Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...Search information impellers

Renewables except electric or solar thermal (see sub-forums dedicated below): wind, marine energy, water and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal ...
Spica.57
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Search information impellers

Unread Messageby Spica.57 » 27/11/05, 10:44

Hello
I have a buddy who lives in an old mill and it would restore the waterwheel to generate electricity.
Are you aware of realization of this kind?
I am also looking for sites devoted to this topic
Thank you
0 x

eric florantin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby eric florantin » 27/11/05, 14:20

Hello
I can be useful because myself I have built micro dam is it possible to send me a picture of his mill and I could be useful to him it is difficult to give him an idea without having seen his mill

Contact me by private message (MP below this message) and I will send you my mail.

I can be useful to him
A+
0 x
Spica.57
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wheels

Unread Messageby Spica.57 » 27/11/05, 14:55

Hello
As for the dam and the locks, everything is still in place.
The problem lies in the reconstruction of the wheel (everything has been dismantled and the axis has disappeared). It is necessary to calculate the angle of the blades according to the vertical difference and it is difficult to find a craftsman able to build A wheel, that's why we're looking for people who have already addressed the issue.
I will try to have a picture of the place
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby gegyx » 27/11/05, 16:21

If there was a paddlewheel before, the blades were vertical and perpendicular to the current ...
If the whole of the wheel has disappeared, for the dimensions of a blade, it is enough to make the blade, in the vertical, almost completely block the anterior masonry which has of the rest .. In small height of the blade , Take the average water level over the year.
For the radius of the wheel, if the axis support has disappeared, see what is compatible with the height of the roof. The bigger it is, the less rubbing; But the more heavy it is, the more inertia there is. If you do not like the rustic, make the blades made of aluminum or resin, it will lighten.
See if the gear system is still there; As a function of the number of revolutions per minute of the generator and the reduction ratio, this will give you the revolutions / minutes of the impeller; If nothing remains, or if it is the mechanism of a grain mill, first make the wheel in an adequate proportion: the linear mean velocity of the water stream, which will be equal to the speed Linear perimeter of the wheel in meters / second, converted into revolutions per minute according to the dimensions of the wheel; You will then calculate the reduction to turn a modern alternator more efficient.
0 x
Rpkx
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Rpkx » 02/12/05, 08:39

Hello,

You will have almost everything on the wheels of water mills by browsing this site:
http://clients.newel.net/particulier/amader/index.htm

Traces of the installation of the old wheel should help:
- hole in the masonry of the passage of the tree and support in front (low wall?)
- distance between the shaft and the bottom of the steed if wheel underneath
- height of fall if wheel above
etc.

@+
Last edited by Rpkx the 03 / 12 / 05, 00: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 02/12/05, 09:30

Rpkx wrote:Hello,

You will have almost everything on the wheels of water mills by browsing this site:

@+

Added in the directory :)
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
Spica.57
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Spica.57 » 02/12/05, 23:14

Hello,

@+

Thank you for this address, full of info, calculations, etc.
cordially
Christian
0 x