Inventions, watering, electric tiller, distiller ..

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
ryu26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Inventions, watering, electric tiller, distiller ..

by ryu26 » 01/09/07, 11:32

Hello to all green people, I will show you most of my father's creations, I help him in these projects, so here we have a rather nice tool that I implemented more than 7 years ago, a variable flow sprinkler system.

My father took care of the mechanical part, and I of the electrical part, I will try to explain in a few lines this system.
It is used to water your garden manually or automatically thanks to a 7-way programmer, a valve, and a 12V motor, and I can regulate the flow.

Why regulate the flow? To avoid small sprinklers or my porous pipes from being subjected to too much pressure during watering, I could have put a valve with a solenoid valve in series but I do not have all the advantages with my system.

- In manual mode, I can choose the valve opening position, I installed a small console between the garage and the kitchen to control the valve, there are 4 lights to indicate the position of the valve at any time .
- In automatic, the valve opens by itself.

If the EDF network is cut, the valve will close on its own thanks to a 12V battery.

Here are some photos that speak more than a long speech:

Valve :

Desk and above the programmer:

Relay (7 channels):

I did with the means at hand :D

The valve power box:

To distribute the water, my father built a homemade 6-way carinette, which distributes the water for his garden ... :) it can adjust or cut the water flow.
Last edited by ryu26 the 12 / 10 / 07, 14: 51, 2 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/09/07, 22:47

: Arrow: Welcome ryu26.

Have a good visit on the forum.
The subject you present shows a phenomenal investment in time and work. But from my point of view, it does not really meet the ecological criteria and even less those of econology.

We all made mistakes from a young age ... I think that with the skills you have deployed in this project, you have the capacity to do economic wonders.

You are talking about watering a garden. It is, I think a vegetable garden (watering a lawn is not ecological). The choice of drippers is preferable to that of porous pipes.

For many crops, we can dispense with watering thanks to techniques such as cultivation on BRF (Fragmented Rameal Wood) which allows to maintain the humidity of the soil while restoring the biological richness of the substrate.
As much as possible, it is desirable to water with rainwater collected in a tank.

An econological approach aims to avoid waste, to save money and to preserve the resources and the wallet of "econologists".

In your case, you spent money to consume more paying water ...
:frown:
0 x
ryu26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ryu26 » 02/09/07, 11:03

citro wrote:Welcome ryu26.

-> Thank you to you, and delighted I Citro, we can talk to each other. I'm not the President and I don't think you are. : Cheesy:

citro wrote:Have a good visit on the forum.

-> For the story, a guy on Youtube advised me to come on this forum to show my creations ...

citro wrote:The subject you present shows a phenomenal investment in time and work. But from my point of view, it does not really meet the ecological criteria and even less those of econology.

We all made mistakes from a young age ... I think that with the skills you have deployed in this project, you have the capacity to do economic wonders.

You are talking about watering a garden. It is, I think a vegetable garden (watering a lawn is not ecological). The choice of drippers is preferable to that of porous pipes.

-> You are right in research, and in working time I did not count, nevertheless you are wrong, it remains ecological, let me explain, first point, it is indeed a small vegetable garden (around 100m²)
Secondly, when you say `` drippers is preferable to that of porous pipes '' I fully agree with you, I did not show everything, my vegetable garden uses drippers and porous pipes, if you put drippers for a strip of carrots it is not really practical, you see the thing ... Finally "We all made mistakes from youth ....."

citro wrote:For many crops, we can dispense with watering thanks to techniques such as cultivation on BRF (Fragmented Rameal Wood) which allows to maintain the humidity of the soil while restoring the biological richness of the substrate.
As much as possible, it is desirable to water with rainwater collected in a tank.

-> I know that it is better to water with rainwater, the problem is storage, if you have a 20m³ tank for cheap I will buy it from you without problem, but patience, I did not show everything ....
As for BRF, we will say that I have my own BRF, I make a 100% natural compost .... If you want a photo, I will show it on occasion.

citro wrote:An econological approach aims to avoid waste, to save money and to preserve the resources and the wallet of "econologists".

In your case, you spent money to consume more paying water ...

-> I still agree with you it is necessary: ''avoid waste'', I use 60 to 70% of city water to water my vegetable garden, the rest is watered with rain water, but the problem I mentioned a little above is storage, and especially the rain, I live between Bollène and Orange (limit Drôme and Vaucluse) the precipitation is more and more weak, the Mistral dries up the ground, therefore, that does not help matters.
-> Otherwise last point, show me your water bill, and even that of EDF, and I will show you mine .... I am very curious to know your annual consumption. (Without cheating of course : Mrgreen: )

Ps1: I learned a new word "econologist" that does not exist .... I say "thrifty" or "ecological"
Ps2: I will show my '' Écocréations '' soon, oh, I made up a word. : Mrgreen:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/09/07, 22:15

:D We are getting to know each other better.
I tu you all the post and I finished by writing your by alluding to YOUR common work to your father and you.

