How biogas 1 m3 waste, at least, no

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Tchelovek
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How biogas 1 m3 waste, at least, no

by Tchelovek » 28/10/11, 07:32

Hello

Everything is in the question.
I have a shared garden and I would like to try the experience of a digester of 1 m3 or a little more, in order to recycle the waste and to have what, at best, to heat water, at most , sterilize jars.

Thank you in advance.

PS, I had not seen that it was my first message, I came so often to take a look, that I had the impression of having already posted messages. So hello everyone.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/11, 09:41

Hello!

Answer: it depends on the waste, here is a subject that answers the question with figures and some calculations and the m3 potential of biogas / Ton of waste: https://www.econologie.com/forums/biogaz-met ... t2338.html

Christophe wrote:Whatever the order of magnitude is: Depending on the material, between 10 and 20Kg material must be used to make the equivalent of one L of fuel oil under optimum yield conditions (bacteriology and ideal T ° conditions, agitation, ph ... etc). We quickly understand that this is not the solution that will replace the annual 2000L of a house ... unless you have 20 40 tons of biomethanisable material so a VERY large garden or a farmer friend ...

You will very probably get enough to do the "cooking" with a small digester ... but this requires almost constant attention and a maintenance in T ° ...
0 x
Tchelovek
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tchelovek » 28/10/11, 09:58

Bonjour Christophe

Super, thank you very much for the link, I knew that this subject had been raised, but my research had not been successful.

I will nevertheless think about the construction of a small garden digester.

ivan.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/11, 10:05

Great, keep us informed of your manufacturing, it will interest more than one (and you could probably have advice)
0 x
Tchelovek
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tchelovek » 28/10/11, 15:50

I will think about all this, plan, materials ... cost ...
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 28/10/11, 16:50

0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/10/11, 19:51

Drying plants very well in the summer sun (dryer with chimney solar collector) will give a very dry combustible product with a much better yield, because microbial digestion is used above all to keep bacteria alive, give off heat by living and little biogas with a deplorable yield !!!
It is the same as burning wood eaten before for years by mushrooms, there is not much left in combustion energy !!!

Drying dry in the summer sun and burning in a stove or stove afterwards is much easier to install than a sealed gasifier, in addition to the better performance in drying and burning with gasification of plants !!
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 29/10/11, 11:23

Hello,
Ok with you dedeleco, but from where it's wood,
in the case of Tchelovek, he is talking about plant waste, so I guess the vegetable plant remains outgrown with brushwood.
I do not know if it is valid to make 1 digester because before filling it.
By cons, this year I made sorghum and the canes are more than two meters, so I kept the seed which can be eaten like rice seems' it.
And the canes I crushed them for brf, but next year I will do more, and share between brf and can be either crushed or make small pieces to light the fireplace, dried in the sun.
a + claude
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/10/11, 11:42

Anything that burns when dry is suitable for a dryer with dry air (the case at 40 ° C if this air is humid at 20 ° C) and the drying is all the faster the tricks are finely divided !!
We can even take the dung of Yak or cow only fuel in the highlands of Asia, which have a very ultra dry air which dries these dung without heating !!!!
So this sentence:
Ok with you dedeleco, but from where it's wood

is not valid, because you can dry anything, not just wood, even excrement, algae which once very dry burn very well as wood.
The more it is finely divided, the faster the drying !!!
A few seconds below the mm and the drying time increases by diffusion in the mass.
He believes like the square of dimensions and therefore wood of 100mm in diameter dries more than 100x100 = 10000 times slower than this same wood of 1mm in diameter !!
So the smaller and thinner
crushed for brf

the more it dries quickly, in very dry air (more than 40 ° C), but the difficulty is that it also burns too quickly and the hearth must be fed continuously, as for granules or platelets !!
By hand, every minute !!!
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 29/10/11, 12:09

Well I may have expressed myself badly and we are talking maybe not the same thing.
Of course everything can air dry or a dryer.
You were talking about energy efficiency, so I said that when it comes to log or finely chopped wood, it is better to dry it than methanised, unlike the pumpkin tomato stalk or other garden waste, it is better put them in a methanizer, because to dry them to crush them to collect them, will certainly be more difficult than to let nature do.

When with efficiency you say 10000 times faster if in 1 mm.
Now what energy (%) of the dry wood you will use to grind it into 1 mm, moreover to dry it is necessary or a washing machine or carpet with ventilation to dry it, because if you put your log of three kilos grind into 1 mm, in a solar drier, Like that it will be in a heap which will promote decomposition more than drying, and will certainly not be 10000 times faster.
It seems to me that those who make parquet, having no time and maybe for some other reason, put the boards in giant driers to heat at 90) ° for two hours.
So the balance sheet is not great, but they sell it.
a + claude
0 x