Goodbye EdF, Areva and Total ...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Gwenved
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Goodbye EdF, Areva and Total ...

by Gwenved » 24/05/12, 18:33

Hello everybody

that's it ! I finally decided, I invested in a wind turbine for self-consumption.

in the same order, I change my 35-year-old oil boiler with a log boiler, as I have one hectare of wood on this side I will be autonomous.

For electric autonomy, I will have to learn to follow production.

taking, the assumption of an average increase in the price of energy of 5%, in 12 years the whole is profitable.
0 x
Slowly but surely
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Goodbye EdF, Areva and Total ...

by moinsdewatt » 24/05/12, 18:39

Gwenved wrote:Hello everybody

that's it ! I finally decided, I invested in a wind turbine for self-consumption.

Hello,

what power and cost for the wind turbine?

And why goodbye Total, you abandoned the car too?
0 x
Gwenved
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gwenved » 24/05/12, 18:51

it is a 900W wind turbine for around € 15000, the boiler for € 11000. Last year, I spent around € 500 on electricity and € 1000 on fuel.

at the start, the title was 'Au revoir Areva' but Christophe (?) changed it. Of course if we look in detail, I will need gasoline for the chainsaw and maybe EdF will take over if the batteries go below 30% charge and there is more wind.
0 x
Slowly but surely
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/05/12, 19:32

I like the title .... :D

Gwenved said:

I spent around 500 € of electricity and 1000 € of fuel.

It is very little. Is the house small? You live alone ? Are you never there? Are you eating cold? Your wife and your daughter left so little heat?

Anyway, tell us more.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 24/05/12, 20:06

Ola la the price of the wind turbine. : Shock:
At this price you have a lot more than 3000w peak with solar mounted in duplicate.
GTi (grid inverter) for half a day
and the other half on battery ensuring the night.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/PANNEAU-PANEL-SOLAIR ... 0598936635
It is 97 € for 80w peak.
I got mine at 99 € for 90w.

I only took 2. I need 5 for my 500W GTI (150 €).

Decreasing price on the quantity for the port.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/05/12, 20:17

i will need gas for the chainsaw

but no, you have to saw by hand, very good exercise for health, arms, and heart lungs !!!

In addition, well heated by exercise, you will be less cold and burn less wood, and avoid a lot of colds !!

It's fun to cut down by hand with a saw, a whole tree like a pine or an oak, which I did !!!

Finally, even a modern saw is a very powerful tool, compared to our ancestors with stone axes !!

Try with a stone ax, perfectly, ecological, you will measure the real difference, age of iron against age of stone !!!

As for making a fire without matches, we then measure how much our old ancestors had merit !!!
We are totally incapable of doing like them, surviving in the same ecological conditions !!!

And, we measure how completely impossible it is to go back on certain progress !!!

With a bicycle to pedal with the legs, if no wind and make the electricity necessary to light, with a saw for the arms, you will do the full exercise, arms and legs, perfect for health !!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/05/12, 21:34

Dede wrote:
And, we measure how completely impossible it is to go back on certain progress !!!

There is a contradiction in this sentence: if we are no longer able to do what our ancestors did, there is regression on our part, not progress!Image
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/05/12, 21:57

Ahmed wrote:Dede wrote:

There is a contradiction in this sentence: if we are no longer able to do what our ancestors did, there is regression on our part, not progress!Image

yes, even their brains, from our ancestors, 50000 to 30000 years ago were bigger than ours !!!
Even Neanderthal's brain was even bigger !!!!!!

Our brain has regressed at least in volume !!!

Even living as for Koh Lanta, in a very hot zone, and managing to make a fire and eat is very difficult !!!

The pogrés, is due to some geniuses, that we forget, but using their discoveries constantly, without being able to do without it, as with those who discovered fire, 400000 to a million years ago, essential to our existence, to the development of our brain, etc.

This is why I admire our collective knowledge, science and quote wikipedia a lot.
0 x
Gwenved
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gwenved » 25/05/12, 10:27

elephant wrote:It is very little. Is the house small? You live alone ? Are you never there? Are you eating cold? Your wife and your daughter left so little heat?

Anyway, tell us more.

The house is 110m² on the ground with cellar, ground floor and first floor. The first years we had almost € 1700 of fuel oil but in the meantime we put a temperature regulator set at 18.5 °, we changed the windows for double glazing, re-insulated the attic with cellulose wadding.
Before in the attic, we had two layers of glass wool 5 or 7.5 cm thick but the strips were torn and disjointed: we could see the red bricks !! In the crawlers, the glass wool was pressed against the battens, so there were drafts against the walls of the rooms !! Now everything is stuffed with cellulose wadding and 35 cm in the attic.
Level temperature and consumption, we saw the difference, the regulator is in a room upstairs and to have 18.5 ° the ground floor was at 21 °, now we have just 18 ° (we keep the sweater and it's Well ).

I live with my wife and my 2 little guys (4 and 6 years old) without any concern for comfort.
0 x
Slowly but surely
Gwenved
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gwenved » 25/05/12, 10:36

plasmanu wrote:Ola la the price of the wind turbine. : Shock:
At this price you have a lot more than 3000w peak with solar mounted in duplicate.
GTi (grid inverter) for half a day
and the other half on battery ensuring the night.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/PANNEAU-PANEL-SOLAIR ... 0598936635
It is 97 € for 80w peak.
I got mine at 99 € for 90w.

I only took 2. I need 5 for my 500W GTI (150 €).

Decreasing price on the quantity for the port.

The price of the wind turbine is with installation and complete renovation of the electrical installation which dates from 1977. There are 3 tables of fuses. The boiler, washing machine, dryer and a room are on the same fuse. I did not find the connection to the earth ...

For photovoltaic panels, the house is oriented at 150 ° (facing south with 30 ° to the east) with square fireplaces and shutters. I had several contacts to see the feasibility and apparently it would not be profitable enough ...
0 x
Slowly but surely

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."