What to choose: heat pump or photovoltaic?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jilow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What to choose: heat pump or photovoltaic?

by jilow » 02/07/08, 20:16

Hello,
I do not know what to choose: I had thought of photovoltaic panels to produce electricity but some people tell me that it would be better to invest in a heat pump
Knowing that I live in the oise, what do you think?
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 02/07/08, 20:23

And why not solar thermal panels. Cheaper more efficient and better suited to heating (except if you don't have central heating? ...)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/07/08, 20:27

You have to do your calculations ... Do you want to make money? Do you just want to warm up?

I would tell you that you can make part of your roof in solar thermal, another in PV, and that this is not incompatible with an extra with a small heat pump or a wood fireplace ...

For the encryption of kWh that you can produce in PV, you can follow this method
http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_francais ... t_CO2.html
adapted to your hypotheses ...

The kWh in integrated PV is resold 55 cts Euros TTC over 20 years
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/08, 20:48

nonoLeRobot wrote:And why not solar thermal panels. Cheaper more efficient and better suited to heating (except if you don't have central heating? ...)

+1 although a heat pump powered by solar PV panels can be nice (if it was not overcharged) ...
0 x
jilow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jilow » 03/07/08, 08:53

With a location that could not be worse and a house that is absolutely not facing due south, I wonder if it's worth it

I don't know if we can say that I plan to make a profit, I just want to amortize the installation over several years and cover my needs

A heat pump on PV is overtaxed ??
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/07/08, 09:04

What is the slope of your roof in ° and the orientation ... Shadows?

The CAP is independent of the PV. PV production is fed back into the EDF network via a separate meter.

The heat pump rotates with the current drawn by the house on a conventional consumption meter.

Furthermore, a heat pump consumes a lot. So you will always pay something. While 10 or 20 m² of PV are productive and can partially or totally absorb (in terms of energy balance) the consumption of the heat pump, or even better.
0 x
jilow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jilow » 03/07/08, 09:59

Roof oriented south west at 90 ° without shade

I understand that a single heat pump consumes, but coupled with PV, Christophe seems to say that it is overcharged?
If I do the 2: PV and a PAC coupled on it, does it play on the tax credit?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/07/08, 10:08

Jilow, I'm explaining ...

In my opinion the tax credit is open for all heating / renewable production installations, including heat pumps. Be careful with rate et ceilings depending on the equipment installed ... Look specifically at taxation.

On the technical side:
- your photovoltaic installation will reinject all of its production on the EDF network via a meter, each kWh of this meter will bring you 55 cts Euros
- your heat pump will be connected to your current consumption meter, each kWh of this meter of consumption is at the national rate, about 10 cts Euros.

For production, I have to look ... what is the slope of your roof? 90 °, is it a wall rather than a roof? :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/08, 10:34

jilow wrote:With a location that could not be worse and a house that is absolutely not facing due south, I wonder if it's worth it

Well whether it is thermal or PV the case is the same, it is even worse with PV which, for a good yield, must normally "track" the course of the sun.

jilow wrote:A heat pump on PV is overtaxed ??

No, but both tend to be overcharged ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/07/08, 10:35

Well, I looked ... The optimal (factor 1) in the Oise receives 1200 kWh / m² / year solar, but ...
- the overall PV yield is 11%
- your orientation is unfavorable: factor 0,55

So you will produce 72,6 KWh / m² / year

If you put 20 m² of panel, it costs in the 20000 Euros including all taxes. But you can have 50% tax credit. (depending on number of shares ...)

So the installation would cost 10 Euros.
For revenues of 72,6 kWh / m² / year x 20 m² x 0.55 Euro / kWh = 798 Euros.

Return on investment 12,5 years. Your orientation penalizes you strongly ...

In heating, if your pump has a COP of 4, this will bring you 72,6 x 20 x 4 = 5808 kWh per year (by sucking up for the heat pump on the EDF network what the PV injects into it annually)

Or the equivalent of 580 L of fuel. (about 10 kWh / L)

This is why in my opinion, you have to find a balance in your project between a little thermal solar, a little photovoltaic, and a backup (a heat pump or a wood fireplace).

I now advise against fuel or gas for obvious reasons ... It is not always easy to find wood in town. On the other hand, electricity in France is rather cheap ...
0 x