Vegetable oil burner boiler ball

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

Vegetable oil burner boiler ball

by Other » 25/09/06, 05:17

Hello

Description of the burner ball that I put on the forum PMC evolution last year Fabien made the text, the original is handwritten (no computer 1970 when I designed this burner, which asked me a few years of development
although initially I had put my energy to want pulverize an oil film on two discs in friction, given the complexity of realization I am facing something more simple, and who tolerated the unfiltered oil, not refined, the temperature reached in this burner is limited to the melting point of copper, I arrived earlier, with montages warm air jogging, but in this assembly I have sought simplicity and endurance of the parts,
as well as just a piece of pipe the tip of the nozzle simply reduced iron resists a dizainne d, years
a high temperature application of material in refractory nozzles and for home heating is not necessary to go higher than 1200c, although the high temperature combustion ensures a better ..
You'll notice on the photo gray color in the nozzle of the burner that looks like a car exhaust that works in the right ratio and supported.

Here in detail what make a simple heating, is without economic fummée, operating oilseeds. It can be supplied with all kinds of vegetable oils is the same grease once liquefied. The oil does not need to be filtered This may require some adjustment of the system. But I trust you when modifications and adaptations.

Principle of operation

Is allowed to flow slowly by gravity oil on top of the ball, the oil film stretches is becoming thinner to reach its minimum thickness in the middle of the sphere. (That is observing the paint ammincire on a ball that I get to this principle)
The oil that passes the slot is pulverized by an air jet, the excess oil flowing when with him in the return system that has more acts to protect the ball against flame radiation . Impurities pass over the ball and back into the tank it is no inconvenéants to the burner.

The ideal operating pressures are in 1.3 1.5 kg. The system ideally works when the oil has reached to 60 80 ° C. When it exceeds 100 ° C, there is difficulty in maintaining the entire oil film.
Because of traces of water suspended in certain oils
With this device you can heat with all oils. The downside is a bit noisy as a big torch.

Adjusting the oil flow is through the needle valve. A small piece of coarse mesh, before the needle in the pipe to prevent clogging the narrow passage. If depleted too much, the flame is shortened, resonates and generates more noise. The heating power is adjusted when her thanks to the needle valve and the atomizing air pressure.

the burner can be operated in a fireplace without direct garage, there is no smoke when the flow is snug, but be careful anyway to leave a small vent to doors or windows, you never know (principle kerosene stove)

To stop, simply cut off the air, it may leak a little oil that cools the sphere.

To stay in a simple assembly is not sending combustion air by a fan, only siphon. If we add a fan it become even hotter and you often change the steel tube burner does not stand long, and for home heating flame to 1100 ° C is more than enough.

The heating power is such that one gets to melt aluminum and copper. We can even run small parts, or in servire as forging heating

Manufacturing

The most difficult part is to make the hollow ball. The simplest is to make the brass which is easier to machine and weld.
We get a rod with a diameter of 12 to 18 (the sphere must be 12 to 18 mm in diameter. Bigger we heat a complete building !!), we make a hole in the center diameter 4mm or more to allow the passage of l air and a good stroke of a file to make the "exit slit". The latter must have a width of 5 to 6 mm, and a depth of 2 / 10th of a mm It should be noted that a slit that is too thin becomes blocked with impurities in the air and that too wide consumes too much air and requires a larger compressor. The simplest is an old refrigerator compressor with a regulator to adjust the air pressure. (plan to add oil for the compressor, because in open circuit it consumes some)
Once the machined slot in one puts a piece of steel foil oxidized to plug the hole, placed the hat and the soda money (solder). And we remove the foil (hoping that the weld did not stick). Then it only remains to machine the entire data ribs either turn or drill with a good lime. The ball must be well polished paper with water and then the polishing paste (the ball must have a chrome effect).
The slot should be slightly above the middle, but never below the middle because the oil film begins to grow in the descent.
The pipe that brings fuel to the ball does not touch, but should be close to a few millimeters, and centered on the ball, the ball must be in vertical position well.

Please do not try to make too big a burner. The dimensions on plans supplied heating a home or garage when the outside temperature is around -20 see - 30 ° C. And with low power consumption (1,8 liter per hour)

For the first tests I suggest you take a container reserve a liter, up above the ball, and another below because in walking distance the oil temperature increases quickly and flow settings have to adjust. Most of the oil that passes the ball going to return only the part that passes the slot is burned.
Initially we light with a small propane blowtorch, it is not necessary to install an electrical ignition system, flame sensor and solenoid on the area has less to want to make an unattended and automatic system.
sprayed oil before combustion has the appearance of cigarette smoke.
The burner works best with heavy oil, consumes less and gives more heat than with oil.

