Hydroelectric turbine and ram pump

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
GREGNENE
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Hydroelectric turbine and ram pump

by GREGNENE » 27/09/06, 22:33

I found on the site gentle energy pumps that will produce electricity (hydroelectric turbine). For this it will require a drop of at least 15 m a flow of at least 750 to 900 liters minutes and a pipe of at least 125 to 250. I said to myself by installing a tank in height with 15 m lower my turbine producing electricity and at the output a ram pump which can raise the water to the reservoir I will then have a closed water circuit producing electricity. What do you think is achievable or not
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/09/06, 22:41

If there is no watercourse, and it is in a closed circuit, NOT.
There are losses in the turbine (lower efficiency).
A ram pump, to raise a little water, needs the passage of a lot of water, to accomplish this action.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 27/09/06, 23:18

Hello
Non gégne
if you do electricity install yourself over the high flow the yield will be better than taking the high flow to raise a small% of water at the top which will not develop a lot of energy, unless you want to make a artificial lake above a hydraulic accumulator and ocassionally empty it but it takes a long time to fill with a ram, not counting leaks and evaporation.

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydroelectric turbine and ram pump

by Woodcutter » 28/09/06, 16:14

GREGNENE wrote:I found on the site gentle energy pumps that will produce electricity (hydroelectric turbine). For this it will require a drop of at least 15 m a flow of at least 750 to 900 liters minutes and a pipe of at least 125 to 250. I said to myself by installing a tank in height with 15 m lower my turbine producing electricity and at the output a ram pump which can raise the water to the reservoir I will then have a closed water circuit producing electricity. What do you think is achievable or not
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/09/06, 23:15

My grandfather's farm had running water thanks to a ram fed by a spring. Only 1/3 of the source flow was channeled into the reservoir built above the farm 300m from the source. It was the standard ram output ... :|
It is only a basic mechanism, obeying the laws of mechanics ... :?
0 x
Other

by Other » 29/09/06, 03:49

Hello

The ram pump is an old invention that dates back to the time of the Montgolfiers brothers, the flow rate is directly linked to the height that we want to pump water, (like most pumps for that matter)
I believe that in the 18th century it was also made another variant of the ram more efficient with less drop in the ram.

Andre
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/09/06, 10:51

I had thought, some time ago, of a roughly equivalent concept. Here is a diagram of the thing:

It should of course
  • consider a filling system in one of the basins to compensate for losses due to leaks and evaporation
  • find a generator (in red on the diagram) not requiring very large flows
but other than that, I don't see why it wouldn't work ...

Can you explain to me where this mess goes, this concept?
What have I not seen that makes the system unrealistic or impracticable?
1 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 29/09/06, 11:14

Targol wrote:but other than that, I don't see why it wouldn't work ...
Can you explain to me where this mess goes, this concept?
What have I not seen that makes the system unrealistic or impracticable?
Are you a moderator? Or is it wrong? : Lol:
Your bright ideas should be in the “perpetual motion” section, if disparaged…
Your plan, strictly speaking, is indeed the primary idea of ​​GREGNENE. There are no streams that would feed the rams.
Also simplistic, there is the electric generator, turning thanks to the downward current of water, feeding an electric pump going up the water in the tank!…
Nothing is perfect in mechanics! the yields are not 100% or 120%…
The generator will produce less electrical energy than it receives potential energy, the water pump, will give less potential energy than it will receive in electrical energy ...
Review of : Arrowd:: your closed circuit cannot turn.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/09/06, 11:26

gegyx wrote:The generator will produce less electrical energy than it receives potential energy, the water pump, will give less potential energy than it will receive in electrical energy ...
Review of : Arrowd:: your closed circuit cannot turn.

This would be true if the ram pump was electric. However, it is not the case.
The ram pump does not use electricity.

I am a little neutral, but not to the point of imagining transformations of energies from potential to electric and vice versa which are superunitary.
It's always nice to realize that people take you for a quiche : Cry: : Lol:

In short, to be more serious, look at this page for an explanation of the operating principle of this type of pump: http://www.walton.fr/fr/cadrebelierprefr.htm

Then tell me your opinion on "where is the catch with this solution?"
1 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 29/09/06, 11:34

gegyx wrote:If there is no watercourse, and it is in a closed circuit, NOT.
There are losses in the turbine (lower efficiency).
A ram pump, to raise a little water, needs the passage of a lot of water, to accomplish this action.

In your link there is a stream ... which releases much more water than it goes up, from where the ram gets its energy.
Quiche is good too!
0 x