Renewable multi-energy system

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Renewable multi-energy system

by gentil33 » 27/01/12, 15:18

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/01/12, 15:25

To achieve, at least a part, but then a very big job to optimize everything, probably with a Stirling or turbine, different and adapted to each function.
It lacks the recovery of calories stored underground to heat the greenhouse to 15 ° C or a house to 20 ° C in winter and not that the Stirling, itself much more complex, because at 200 to 300 ° C for good performance .
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

job

by gentil33 » 27/01/12, 15:40

I know it's a huge project.

My concern is the efficient clutch system between the wind turbine and the stirling for the alternator.

From what I have read, we can afford to operate the stirling at low temperature provided you use the lightest possible gas (hydrogen) super square cylinders (large diameter small stroke) and a stirling double effect.

I see this system big enough for example to feed a village in a rural environment.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/01/12, 17:30

For a village, given the high powers required, it is necessary to separate the functions, wind turbine with its independent alternator from that with heat, which will probably be a more efficient turbine, etc.
Each powerful device represents a big work of development and therefore it is better to use what exists industrially, instead of reinventing everything, with almost certainty of errors.

So for what does not exist industrially (heat storage), try on a small scale so as not to waste your money, before ramping up.
It is necessary to have a precise idea of ​​the geology of the soils of this village.

Stirling is not the only solution for small temperature differences, see past tests.

For 300 ° C, parabola or heat of wood or bio gas, the Stirling or the turbine are ready and to buy, if not, it is to reinvent what exists, and then it is advisable to have a very great experience on the question.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 27/01/12, 20:12

The system is only interested in electricity production. But stirling does not use all the heat provided, it would be good to add a recovery of the waste heat to heat the house or the greenhouse.
I would really like to know the electrical production required outside heating in France.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: work

by chatelot16 » 28/01/12, 00:37

gentil33 wrote:My concern is the efficient clutch system between the wind turbine and the stirling for the alternator.

you are looking for a problem or there is none!

a clutch is perfect and never has poor performance

what's more worrisome is that you don't see the problem with more serious design flaws

a long time ago we made a factory with a big motor in a corner and tad of propeller shaft to make turn all the machine ... since we realized that the well placed electric motor are cheaper less complicated than mechanical transmission

for the alternator it is the same thing: it is not the most expensive part: without interest to complicate things to put different engine on the same alternator

each engine, wind turbine, stirling, steam must have its alternator well studied for him

this is the whole point of an electrical network: pooling all the energy

there is all kind of machine to invent to exploit certain energy, but useless to make a big complicated project of it: each machine which can make electricity can be developed independently of those which consumes it

the naivety of your energy project puts a lot of doubt on the rest of the site
0 x