IPESol, solar collectors in semi-spherical domes?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

IPESol, solar collectors in semi-spherical domes?

by Christophe » 11/05/09, 10:32

Or rather "domic" but I don't know if that exists as a word! : Cheesy:

A priori designed for the heating of swimming pools and the relief of heat pump (interesting combination in winter if the heat transfer fluid is passed in the sensors!), It allows, according to the doc to make the ECS. 5 domes can meet the DHW needs of a family of 4 people ... in the summer!

Advantages: no orientation "south" is necessary and the energy supplied is constant according to the azimuth of the sun!

Remains an unknown: the price per m² (or kW in this case because hard to compare the m² with plan or tube)?

I remain a little skeptical about performance / clutter: we will never recover more than the surface projected radially in the sun!

And doesn't the "North" side of the dome risk being negative on the thermal?

In this case the 2 * 1 / 2 semi sphere (with the North side well insulated) could be more efficient?

Commercial brochure to download IPESol

I think, as for the EPDM sensors that it is a good solution for the sunniest regions!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/05/09, 13:08

It does not seem that bad at all on a flat roof. Less wind blowing problem, no frame and expensive extruded aluminum rails. Not the ideal all-rounder, but there is definitely a market niche and it may not be too expensive: 23 polypropylene pipe m ... at the price of copper.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/09, 13:11

Precisely copper was divided by 2 in 6 months ... with what impact on the price of solar thermal? None as usual ...

The catch in the wind does not seem to me so problematic as that on the other hand: the esthetics (already that the flat panels are prohibited in certain communes), the price of the kW "peak" (if I dare say because we can no longer speak in m² there) and the real performances intrigue me more ...

In short: is it economically competitive?

ps: hemispherical solar collector ca would be correct as term?
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 17/05/09, 12:54

Hello
Type it on ebay I think it's the same product.
HEATING POOL HEATING SOLAR COLLECTOR
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."