mini Chopper

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

mini Chopper

by PITMIX » 17/09/05, 19:26

Here it is done, I worked this morning on my achievement Pantone. I have remedied my mistake (see first inconclusive tests). Once the carbu dismounted and the reactor mounted instead of it. A quick start and go. It turns out a barrage, but impossible to know if the miracles of depollution and reduction of consumption are real. We have to take measurements. For the moment I observe that with 75% water and 25% of gasoline in the tank, hot engine, it turns. By cons I do not know if my engine runs in part using the energy of the water or if it turns only with gasoline vapors. Verdict after measure. In any case, I am very proud of my achievement and I can now express myself knowingly. For me the realization was indispensable. This helps to understand the system and subsequently to test. According to the site Quant'homme and experiences that are multiplying I believe that the results must be satisfactory.
Here are the pictures and video on my website click below

http://members.chello.fr/a.meaglia/cari ... index.html
0 x
oscar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by oscar » 17/09/05, 21:50

Hello everyone,

I just discovered the pantone system recently and I have the intetntion to try it all as soon as I have answers to my questions :P

1 / does the steel rod have to be mobile (I do not see any maintenance on the diagram)?

2 / I do not draw the history of orientation, it is an iron rod which is not magnetized?

3 / "Take the 1 reduction tees" x1 / 2 "x1 / 2" and mount them on a 1 fitting "(a short tube), then using a lathe, mill it at the end for soften it, and bore the hole in the end of 27 / 32 "(21mm) so that the inside pipe of 1 / 2" can slide (slide) inside. "
-> if there is no more thread how it holds this damn tube and in addition there is more sealing? : angry:

4 / tell me pitmix your editing (I did not find the 1ère part) you did it on a small engine, if yes do you think to adapt it to a vehicle?

5 / to operate with water it is imperative 2 separate tanks (not missible)?

sorry for ignorance but I'm starting
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/09/05, 09:37

Hello and well here is for you Oscar know that I followed literally the instructions available on the website Quant'homme and more presisement I was inspired by a photo that shows the material to buy. I am creating a site with photos and videos of my experience. For now it is under construction only the photos are available.
The steel rod is not mobile. The system is completely sealed between the 1 / 2 "inner tube and the 1 outer tube". The exhaust gases do not mix with the intake gases in the reactor.
0 x
lelectron
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lelectron » 18/09/05, 09:55

PITMIX wrote:Hello and well here is for you Oscar know that I followed literally the instructions available on the website Quant'homme and more presisement I was inspired by a photo that shows the material to buy. I am creating a site with photos and videos of my experience. For now it is under construction only the photos are available.
The steel rod is not mobile. The system is completely sealed between the 1 / 2 "inner tube and the 1 outer tube". The exhaust gases do not mix with the intake gases in the reactor.
Realization of a pantone reactor by an amateur

thank you for your information and congratulations as you address this version of plan, thank you
I will embark on the adventure on a small engine to understand and evolve
have a good day
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/05, 11:09

PITMIX wrote:Hello and well here is for you Oscar know that I followed literally the instructions available on the website Quant'homme and more presisement I was inspired by a photo that shows the material to buy. I am creating a site with photos and videos of my experience. For now it is under construction only the photos are available.
Realization of a pantone reactor by an amateur

Hi, nice your catch! What is the motor base?

If you want I can create a page directly on econology? But I think you should throw a topic especially for your realization on the forum (I will add the images) as it will help you more easily and it will move faster!
0 x
lelectron
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lelectron » 18/09/05, 12:10

Hi, nice your catch! What is the motor base?

and the barbecu too :D
0 x
oscar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by oscar » 18/09/05, 14:07

it is true that your chopper is nice but I still prefer the roadster :P

on the other hand I can not enlarge the diagram, you do not know if there is way?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/05, 18:40

oscar wrote:on the other hand I can not enlarge the diagram, you do not know if there is way?

I think you will find everything on this page: http://quanthomme.free.fr/pantone/PMC5.htm

ps: your attachment above, we open it with what?
0 x
oscar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by oscar » 25/09/05, 07:52

sorry, it's not an attachment it was just a quote, I had to do a bad job: rolleyes:
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 13/10/05, 20:59

: P Here is a summary of the different messages generated by this post these were scattered on the forum by my fault. I have gathered them here for more clarity.

