Wind energy in France and Germany: key figures

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Wind energy in France and Germany: key figures

by Christophe » 07/09/08, 22:10

Wind power development in France and Germany: key figures

Despite an opinion very favorable to the development of wind power in France, the country is lagging far behind its German neighbor. France ranks 10th in Europe by installed wind capacity (1.500MW), far behind the first that are Germany (20.000MW) and Spain (11.000MW).

German wind power benefits from fundamentally more favorable conditions: this form of energy is considered to be of public utility. In Germany, the law promoting renewable energies (or EEG law) is currently under review with a view to its amendment. German players are therefore more interested than ever in other national experiences.

Contents of this document:

1. General information on wind power in France and Germany
1.1. Wind power situation in France
1.2. Wind power situation in Germany
1.3. The "offshore" sector

2. Existing cooperation in the wind energy sector
2.1. Franco-German Coordination Office for Wind Energy (BoC)
2.2. Franco-German areas of cooperation
2.3 Other cooperation concluded by Germany

3. Conclusion - HUSUMwind Show

Download here: http://www.bulletins-electroniques.com/ ... 07_082.htm
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/09/08, 22:50

Moué, wind power ... 1500 MW peak in France ...

They must have a good laugh at Areva, they install 2 nuclear units and they produce 2000 MW constant and modular.

Well, it makes me think that wind alone is not a good approach. The only renewable approach that makes sense is to make couplings at all levels: between various forms of energy, between various geographical areas and between different time zones, etc ... You said DESERTEC ?

Finally, it will not be tomorrow the day before that will be done ... too much oil, gas, coal and uranium to burn while waiting :?
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 08/09/08, 00:38

Your data is almost 1 year old !! It dates from November 22, 2007. It is completely out of date !!

Today the installed power is between 2,5 GW and 3 GW. We are still waiting for monitoring-wind to do its job and update its listing. It hasn't been done for over 1 year. They promise that for very soon ... hopefully.

In terms of annual production, this represents a nuclear reactor, assuming of course that it runs at full capacity all year round all the time, which is far from certain! So in fact it's more than a nuclear unit.

The installed power will have doubled in less than two years. Wind power has finally started in France! And if it does not go faster, it is because the manufacturers cannot satisfy the demand within a reasonable time given the explosion of the world market.

Chris, 1 year is a long time in wind energy news in France. Sorry but this time your news is completely to the west.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/08, 01:46

Your data is almost 1 year old !! It dates from November 22, 2007. It is completely out of date !!

Today the installed power is between 2,5 GW and 3 GW. We are still waiting for monitoring-wind to do its job and update its listing. It hasn't been done for more than 1 year

Without comment my dear Rulian :)

ps: have you looked at the doc at least? I do not think that in relative it has changed that much: there are more wind turbines that are currently setting up in Germany than in France ... but you know the wind turbine and me ... I do not believe that it explodes as long as. You know better than me pkoi I say that ... on the other hand it speculates to death that's for sure ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 08/09/08, 10:33

Christophe wrote:Without comment my dear Rulian :)

ps: have you looked at the doc at least? I do not think that in relative it has changed that much: there are more wind turbines that are currently setting up in Germany than in France ... but you know the wind turbine and me ... I do not believe that it explodes as long as. You know better than me pkoi I say that ... on the other hand it speculates to death that's for sure ...

That Germany remains the largest market is a bit normal since it remains the domestic market of most manufacturers.

In the meantime, it’s not Areva that is building the equivalent of half a nuclear slice, truly clean and harmless, in one year. A word to the wise ...

As for your reluctance on wind, I will not enter here in the debate, you know anyway that I do not agree.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/08, 10:38

Rulian wrote:In the meantime, it’s not Areva that is building the equivalent of half a nuclear slice, truly clean and harmless, in one year. A word to the wise ...

When the French pay the real price of electricity, then we can talk about SUSTAINABLE development of wind power in France !!

Before that the nuclear power hold the development of wind power by the balls ... there are no other words ... and that is what bothers me fundamentally (the remark is valid for all subsidized renewable energy, I do not have nothing more against wind ...)

