Electricity prices in Europe and France

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Electricity prices in Europe and France

by Christophe » 23/08/06, 14:14

Here is a comparison of the average real prices (including subscription) of electricity in Europe:

Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 01 / 09, 15: 40, 2 edited once.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 31/08/06, 10:34

In fact, what would be interesting is to link the energy sources used by the countries, for example Greece.

The cost is really very low.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/06, 10:42

Yes I guess it's coal power plant ...

But what would be necessary is also correct in relation to the standard of living of the country in question ... In France have paid the Kwhe the cheapest of Europe by taking into account this criterion, but:

1) Not only this comparison gives a high kwhe for France (see my 1er post) ...
2) It does not take into account this last remark ...
0 x
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Price of electricity in Europe and France

by mnot » 12/10/07, 16:37

Christophe wrote:I do not know how is calculated this but the french cost seems to me overestimated in France (4cts in h hollow and 6cts in h full ... it is not the taxes that do more than hurt prices all the same?) And under estimated in Belgium.

Maybe this calculation takes into account the costs that do not appear on your bill. For example the help of the state to build a nuclear power station ... You pay them by your taxes (VAT, income ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 16:44

Mmmm in this case it should be bcp higher no?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/10/07, 18:46

Hello mnot
mnot wrote:Maybe this calculation takes into account the costs that do not appear on your bill. For example the help of the state to build a nuclear power station ... You pay them by your taxes (VAT, income ...)

There may be some help for the construction of the plants. But,
from what I understand, according to several articles published in Sciences et Vie, when we say that the price of the French nuclear is competitive, it is to take up the slogan of disinformation government orchestrated by EDF and that we have carefully overshadowed the astronomical cost of dismantling the old atomic power stations.

Sooner or later, it will pay this dismantling, it is the gift package that expects taxpayers that we are. : Evil:

In the meantime, we sell (at a loss!?) And cheap, electricity to our European neighbors. It does not matter the catching up will be done on our taxes. : Evil:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gillous
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gillous » 25/11/07, 10:55

Christophe wrote:
I do not know how is calculated this but the french cost seems to me overestimated in France (4cts in h hollow and 6cts in h full ... it is not the taxes that do more than hurt prices all the same?) And under estimated in Belgium.

No, the price of French electricity is not overvalued, because we must add the price of the subscription.

taking as an example my electricity bill:

offer: "blue tariff"
service: "peak hours / off-peak hours"
subscribed power: "6KVA"

consumption from 12/12/2005 to 07/12/2006: "2 Kwh"
full hour consumption: "1 Kwh"
off-peak consumption: "798 Kwh"

fixed share: 90.60 Euros
full hours share: 109.68 Euros
part off-peak: 36.11 Euros

Departmental tax: 7.56 Euros
Municipal tax: 0 Euros
CSPE: 10.01 Euros
Reduced VAT: 5.14 Euros
VAT: 31.45 Euros

Total: 290.55 Euros

I pay my electricity 0.13 Euros / Kwh: :!:
(290.55 / 2 224 = 0.1306)

everyone can check on their electricity bill that the price shown on the diagram is a realistic average.
As Flytox rightly points out, the "competitive" price of electricity in France is only relative and serves above all to silence opposition to nuclear power.

in fact, the French nuclear exception is much more the result of state financing in the nuclear industry than of the nuclear kWh itself.
because the cost of the Kwh does not take into account the research since 50ans, the denormalization of the power stations and the waste management.
lastly, spending in this sector and the state's willingness to retain this competence prevents any significant progress in sectors such as energy savings and renewable energies, which nevertheless have considerable potential.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 30/01/08, 22:17

Subject digging: in Belgium it is rather 8.4 cent / kWh

But we are promised a significant increase for 2008 ....
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/02/08, 22:19

+ 1 Gillous

I think you have to take into account the price of the subscription, unless you consume as much as an electrolysis plant : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/08, 19:15

dreamer wrote:Subject digging: in Belgium it is rather 8.4 cent / kWh

But we are promised a significant increase for 2008 ....

Uh at home can be but home (province luxembourg) is 25 cents per kWh!

Belgium must be the country where there is the most regional variation on energy ... Moreover if you had an explanation to this it would interest me :)
0 x