ANSWER OF "PITMIX"
The engine base is a 110 Cm3 4 time it is a Chinese replica of DAX HONDA engine you know the small moped of the 80 years with big tires a little like the Chappy.

I decided to make a simplified pantone. Apparently it works better and it's easier. But how does bubbling work? It is simply a matter of heating the water to 90, 95 ° C and recovering the volatile water? Some experimenters seem to have difficulty heating the water. On paper this system seems easy to achieve though. Does anyone have an opinion on it?

REPLY OF "ECONOLOGY"
ah .. here the voice of reason :)

For heating water 3 possibility, simpler to more complex:

1) use the exhaust
2) use cooling water
3) use engine oil

ANSWER OF "PITMIX"
: unsure: Thank you for your lights so I think use the exhaust gas. At first I will regulate only their flow to adjust the temperature of the water to 90 °, it will be easier. On the other hand must I install a venturi in the intake pipe to suck the water vaporized and that I leave my fuel mounted in place of origin?

REPLY OF "ECONOLOGY"
I do not think you need to regulate their flow ... since unless you put a real gas-liquid exchanger (very large) the heat exchange between the gas and the liquid will be quite low.
It is necessary that you realize a new pipe of admission in "T" ... a venturi will actually help but you risk to lose in filling rate engine ... in all cases put a valve in output bubbler

REPNOSIS OF PITMIX
I made the assembly with an exhaust tube that passes into the bubbler to heat the fleet I did not make a pipe T, but is it possible to connect the reactor with a T-type air filter? On one side the air on the other the water. Maybe there will be no sufisament of depression to suck water what do you think?

Here is the shema of the installation I just realized Image
What do you think ? Personally I'm not sure that it can work at the level of water suction by the air filter. In addition I think I have too much favored the heat transmitted to the reactor. I isolated it but I measured only 80 ° C in the middle of the reactor in the length. by the way the water heats up to 40 ° C in the bubbler impossible to get better is it really important?

REPLY OF "ANDRE"
Hello pitmix

It can not work your editing
The reactor should be at the output of lÉchappement any heat engine must be used to heat the rest of the heat is used to heat the bubbler, and the rest go outside,
For sucking you have to go in arrier dirctement throttle in the intake manifold aWith an adjustable valve san what you do aurra more slowed the engine going any pull by the reactor,
if you do not want to put a valve you make a reduction a hole of 3, a 4 mm
Depending on the size of the engine you need tatoner.
Andre

ANSWER OF "PITMIX"
Thank you for your advice André I thought it could not work.
It is therefore necessary to privilege the reactor and possibly heat the water. I just have to start over. By cons, if I understand correctly, for the sucion of the water, I have to make a stitching on the intake pipe and the flow rate of my quilting is adjustable. It becomes complicated Thank you again I get to work and I will keep you posted. FYI I measured 100 ° near the exhaust inlet in the reactor. How much does it take to keep it to a minimum?

REPLY OF "ECONOLOGY"
arg 100 ° c nothing was slow I suppose? 300 must 400 ° C minimum ... but hey we are not on much :D

REPLY OF "ANDRE"
Hello answer to pitmix
is it your 125cc bycicle engine that you want to pantomate?
What comes out of the reactor you have to get it into the engine
Before the carburettor there is suction that when the engine is running at high speed, or after the carburetor there is a large vacuum, and the engine rotates too fast idle (auxiliary input under the carburetor)
This is why it takes a valve that contole you open it when the engine is running, if you want no valve you need a reduced small hole for entry into the collector, otherwise plumbing pipe reactor outlet the engine will only shoot in the reactor ....
the temperature for these small liter engine, exhaust rises more 600c the output even sometimes 700c j, have a small engine like this is my test bench.
with 200c you just can not heat water. it takes a minimum of 400c for the reactor to hang and close to 600 to hang on. (Put it into operation)
Andre

ANSWER FROM "PITMIX"
Thank you again for your help I am going to modify all that I already have a valve at the output of reactor that will allow me to regulate the flow of sucion of the reactor. The reactor is 300 mm long it may be too much for a small engine like that. It is necessary that I recreate myself an exhaust with the integrated reactor will be rained it will heat better. Actually the tests have been done slowing down. You can see the videos on my site. They are of poor quality but longer than before. : Rolleyes:
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"