carb

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 03/09/05, 16:09

Hi everybody !

To answer André, it is out of the question to send water vapor into the engine. What we have to send (at the intake level) is a mixture of air (majority) and "GEET" gas, created by the passage through the reactor of a mixture of air and steam of water. To say that we are sending water vapor into the engine is unreasonable and incorrect.

If in your tests with an electric kettle, you mainly sent water vapor into the combustion chamber, your engine must have been raging, for lack of air, therefore of oxygen, which remains the oxidant essential to the reaction with the fuel. In these conditions, it is not surprising that you have obtained bad results.

To return to the steam generator that I am building, I have sought to reproduce what is happening in the bubbler (in the case of 100% water doping). We have fresh air which agitates by suction of the heated water around 90 ° C, and what happens at the inlet of the reactor is therefore a mixture of air and water vapor.

In my system, I generate steam which arrives in a room where it mixes with fresh air, coming from the air filter, with the essential advantage that there is no restriction on the admission , since I don't have to fight against the water column of a bubbler.

A simple valve for adjusting the water flow rate, from the buffer tank, will send only the quantity necessary for the operation of the reactor in slowdown mode.
If it works as soon as it slows down, it will work at all speeds, since I have provided 4 reactors with a 100 mm rod, to treat the air / steam mixture. The quantity of mixture will thus be conditioned only by the suction, i.e. lastly by the engine speed ...

For all, do not confuse what is sent in the admission. The role of the reactor is to recondition the air / steam mixture which passes inside, by a kind of pyrolysis. If the minimum temperature for it to occur is reached, we no longer have an air / steam mixture at the outlet, but ... something else.

As I said in my post on the test bench project, it would be more than interesting to characterize this gas mixture (called GEET) to get out of the fog of experimentation by trial and error, but it will probably come one day ...

In the meantime, I'm continuing to build and edit my prototype on my 205, and keep you posted as soon as I have something new!

See you,

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
Other

by Other » 03/09/05, 17:45

Hello Camel reply
I think my explanations were misunderstood
The engine draws the major part of its combustion air valve after the reactor, just before admission it draws a small portion also through the pantone, it was a petrol engine which operated with fuel oil in pantone.
in the pantone air suction I make it absorb a small part of the steam made with the kettle and air, never the steam is forced it comes out of an X pipe and the sucked air takes the steam by depression, l, exedent returns to the atmosphere. I compared it to sucking through a water bubbler, with the bubbler it works, but with the superheated steam it does not work.
Andre
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 03/09/05, 18:48

To obtain an electrostatic effect, there must be droplets of water which move and rub against the walls between the tube and the rod. Dry steam will not be suitable.

These electrical charges can lead to the initiation of radical chemical reactions or the electrons torn off will create free radicals.

These free radicals will allow chemical reactions with oxygen and water to lead to oxygenated compounds such as alcohol, ketone, aldehydes and by molecular rearrangement (mainly with ketones and aldehydes) of the smaller molecules.

During my thesis in oceanology, I was doing photochemistry and organic marine geochemistry and I studied these phenomena, from free radicals created by molecules absorbing light called photosensitizers, and transmitted to d other molecules (including hydrocarbons) which reacted spontaneously with water and oxygen.

From an alkane, we came to have different ketones, alcohols, aldehydes and with the alkenes, molecular rearrangements leading to the breaking of the HC chain.

My theory of what's going on in the reactor is this:

Plasma is too energetic to produce, it is surely not the phenomenon at stake.

The friction of water droplets causes static electricity (we have known for centuries), which implies the use of a wet vapor (bubbler, fogger, carburetor) and not a dry vapor.

The electrons uprooted can form free radicals with water, oxygen and HC and from there, multiple studies have shown that we could have:

Oxidation - An oxidized fuel works better and produces less pollution.
Molecular rearrangement with decreased HC chain - more volatile fuel, closer to a gas therefore better combustion - It is a craking.
Incorporation of hydrogen from the ruptured water molecule - No more 'fuel' to burn, therefore more energy to recover.
Free radicals : Lifespan of some tens or hundreds of milliseconds, so they have time to react with HC, even after leaving the reactor and aspiration into the cylinder - Explanation of the gains obtained by PMC with diesel, because there is no "craking" in the reactor, the reactions can take place in the cylinder with the unreacted free radicals.

This is why I am convinced that the PMC is not a delusion of sectarian economists but a scientific reality, to the chagrin of some.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/09/05, 19:51

Not having a Pantone proto on hand yet and therefore unable to check for myself, I call on those who are more advanced than me to answer a question that annoys me: the gas from an air mixture -dry steam (doping with water only, without fuel) at the exit of the Pantone is it flammable?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 03/09/05, 20:12

Based on what I outlined above, it shouldn't, but it's true that I haven't tried it.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
zac

by zac » 05/09/05, 20:03

Hello
no, but delivers "chestnuts" there.
My idea, (not based on any scientific basis but on my experience of the engines and on my nose), is that it is not a fuel but a super oxidizer.
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Cozy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cozy » 07/09/05, 10:24

Thank you EX-OCEANO for real scientific explanations. It’s good to have them among all of these.
The fact remains that the achievement is based on experience, tips, experimentation to achieve good reproducible reliability.
Looking forward to reading new scientific explanations or reasoning.
Bernard
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/05, 17:11

Yes, excellent hypotheses ... Especially since they are more than plausible. Finally a real chemist who is looking into the subject!
0 x