Ordered 310 or 316 stainless steel materials

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Murphy59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ordered 310 or 316 stainless steel materials

by Murphy59 » 08/03/06, 15:39

Hello

I wanted to order the materials on the net but it's not obvious,

I went for a walk to http://www.radiospares.fr

it is rather messy, and when we read the characteristics it says that it is not magnetic :?:

which would have the right reference for a rod of 12 + a tube of 16

code: Select all

# Tiges: acier 303S21 austénétique à coupure franche. Contient du sulfure ajouté pour améliorer ses qualités d’usinage ; possède une forte résistance à la corrosion.Non magnétique.

# Tubes: acier 316 L austénétique résistant à la corrosion, non magnétique. Facile à usiner et à polir. Propriétés mécaniques améliorées par l’usinage à froid. Les tailles jusqu’à 9,53 mm inclus sont proposées avec un annelage brillant et les tailles de 12,70 à 25,40 mm avec une finition polie non brillante, avec un grain A240. Non recommandé pour les températures supérieures à +300°C .
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 08/03/06, 16:55

Did you find out about a break near your home? if not..
http://www.radiospares.fr/cgi-bin/bv/br ... 1193457912
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Murphy59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Murphy59 » 09/03/06, 12:35

In a broken stainless steel tube?

thanks for the link but its not working its gives its

code: Select all

http://www.radiospares.fr/f1/session_timeout.htm

the references would be better

please
0 x
Easter 85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Easter 85 » 13/03/06, 22:20

Hello
try to see if someone who works in an agro-food factory can not get that for you ... in this sector, they are only allowed to use stainless steel. The maintenance department has what you need to cut it, weld it ... try to find the right person near you. cheerio
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 13/03/06, 22:46

Hi i guess Lau meant a ferailleur.
Stainless steel rod I did not find at the maker but tests all the same. If you have in your corner a hardware store for professionals like "Basket" or "Descourt & Cabaud" you can find your happiness.
But it is expensive.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/03/06, 10:28

but a stainless steel rod, it’s in a store, welding department, right?
0 x
Other

by Other » 14/03/06, 16:02

Hello Abyssinian
In a store it is sold in length of 20 feet or 6 meters
What are you going to do with the rest?
There must be small machining companies around
usually they have a whole stock of material and they sell you a little
parts. If he is recalcitrant makes a small plan and has the part machined to the exact measurement, with the small rods at the ends, there he will collaborate, it comes back even cheaper than buying a bar.
If it is a first assembly takes a simple steel rod, if the assembly works well, after a year of use you will replace it with stainless steel. It is not the nox that makes the assembly work or not work. Often times you make changes.
In general I go to metal recyclers, it recovers all the remaining metals from these companies, it separates the stainless steel from other metals and you find the reactor tube and the rod that goes with there are so many choices, you search in the (TOB) big box it is sold by weight, ($ 1 per pound) you buy a little more so that it can read something on the scale. and he will be more receptive when you come back ..

Andre
0 x
lusitano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

products

by lusitano » 14/03/06, 17:49

Hello everyone
do not take your head : Shock: indeed at a metal recuperator or scrap dealer you can find almost everything, you may have to be very patient and stainless steel is very rare.
Otherwise you take the YELLOW PAGES directory in the FERS commerce section and you will find the signs there (valid in all cities of France)
They serve professionals and individuals (certainly not the same prices) lengths 6m. for stainless steel several lengths available ... they can sometimes cut them for free for convenience of transport if not take a small grinder or hacksaw.
Do not hesitate to ask them for a catalog of their FREE products.
if not as said andre goes to the little ironworker, locksmith or metal worker around and asks to buy some of these scraps : Mrgreen: lusitano a + friends
0 x
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

occasional stainless steel.

by phil 14 » 08/04/06, 20:28

For the Normans, I have a collection address for exclusively stainless steel materials (dairy + miscellaneous) on the edge of Calvados and Eure.
A+
PHILL 14
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"