The word ECONOLOGY was created by Christophe, the site's webmaster.
There must be somewhere the definition of the inventor more precise than the summary I made above.

My consumption this year is as follows.
For a 115m² house on a 700m² plot, a family of 4, this gives:
Water: 140 m3 (I consumed less than 100m3 in 2000)
EDF: 4 Kwh
GAS: 16 Kwh

The consumption of water has soared with children who are growing and wasting.
The gas consumption is stable, but the bill is not.
The EDF consumption has increased by 25% since 2000.

There, you know everything.
0 x
ryu26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ryu26 » 04/09/07, 19:47

citro wrote:We are getting to know each other better.
I tu you all the post and I finished by writing your by alluding to YOUR common work to your father and you.

-> Ok, I was teasing ..... : Cheesy:

citro wrote:The word ECONOLOGY was created by Christophe, the site's webmaster.
There must be somewhere the definition of the inventor more precise than the summary I made above.

-> Well I didn't know, and then it was weird when I was reading your post, anyway. : Arrow:

citro wrote:My consumption this year is as follows.
For a 115m² house on a 700m² plot, a family of 4, this gives:
Water: 140 m3 (I consumed less than 100m3 in 2000)
EDF: 4 Kwh
GAS: 16 Kwh

The consumption of water has soared with children who are growing and wasting.
The gas consumption is stable, but the bill is not.
The EDF consumption has increased by 25% since 2000.

There, you know everything.

-> Our annual consumption:
For a house of 100m² on a plot of 1100m² ~, a family of 4 people (4 adults), this gives:
Water: it rotates between 70 and 105m3
EDF: 3700 KWh to 4500 KWh
GAS: 0 KWh (We heat with wood, we are given the wood, so
....)

Water: with a freestanding swimming pool in summer, and when there is a drought the consumption rises.
EDF: it is necessary to cut the wood well, otherwise we have noticed that the consumption remains stable, but lately it has started to rise slightly, due to the computer, TV, and console.
Gas: my father makes methane, he managed to heat meat.

Thanks for responding citro :!:

Soon I’m preparing a little presentation of everything we’ve done, I’ll do that during the week

I noticed that the modo (s) have changed the title of my subject. :| I hope it will put as it was before i.e.: My inventions, my creations by ryu26
0 x
ryu26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ryu26 » 08/09/07, 10:27

Another little creation .... for gardening.

Before, my father used a thermal tiller (that of my neighbor) it made noise, it is necessary to make an annual maintenance, it is necessary gasoline, that pollutes, it is heavy etc .....

One day my father found a carcass from a tiller, and he got the idea : Idea: to put an electric motor (three phase), and voila the "nuclear" tiller was born, there is a forward, reverse and stop, no maintenance, no noise, light, no rejection of carbon monoxide.
Only drawback, the electric wire but hey there are many electric mowers, why not a tiller. : Mrgreen:

Here are some pictures to illustrate the beast, and a video in action.

=====> https://www.econologie.com/motoculteur-e ... -3825.html<=====the video

General view :

The orders :

What do you think :?: It is an ecological machine.
Last edited by ryu26 the 25 / 01 / 08, 16: 29, 11 edited once.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 08/09/07, 15:23

ryu26 wrote: What do you think :?: It is an ecological machine.

Hello

a superb start; there is more than change the engine for a 24v truck starter powered by some battery, recharged by solar or wind and it will be perfect : Mrgreen:

@+

PS: not to return the ground is better and less fatigue : Lol:
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/09/07, 18:48

8) It is an excellent econologist achievement.

All the ingredients are there.
-The recovery of the base to transform avoiding recycling costs
-electric transformation.

Bravo. :P
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/09/07, 21:48

Bonjour à tous

zac wrote:a superb start; there is more than change the engine for a 24v truck starter powered by some battery, recharged by solar or wind and it will be perfect : Mrgreen:

Not sure that a truck starter is capable of operating for long periods of continuous use. : Cry:

An electric mower is relatively easy to master even in relatively uneven terrain, on the other hand a tiller shakes and jumps more easily when it finds a large stone.

There it is not a question of going to catch the electric wire which trails beside the machine. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 09/09/07, 21:55

From what is visible in the photo, a PVC pole keeps the wire on the left.
If the wire is nibbling, it may be possible to put a 15 or 30 mA differential switch at the start of the extension cord so that the power is immediately cut off without worrying for the gardener.
Similarly, a switch (such as a mercury switch) controlling a relay could stop the engine if the tiller tipped over.

Brief congratulations.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"