Wind project for private

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
CelineOleron
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind project for private

by CelineOleron » 30/09/15, 20:50

Hello, I am part of an association for social purposes. I take care of an ecological garden on which are implanted two pine chalets of 20 square meters each. The land is on the edge of town. Located in the Yvelines, the association wishes to promote renewable energy by installing a wind turbine to power the lighting. I am in charge of proposing a quote for this project. Thank you for your help. Celine O. :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/15, 07:35

Hi Céline,

Why did you choose a wind turbine?

Have you studied the winds, wind potential, at the location in question?

If it is only for lighting (LED) without injection on the network, I think that some solar panels will be enough ... the ideal is to put both (when there is wind, there is usually no sun).

For the choice of wind turbine, small marine wind turbines should suffice.

Now you would have to calculate your lighting request in more detail.
0 x
CelineOleron
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind turbine vs solar panels

by CelineOleron » 02/10/15, 07:42

Hello Christophe, we have already studied photovoltaics but the investment is too heavy. For wind studies I have no protocol for doing them. If you have that it interests me. I have a portable anemometer.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/15, 17:14

A wind study is done over several months ... ideally a year ... taking the wind on an ad hoc basis cannot constitute a study to predict future wind production.

A wind turbine is roughly installed at the same price as pv solar panels for the same power ... after all depends on the power precisely.

The current price of pv solar panels installed is around € 3 per Wc, therefore € 3000 / 1000W less if you install it yourself.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/10/15, 18:16

Celine said:

but the investment is too heavy

Of course, if you ask some installers ... Know that the panels leave China around a peak euro / watt. In Belgium, there are ways to negotiate the installed around 3,5 euros / Watt peak.

Wind is not free either: when you see the price of the pylon and its foundations ....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
CelineOleron
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by CelineOleron » 26/10/15, 13:14

"Wind power is not free, no: when you see the price of the pylon and its foundations ....
"

my idea is to install the mast of the wind turbine on the wall of the chalet. therefore no concrete foundation planned.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/10/15, 11:23

to work properly a wind turbine must be at least 2 times higher than the nearest construction ... it is not advisable to fix a mast 2 times higher than your chalet to a wall that does not necessarily have the solidity sufficient

I see around my house several small wind turbines mounted too low: they never rotate properly: even when there is a good wind that would produce a fairly high wind turbine, these too low wind turbines only start to stop and turn as weather vanes

the economic efficiency of wind turbines depends a lot on the size, the bigger it is the more profitable: it is the big ones of several gigawatts which are the most profitable ... the small ones are gadgets too expensive for what it produces

the economic efficiency of photovoltaics is the same whatever the dimension: we are sure of the result
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/10/15, 12:26

Without speaking about the fact that the chalet is undoubtedly just posed on a flagstone and that to impose the constraint of a pylon to him, even not very high, it is to take the risk of ... to dismantle it (the chalet), with the first a bit severe gale.

I agree with my comrades: the wind turbine is probably a rather "gadget" choice, without any real efficiency. Except in the special case of a particularly windy site (mountain peak, pass, island, etc.), which is not the case.

On the other hand, for just a little lighting, a 12 V panel, a regulation, a lead-acid battery, an LED lamp, there is a kit with "simple" connections (which allow you to connect without even knowing anything about it, without get tangled between the + and the -) ... We know that this will work most of the time (a cut is possible, if for a few days in a row it is 100% gray and you pull on it ...).

Without ads (I took at random on my search engine), just to illustrate my point:

https://solaireshop.fr/kit-solaire-200w ... GwodeXABoA

I already worked with this type of system (but wired by hand!) In the 80s in Chad! [but we didn't have the LEDs yet; it was a 12 V fluorescent tube]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/10/15, 14:27

Small addition.

With few resources, the most sensible thing is undoubtedly to promote energy savings. It costs nothing other than time, ideas, a good diagnosis, persistence ... AND then it even pays off.

Alas, there is not much ... to see!

But to join the initial idea, would it not be rather relevant to couple a renewable production with educational actions: leave a box plugged into the battery, to see that it drains for nothing, or a DVD player in "stand-by" or a TV on standby, etc ... All with a device that measures and records consumption ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/10/15, 13:21

Securing a wind turbine to a home can cause major disappointments ...

The wind turbine in operation generates vibrations that are transmitted to the building and cause acoustic disturbance.

This can go as far as deteriorating the structure of the building ...
0 x