NOTES
The slot in the ball is between 6 8 has milliemmes inch of this should give a 2 3 diziemmes mm
the slot is barely visible to the eoil

Andre
Last edited by Other the 11 / 10 / 06, 03: 05, 1 edited once.
1 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 25/09/06, 09:07

Super interesting your burner system!

Deja becaufe ca looks simple hyper air achieve, but also because it's going to be can afford to heat my workshop this winter with oil recovered at the recycling center :)

I wonder what is already or I'll find myself in the full brass bar :)
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Other

by Other » 04/10/06, 03:16

Hello

Following an MP to have some explanations on the ball
how to achieve it.
The clicking and tole thin oxidized which are threaded into the assembly before welding the two sides, being careful not to paste, graphite dust in the slot can also make the, case, once the machined ball must passser a thinner foil and then clean air jet
I have many other pictures but I do not want too loader post ..
I metterez as and measurement issues. Do something and explain something that's both worlds ..
it is a hollow ball with a forward one air souflle slot in the ball and place the jet flowing oil film on the ball
to have the best performance it is necessary that the oil film is as thin as posible and the air pressure is not too high for too scatter the oil film-coat, it should get an oil fummée, the flame blue is has some cm of the ball is the volatile portion of the oil that burned in the first then it becomes yellow and transparent is the heaviest part of the oil is at the end of the yellow flame the highest temperature is reached must be flame burner output otherwise the nozzles do not make old bones
stainless steel désagrer green layer and eventually crystallize, a cast nozzle and one that resisted the longest.
Andre

0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 04/10/06, 12:58

hello, I is not found, the photos, what category?
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 08/10/06, 22:56

strongly retired I make me this goofy Hot Plates !! 8)
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/06, 09:15

FRANCK (49) wrote:strongly retired I make me this goofy Hot Plates !! 8)

Franck you mean pump back burner the ball like all the people of your mentality who know exploiting the work of others? You make me sick !

So one thing clear: you and your cronies go calm down to repack without the agreement of the members and without CITER THE SOURCE (band of small malins) the remarks of the forum econology (as you do on Olio) and try to get into your forum sectarian members here?

Can not you see what I mean? Then click here
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 09/10/06, 09:37

: Shock: : Shock:
yes .... it's limit!
but do not make a virtual war of forums : Cheesy:
There queque rules to follow.
hoping that the polemic is in stop there. At least your point of view is clear, christophe! :D

André burner for your congratulations! with the pictures (we now cover I see them, :?: ) it's clear,
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/10/06, 11:27

ChristopheYou are right to remind that at least cite sources.
And the attempted solicitation is not friendly from Franck...
-------------
I read a bit in this forum and saw an interesting subject:
The 6 pages Macroma in about
Distillation and flash point
http://www.freeforum101.com/z650/viewto ... forum=z650

vegetable oil distillation test used, transformed the 2 / 3, 30% in green gasoline (item 20 flash) and to 60 70% diesel fuel (flash point 65) and explosive gas. Remains a fixed residue.

can distillation from molasses residues. Which again would value the ethanol process, using the residues are usually burned.

This simple experiment for chemists would be put under the elbow, by the oil, until the oil becomes scarce.
Macroma wants to communicate this news:
Posted: Sat October 07, 2006 11: 21 pm "We must broadcast except that there is my name on the link of my video and we must be able to read the plate of this poor fiat"
---------
"I do not understand why we are the first to think about this thing this distillation operation all the people who work in oil (and yes I am) know it it is used to determine a gasoline diesel mixture .. Either we are in a world of fat lazy people who have never spent anything in their stills other than hoax or what was asked of them either the thing is too good to be honest. When the mower started on the 3rd stroke my arms are fallen I escaped the digital camera thus losing the film of the preparation ... A kid on Christmas Eve ... With our poor skills manage to make gasoline from a poor ultimate waste ... It just goes to show that there are those who know I am sure and who wait patiently for the last drop. Or they have a concrete block around their feet ... "

: Arrow:
Franck has to open a topic on econology on this topic in collaboration with Macroma...
----------
30 / 70: it respects the proportion of the French fleet ...
Capita against a large gas station, I hoped green fuels, less toxic and more fragrant. There I served: by-products stink. : Evil:
-----------
Excuse me Andre for this off topic.
But maybe in your burner ball, blown oil, once at temperature, is "cracked" in these volatile products that help the rise in temperature.
Have you noticed a flame going green?
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 09/10/06, 12:30

+ 1 I not mention the source, I share correct!
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
Bernados
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Congratulations to André !!

by Bernados » 09/10/06, 13:14

me! I am retired and awe that I am interested in the project.
Andrew simple question, or did I not understand everything: between the ball and the burner is there another tube?
thank you for the answer!
0 x
Unity is strength