Then in terms of cleanliness, Germany and Denmark are among the worst on CO2 per kWh electric. However, these are 2 countries that have strongly developed wind power ... Denmark is saturated if I say no bullshit ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 08/09/08, 11:05

Christophe wrote:When the French pay the real price of electricity, then we can talk about SUSTAINABLE development of wind power in France !!

Wind power is not responsible for the undervaluation of the price of electricity. Must stop bad trials! If we paid the electricity, and especially the nuclear at the real price, and not via subsidies financed from our taxes, then I assure you that wind power would be more profitable! Furthermore, wind power has the advantage of not serving as a leitmotif for a foreign policy of the dictatorial country, militarized and contrary to the interest of the populations whose uranium or fossil resources are looted. A little moral honesty is worth a price. I'm sure that our guys who were hit in Afghanistan, they would have appreciated being told that it was to turn petro-business that they died. However, this is somewhat the case. They can say that they paid too much for their energy.

Christophe wrote:Before that the nuclear power hold the development of wind power by the balls ... there are no other words ... and that is what bothers me fundamentally (the remark is valid for all subsidized renewable energy, I do not have nothing more against wind ...)

I do not see how wind and held by nuclear interests ... It is held by the good or bad political will of the State. Like all energy. It is certainly nuclear that is most popular in France. Hopefully the wind can turn. When it comes to grants, nuke is much more so than other forms of elec. And I'm not talking about the diplomatic and human price (see above). Bad trial again. Why do you criticize the subsidies for wind or other renewable energy and not for other energies, which are also subsidized, often more. There is no unsubsidized elect in France! Is this a reason to be mad at wind power? I do not think so.

Christophe wrote:Then in terms of cleanliness, Germany and Denmark are among the worst on CO2 per kWh electric. However, these are 2 countries that have strongly developed wind power ... Denmark is saturated if I say no bullshit ...

Here we hit the heights of the wrong time. Is it the fault of wind power if Germany and Denmark were on coal / oil / gas before embarking on wind power? It is not the wind that fires the CO2 score. Tell yourself that without the wind farm, it would be even worse since instead we would have put combustion plants! Intellectual dishonesty must be stopped.

No, wind power is not the ultimate emergency buoy, but we stop rejecting it for reasons that are all more fallacious than the others.

Here I calm down.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 08/09/08, 11:06

Christophe wrote:Then in terms of cleanliness, Germany and Denmark are among the worst on CO2 per kWh electric. However, these are 2 countries that have strongly developed wind power.

Countries that use a lot of thermal power plants have an interest in developing wind power. When there is wind, they can slow down the operation of thermal power plants and thus reduce their CO2 production.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/09/08, 11:33

Cuicui wrote:[...] The countries which use a lot of thermal power stations have interest in developing wind power. When there is wind, they can slow down the operation of thermal power plants and thus reduce their CO2 production.
Well, that may be a reason for France's delay, isn't it? Not enough pretty coal-fired power plants to shut down when there is wind ... :|

Although .. Edf indicates 8.4% of 2007 electric production in fossil fuel, that represents how many potential wind turbines?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/08, 12:04

1) Rulian as soon as we talk about wind you always take everything too much to heart and you are far too partisan... Maybe you were a Dutch miller in a previous life? : Mrgreen: I don't want to get into a Nieme debate with you I just think that wind power in France right now is against sustainable development. That's all... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

2) Bucheron 8.4% ca should be easy to convert ... knowing the total annual production of Edf and taking a wind load factor of 20% (cf. https://www.econologie.com/les-facteurs- ... -3271.html )

That's done: http://www.sfen.org/fr/industrie/acteurs.htm

EDF currently operates in France a fleet of 58 pressurized water units representing an installed capacity of 62950 megawatts of electricity. Annual production is around 422 billion kilowatt hours, or approximately 77% of total gross electricity production.

We therefore have an annual national production of 422 / 0,77 = 548 billion kWh, 8.4% of which is fossil, or 46 billion kWh or 46 GWh.

With a load factor of 20%, therefore, an installed wind power of: 46 / 000 * 0.2 = 8760 GW

It's a lot but not impossible ... in 20 years ...

What is the total wind potential of France Rulian stp?
0 x