Anti-mole device solarization

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Anti-mole device solarization

by Matt113 » 30/06/08, 21:51

Here I have two anti mole devices at home (which works very well) but it quickly becomes expensive in the pile (4 large batteries).

If you want to have a good autonomy (about 3 months) you have to take 4 good batteries of the duracell m3 kind. We quickly arrive at 10/12 € in store for 4 batteries of this kind.

If we count it it makes 8 times 10 € per year for the two devices, which makes us a minimum of 80 € per year.

The batteries I tried but the capacity is already less than normal batteries and the lower voltage, I last about 15 days with fully charged batteries, so when it rains and we do not often put our noses out l The device often shuts down without anyone realizing it.
We realize it the next day in fact when there are two moles in the lawn : Cheesy:

My idea is to take a small solar panel (47.50 €), a regulator (32.50 €) and a battery (42.50 €), which gives us a total of 122.50 €.
Profitability in a year and a half.

The material would be that of the shop: https://www.econologie.com/shop/

The panel :

The regulator:

And the battery (the 7 Ah):

And here is a small plan quickly made under paint of the assembly:

Here is if you have ideas or criticisms.

PS: Don't tell me to buy sunscreen moles : Mrgreen:
If I do that it is first for the desire to tinker with solar and I think to add a small spot in 12V which would be connected to the battery also for barbecue evenings :D
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 01/07/08, 18:20

Okay there is not much reaction, people are all sunbathing. : Cheesy:

I'm going to order this evening.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/07/08, 18:34

Yep, it's the dead period !! And wait is that the beginning :)

Nice ad for the shop :D

I think that a simpler and less expensive assembly (anti commercial inside behavior) would be possible with soldering solar cells

Electronic components

The trick is that they could recharge the batteries that we would put in the anti moles. Indeed 2 of these cells in series = 3V = perfect for recharging 1.2d nicd or nimh batteries.

I am wrong?

Obviously there is little chance that you can feed something else with ...

It is Christine who will yell at me: we are going to sell 4 cells for 40 € instead of 120 € ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Otherwise, I say it anyway: you can take a sunscreen mole directly but it is out until August:

https://www.econologie.com/shop/anti-tau ... p-129.html
0 x
alew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alew » 01/07/08, 20:25

Or you can join us here : Arrow: https://www.econologie.com/forums/manifeste-pour-la-defense-des-taupes-t5663.html

Well the mole thing I already said my opinion the one who does not go to your house go to your neighbor it said ...

after spending money on moles that are good where they are even less ...

But if I followed your idea I would take the cells alone, because it would recharge your batteries that you already bought and in addition it comes back cheaper in the first year !, at least you can tell your friends to watch I have a nice lawn, then the: : Shock: , and then you take your weapon in your hands and you say to them: in addition it was I who made it then: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:.

It may be a good way to find a discussion during meals, but I find it totally useless.

after each are notice.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 01/07/08, 21:40

The problem with us, and it is the same for all the neighbors, is that it is not a small bundle of mole from time to time, it is 5/6 per day, yet we are surrounded by fields, there is all the space they need. But I swear it's the invasion : Cheesy:
There is a neighbor who made his lawn 2 years ago, she is completely dead, he can redo everything. He stopped counting mole packs from 80 I think : Mrgreen:

@ Christophe:

If I choose this battery system it is to have a greater autonomy, because as soon as a device stops the same day or the next day it is the catamaran, the lawn is devastated.

And I was planning to use it also for lighting for summer evenings to say to have a small light when discussions are prolonged around a good bottle : Cheesy: history to see the glass again : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Otherwise the anti moles that I work in 6 volts (4 large 1.5V batteries)

Another advantage compared to devices with built-in solar is that there is no need to remove them from the ground to mow.

Besides, I don't kill any moles, we just move them.
I will save batteries (less pollution and recycling to do), and current when I need a small light, rather than plugging in the big spot.
0 x
alew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alew » 02/07/08, 12:15

In this case then, I would be you I would take the entire solar panel but the cells is not bad if you want to do it alone ...

It must also be said that by taking the module alone you can always change it or plan an arrival for small lamps as you say.

I do not know too much advised you but keep us informed of your decision.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/08, 12:25

+1
If it's 2 * 6V ... better the 5W panel.

In any case you confirm that the anti vibration mole method works well :)
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 02/07/08, 16:42

Christophe wrote:
In any case you confirm that the anti vibration mole method works well :)

frankly i'm super happy.
I tried a lot of stuff: calcium carbide, mothballs, put dog hair, that stuff that works like the smell, but the next day the gallery is blocked and they make one right next to it :)
But never anything radical, I don't want to kill moles. That's why I took the devices and frankly apart from these times, start of the good time where I had 2/3 packets of moles, I must have been at the max since last summer 5/6 packets of moles and again it is generally when a device stops. Compared to before, every morning I woke up, I looked at the lawn I was a little disgusted to have made it.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 02/07/08, 17:37

Here order placed, I took for the moment, the panel, the battery and the regulator.

And I took Jancovici's book too to see what he said. It is well ?
0 x
alew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alew » 02/07/08, 21:48

Matt113 wrote:Here order placed, I took for the moment, the panel, the battery and the regulator.

And I took Jancovici's book too to see what he said. It is well ?

Very good thing anyway you can always evolve thereafter that's what is not bad in the two choices you had :)
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."