Stirling engine at home

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Stirling engine at home

by vinzman » 17/01/10, 18:08

Hello everybody

I wondered watching stirling engines, if manufacturers had already successfully coupled their boiler or another to a Stirling engine?
Are these engines are developed into residential uses?
Do you know a reliable manufacturer making robust and do what I could install a home on my oil furnace and does it work well?
What are the weak points of the sterling motors? How often do I need to change parts on it?

Meanwhile, here's the video of a self-build beautiful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9oQeq54 ... re=related
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

boiler + stirling

by oli 80 » 17/01/10, 18:24

hello, here is a subject that already deals with this idea

https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteurs-st ... t5703.html

if it works with pellet boilers (chips) it should also work with other types of boilers
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 17/01/10, 20:51

Thanks Oli80!

if it works with pellet boilers (chips) it should also work with other types of boilers

yes, but Sterling cogeneration boilers have not yet been marketed.
I wanted to see if anyone had any concrete examples of people who have this in their home.
All we can see for now are prototypes.
So far, I haven't seen anything like a "ready-made system that you can put at home" and so I think I concentrate my energies on the steam to run an alternator.
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 18/01/10, 05:40

By the way, about a boiler which heats the house and which is coupled with an alternator, does anyone have a lead on which to direct me / advise in order to see what gives the final product in a house?
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 18/01/10, 08:39

Hello,

vinzman wrote:So far, I haven't seen anything like a "ready-made system that you can put at home" and so I think I concentrate my energies on the steam to run an alternator.

Of course, after careful consideration it has also become my strategy. We can move forward together if you want.
0 x
See you soon !
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 19/01/10, 06:00

no problem, I research feasibility and materials and I or you can create a new subject depending on what we find.
I understand that Chatelot16 would also be interested in this subject. I wonder if he has changed his mind and if he still thinks it can be done.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/01/10, 08:16

my preference for wood is gasifier + combustion engine, but that does not prevent me from always being passionate about steam and stirling

I have fairly precise ideas and almost the plans in my head for steam engines, boilers, stirling engines, and even a completely new principle steam turbine ...

the problem is that for a serious mechanical project it would occupy a design office large enough to obtain a result in a reasonable time: how to amortize this in an underdeveloped country where it becomes impossible to earn money by manufacturing something

I dream of a solution: design office on the internet: share the work of drawing and realization: I see amateur mechanics who do great achievements but who unfortunately do not have the theoretical bases: they do great achievements for machines poorly studied, I have serious ideas in my head and if I do not find a way to give them it will be lost ...

Are there enough enthusiasts to carry out a serious project?

how to organize to be efficient?
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/01/10, 08:49

What if we passed on https://www.econologie.com/forums/et-le-mote ... t9076.html

because chatting at the same time on 2 threads will be more difficult :-)
0 x
See you soon !
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Stirling engine at home

by the middle » 10/10/12, 07:43

vinzman wrote:Hello everybody

I wondered watching stirling engines, if manufacturers had already successfully coupled their boiler or another to a Stirling engine?
Are these engines are developed into residential uses?

Bin yes it does exist, you will find it in DIY stores:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZYVQXH7 ... =endscreen
: Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/10/12, 09:15

Not yet at bricomachin, nor bricoramage, or leroicasto at the cost of an air conditioning, however more complex.

It would be necessary to put the jap to make it an object of cheap mass consumption, like the air conditioning !!!
0 x