Draw energy from the rotation of the earth and in store

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Draw energy from the rotation of the earth and in store

by buga » 07/09/08, 23:36

I no longer know the official names ..
the pendulum of "thing", which is in a museum, and demonstrates the rotation of the earth.
some time ago, I think daniel lyonnet, my memories are confused ..
who thought of making a large concrete pendulum ..
several hundred kilos ..
suspended of course ..
and with the natural movements of this pendulum, due to the rotation of the earth, use the weak (but heavy) movements to produce electricity.
well, well ..
I don't know if it could be profitable.
BUT while asking your opinion on this feasibility,
I think of another idea ..
at the DOMESTIC scale ...
idea that I had a few years ago ...
in general, we store heat ... electricity ... which poses various problems ...
I thought of storing energy "at rest" ..
with losses obviously ..

during the production of surplus energy, whether of solar or other origin, storing it is obviously a difficulty.
especially if it is too abundant at times, such as heat or current.
a wind turbine that will turn when there is wind..not necessarily when it is needed ..
put 25 batteries ??
expensive ..
the solar oven that heats water when it is not needed ??
water that will cool ??
my idea is therefore to use the current produced, to mount a very heavy mass, on a car lift system.
this may be several tonnes, depending on the capacity.
it takes less space than a water reserve of several tonnes, for example.
and even if the energy is partially lost during the climb, in any case, energy is easily stored which can be used on demand.
this mass, on a car lift with a transformed engine, would only go up in the event of a surplus of energy produced, centimeter by centimeter ... millimeters by millimeters.
so with big losses ..
in the event of a current demand, the system reverses, and the mass, descending slowly, turns a (or better, 4, one per foot) alternator.
also large losses, but the possibility of storing ^ a lot of energy "at rest" ..
a mass of two tonnes, which rises to 1 m, and which descends slowly by rotating alternators.

what do you think ??
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/09/08, 00:00

Hi Buga,

It's an idea, it's storage of potential gravity energy.

But I fear that the stored energy is too low.

A quick calculation ... 2 Tons per 2 m gives 40 J

1 Wh = 3600 J

So this machine stores 40000/3600 = 11,11 Wh
enough to power a 20 W bulb taking 30 min.

And reasoning without loss ...

In reality, potential energy storage only works on colossal quantities of materials and high heights: this is what potential energy pumping and turbining stations (STEP) do. see http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89nerg ... ar_Pompage

For an individual, the kinetic storage would be better: a massive wheel rotating at high speed will give a much higher energy density. But it is very expensive (regulation ... special bearings ...) and almost not found !!

@+
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 08/09/08, 00:17

well remundo, here we are again ..
I'm glad that you immediately took out the calculations that amaze me about the weakness of my reasoning.
actually, a max of 20 min with losses, for 20 watt ..
does not justify the purchase of a car lift.
but my eye, just a handyman, didn't see it like that ..
Obviously, I always think of 12 volts.
it is too late at this time that I resume calculations .. but I suppose that by using 12 volt, the amount of usable energy will be greater .. ???
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/09/08, 00:39

With a battery pack the size of a freight elevator, you should store a lot more, indeed.

With that, sleep Image
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 08/09/08, 10:20

oki, oki..i have a lot of imagination, but i'm not really interested in calculations..so i respect your answers and take them into account..thanks .;
when on the pendulum (eddy ??. would my memory come back to me ??)
I do not have the impression that it can provide a big job ... except if it was the size of a semi-trailer stuffed with batteries in car lifts ???
hahahahaha ..

explanation of wikipedia, encyclopedia of which I am wary, but which is very useful ... after having found the name of the pendulum in my small head ..
"The first public demonstration dates from 1851, the pendulum being hung on the vault of the Pantheon in Paris. The interest of the pendulum imagined and carried out by Foucault, is that it highlights the rotation of the Earth by an easily reproducible local experiment and that one can also determine in a few hours, by measuring the deviation on the ground of the plane of oscillation, the latitude of the place of the experiment without any external astronomical observation.

A Foucault pendulum at the north pole. The pendulum oscillates in a fixed plane relative to the stars while below, the Earth rotates independently.
A. Animation of a Foucault pendulum which would be attached to the dome (67 meters high) of the Pantheon in Paris (latitude 48 ° north) but where the rotation of the Earth is very exaggerated. The pendulum is stretched (here 50 meters east of the center) by a cord that is burned to release it after all cable oscillation has stopped. The pendulum then goes towards the center but by gaining speed (red plume) and due to the rotation of the Earth, the Coriolis force makes deviate the initial trajectory towards the north. Going up, the pendulum loses speed and the deflection force also decreases. It therefore stops along a direction which it resumes in the other direction. The turning point of the ground path is displayed in green. On the way back the pendulum is deflected towards the south, it thus passes south of the center which is visualized in the animation by a central pole lit by the midday sun. As the Earth rotates much more slowly than in the animation, this central pole should be extremely thin and on the order of a millimeter in diameter and does not appear in the Pantheon. The pendulum stops again in the east but the direction has undergone a slight rotation towards the south. This rotation is less than the rotation of the Earth during the same period as indicated by the rotation of the shadow of the pole on the ground and is inversely proportional to the sine of the latitude. In the plane of rotation, the pendulum also oscillates on both sides, thus performing an ellipse displayed in blue. See also the animation BIl does not seem that Foucault is informed of Coriolis' work on the laws of dynamics in a non-inertial frame of reference, dating from 1832. It is therefore in a purely empirical way that he led his experiment, and only after the fact that the mechanics explained the experience by the use of Coriolis force [1].
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/09/08, 10:34

Well Buga, I let you cogitate the exploitation of the Foucaut pendulum.

Imagination and DIY can sometimes go well together : Idea:
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 08/09/08, 20:13

hahaha no thanks, remundo ..
I like to experiment, to search, but there are limits ..
when the idea, at first even seems to me too far-fetched ..
hahaha let tons turn slowly, hoping to get some force out of it..i respect the idea, but person I don't feel like I can get anything out of it, in addition to the difficulty of implementation.
by that I mean the ins and outs ... the weight, the place, the technical implications, the resistance of the materials, etc.
you have to know your limits, and here I am out of limits.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/09/08, 20:31

And if you go up in height a big big pack of batteries ... : Mrgreen:
We have the double effect, chemical storage and potential. : Lol:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 08/09/08, 20:58

nice, friends..goods ... hahaha
come on, this topic has no place, trash ... thank you.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."