How big with the small: the wind made

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

How big with the small: the wind made

by bernardd » 13/08/10, 23:24

Who has seen this concept, where small wind turbines have reverse directions of rotation to cancel vortices?

http://www.windpowerengineering.com/des ... st-bigger/

and for more details:

http://www.greenward-technologies.com/p ... 09_gti.pdf
0 x
See you soon !
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/08/10, 09:46

It's amazing that simple wind turbines can produce such a plume : Shock: . The article does not specify if the climatic conditions are exceptional during the photo, or if it is "common" with the creation of a microclimate not necessarily interesting downstream.

For the proposed machine, what complications ..... must see!
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 14/08/10, 09:50

Chemtrails???

:D
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 14/08/10, 10:36

Flytox wrote:It's amazing that simple wind turbines can produce such a plume : Shock: . The article does not specify if the climatic conditions are exceptional during the photo, or if it is "common" with the creation of a microclimate not necessarily interesting downstream.

Without having more details, the conditions should be just above the dew point before the wind turbine. And that the decrease in speed lowers the temperature and the pressure below the dew point behind the wind turbine?

Flytox wrote:For the proposed machine, what complications ..... must see!

No need to put everything on a single large mast: this means that several small intelligently arranged wind turbines can be as interesting or even more than a large one, because the reversals of direction neutralize the extension of turbulence. I found this because I was just wondering if anyone had studied the subject :-)
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/08/10, 11:15

in principle the wind turbine decreases the wind speed: therefore with the right weather condition there will be this condensation: this is not a problem of turbulence!

even an optimized wind turbine with 2 counter rotating propellers will do the same condensation the day the weather wants it!

when has the advantage of several propeller instead of one ... blah ... anyway there is no meter on the wind, so the performance is not the main criterion, but rather the simplicity, and I find these multiple helices very bizarre
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 14/08/10, 11:27

chatelot16 wrote:in principle the wind turbine decreases the wind speed: therefore with the right weather condition there will be this condensation: this is not a problem of turbulence!

Who said it's a turbulence problem?

I was talking about turbulence in the second part, which had no connection with the first. The reduction in turbulence has the advantage of making it possible to bring wind turbines closer together in a large field.

chatelot16 wrote:when has the advantage of several propeller instead of one ... blah ... anyway there is no meter on the wind, so the performance is not the main criterion, but rather the simplicity, and I find these multiple helices very bizarre

I was wondering for several reasons:

- small wind turbines are now much cheaper and allow progressive investment;

- the higher speed and the acceleration capacity of small wind turbines allow better efficiency, compared to the wind and compared to the generator;

- filling a space is more efficient with many small circles. As in air cooling, holes must be avoided.
0 x
See you soon !
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/08/10, 12:33

Very interesting concept bernardd.
The Hight Density Wind Farming lives up to its name!
What density of wind turbines!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 15/08/10, 21:05

Flytox wrote:It's amazing that simple wind turbines can produce such a plume : Shock: . The article does not specify if the climatic conditions are exceptional during the photo, or if it is "common" with the creation of a microclimate not necessarily interesting downstream.

It is also interesting to get on the edge of a station platform when a TGV passes (without stopping).
We feel the turbulence a good time after the TGV has passed.
The turbulence generated extends over a distance several times the length of the train. And a TGV is pretty well profiled!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 16/08/10, 10:24

bernardd wrote:- the higher speed and the acceleration capacity of small wind turbines allow better efficiency, compared to the wind and compared to the generator;

Hello,

It seemed to me precisely that the major defect of the small wind turbines was their too important speed: increase of the noise, put at half mast with relatively large winds which still make it possible to make turn the large wind turbines.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/08/10, 11:03

whatever the dimension we choose as we want the maximum wind speed: the more we want it to hold a strong wind the more we have to make solid heavy and expensive, which decreases the profitability by normal wind: it is therefore an economic choice who makes the limit

to have the maximum adaptation to variable winds, the variable step is essential: alas often to reduce the price we are content with a fixed step: it reduces even more the range of usable wind
0 x