Replace boiler fuel by motor car

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Replace boiler fuel by motor car

by rubbish » 26/10/16, 23:02

Hello,

I post here an idea, which I must not be the first to have had of course, since it is cogeneration.

We start from a simple observation: my diesel car uses 30% of the fuel energy to move me, the rest or 70% is lost in heat.
Question: how can we no longer lose this 70%?

Twisted idea: we put a tank of water on the car, the water heats up while driving. When we get home we have hot water :P
It sucks, we overconsume to transport water, and the storage capacity is very limited.

So, what if we left the car at home to use it as a boiler rather than a car?

So we leave the car at home. We put its front wheels on rollers which drive an agricultural electric generator (reliable, not too expensive and powerful).
An exchanger is installed on the car's cooling circuit and another on the exhaust.

Now when we need heating, the car starts and produces hot water (70%)
While it is running, we take advantage of the driving force to make electricity and charge the electric car (if already charged then we activate a heat pump).

Balance sheet:
- no need for boilers or heaters, cogeneration without purchasing an additional motor
- electricity at will (and reliable not like small generator) and in complete autonomy
- everyone has a car, so no big investment
- we drive electric (no smoke in town ... I didn't say it doesn't pollute, it's green, in short the usual sales pitch)
- before on 1000 € annual fuel, we lost 700 € on the road, now these 700 € heat the house. To be extrapolated to the scale of a country.
- can run on oil with a good old diesel

Cost of the operation:
- rollers for front wheels (to tinker) xx €
- generator 3000 €
- plate cooling circuit exchanger 100 €
- exhaust exchanger (copper coil?) 100 €
So let's say € 5000 with a ladle, the price of a beautiful oil-fired boiler.

Please tell me if the subject has already been raised and your comments and possible links to achievements.

PS: if someone can do it, it would be interesting to calculate how many MWh we could save on the scale of France and compare with nuclear production for example.
1 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Replace boiler fuel by motor car

by yves35 » 27/10/16, 03:34

Hello,

why selfless life returns to a Japanese page? pirate?

yves
0 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/10/16, 09:19

You forget the soundproof part to the dimensions of the car, mechanical wear, as much to use a generator directly.
It will be necessary to provide an electronic management system for speed regulation and engine start / stop, also a battery pack and inverter to provide electricity outside heating periods.
The car will be immobilized, you will have to buy another for your trips.

In the end, it will cost you more than a co-generation boiler with a stirling engine. http://www.ecoenergiesolutions.com/solu ... s-fiscales
ou https://www.picbleu.fr/page/la-chaudier ... n-stirling
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/16, 10:31

yves35 wrote:Hello,

why selfless life returns to a Japanese page? pirate?

yves

Bin probably because it has been hacked ... probably more Chinese than the Japanese ...
I deleted his signature so ...

To answer the initial idea, has already been experienced: https://www.econologie.com/micro-cogener ... -vegetale/ based on the widespread PSA diesel engine XUD!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/10/16, 10:33

cogeneration is a good idea, but it must be done seriously!

a car engine is too powerful for an average home

a car which makes 50kW or 70ch of mechanical power with 25% of efficiency consumes 200kW of gasoline thus loses 150kW in heat: it is rather what to heat a factory than a house

I used 2kW electric generator in cogeneration: it is much more reasonable, easier to soundproof: assembly of the group in a room of the house with well-sealed exhaust pipes to evacuate outside ... exchanger type double flow but much larger to evacuate the heat to other rooms in the house .... exchanger on the exhaust too

it was with air-cooled engine, available cheap, but it would be simpler with water-cooled engine, but more difficult to find at low power

a car engine does not have a very long life and it would be a shame to use your car for heating: it is better to use another fixed engine optimized for cogeneration
0 x
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rubbish » 27/10/16, 11:50

izentrop wrote:You forget the soundproof part to the dimensions of the car, mechanical wear, as much to use a generator directly.
It will be necessary to provide an electronic management system for speed regulation and engine start / stop, also a battery pack and inverter to provide electricity outside heating periods.
The car will be immobilized, you will have to buy another for your trips.

In the end, it will cost you more than a co-generation boiler with a stirling engine. http://www.ecoenergiesolutions.com/solu ... s-fiscales
ou https://www.picbleu.fr/page/la-chaudier ... n-stirling

No need for a soundproof room for me, my car will be parked outside, not right next to the house and I have no neighbors.
The mechanical wear is the same as if the car was driving, even less because regular and continuous regime.
Cruise control, I'm not sure it is necessary. Automatic start and stop, it should not be complicated with a raspberry or arduino and a relay.
Outside the heating period, I heat my swimming pool, it will always be a waste of heat on the road.
And finally yes, I will need an electric car (or bike that I already have to go shopping). For long journeys I carpool.

Microgeneration: does it charge an electric car? does it work on gas? fuel oil? in oil?
0 x
rubbish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rubbish » 27/10/16, 11:57

chatelot16 wrote:cogeneration is a good idea, but it must be done seriously!

a car engine is too powerful for an average home

a car which makes 50kW or 70ch of mechanical power with 25% of efficiency consumes 200kW of gasoline thus loses 150kW in heat: it is rather what to heat a factory than a house

I used 2kW electric generator in cogeneration: it is much more reasonable, easier to soundproof: assembly of the group in a room of the house with well-sealed exhaust pipes to evacuate outside ... exchanger type double flow but much larger to evacuate the heat to other rooms in the house .... exchanger on the exhaust too

it was with air-cooled engine, available cheap, but it would be simpler with water-cooled engine, but more difficult to find at low power

a car engine does not have a very long life and it would be a shame to use your car for heating: it is better to use another fixed engine optimized for cogeneration

I don't see a problem with power. It will run just less time to produce the same amount of hot water and electricity. Even if it produces too much heat because I only need electricity, don't worry about throwing away the excess heat, since that's what everyone does on the road.

With a generator of 2kW I think we can charge an electric car in a reasonable time, or even that the power is sufficient. And then an old diesel engine ax is reliable, there are parts and it's cheap.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/10/16, 13:27

rubbish wrote:With a generator of 2kW I think we can charge an electric car in a reasonable time, or even that the power is sufficient. And then an old diesel engine ax is reliable, there are parts and it's cheap.
Christophe tell whether this is a principle éconologue ... Already economically sucks and the planet, I do not talk about you. : Twisted:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/10/16, 14:07

I heard about 5 or 6 kw for an electric car charger ... a car engine which can do 50kW will be used at too low power the efficiency will be poor

I used a 2 kW group because it is sufficient power to do without EDF and it does not unnecessarily turn a too big thing ... if the goal is to charge an electric car it would just need a generator a little bigger

but with what fuel? comsomer fuel oil to charge an electric car is difficult to pay even when counting heat recovery and counting the difference in diesel more expensive than fuel oil

it will be profitable with a wood gasifier to power a good generator with cogeneration ... but hello the gas plant! I'm working on it but it's not over yet

for it to be profitable it is necessary that all this material is well studied and durable, maintainable and repairable, if the lifespan of the material is too low it kills the profitability
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/16, 15:22

Rohh me I say nothing ... they never listen to me : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x