Electronuclear flexibility (excluding subject wind)

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electronuclear flexibility (not subject to wind power)

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 12:48

Remundo wrote:
Desertec, mainly carried by Germany via the DLR (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft und Raumfahrt + Siemens + Deutsche Bank not exhaustively), failed, so they do not have renewable energies to keep their promise, even if they did great efforts on their transition.

Ah no, not Desertec's abortion as an explanation for the failure to reach the objectives, please!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 13:36

I am very satisfied if it bothers you. I have no mercy!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 13:53

Remundo wrote:I am very satisfied if it bothers you. I have no mercy!

Oh it doesn't bother me, this concept was doomed to failure and I wrote it (a long time ago) on others forums, at the time of the Flamboyant Desertec.

I have nothing against the basic concept (Desertec strictly speaking), but its industrial translation (DII, Desertec Industrial Initiative) was inevitably doomed to failure.

Before thinking of crossing the Mediterranean, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland with high voltage lines, our neighbors would first have to manage to make a few thousand km of HV line on their own territory .....
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/18, 14:04

For my part, I raised the issue of serious ignorance of the environment that is the Sahara. People live there. According to an extremely extensive system of "collection" of low biomass by ruminants (goats, camels) ... But a system. I saw in this project a new form of colonialism [whether in the name of ecology or of a religion, expropriating a population of one of its resources is never defensible]. We must be able to find this on econology.

And so, socio-politically, it was, for me, a reverie of stupid engineers, I say stupid engineers in the sense that they see no further than the end of their technological passion [if you will, that is is in the same vein as the stupid agros who thought they could solve hunger in Africa with tractors and combine harvesters! In 1980, near Djenné (Mali), I took the photo of a Ferguson corpse - those legendary gray tractors from the 70s - silted up on the outskirts of the city, monument to the bullshit of "obtuse scientists" - from my point of view].
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 14:25

Did67 wrote:For my part, I raised the issue of serious ignorance of the environment that is the Sahara. People live there. According to an extremely extensive system of "collection" of low biomass by ruminants (goats, camels) ... But a system. I saw in this project a new form of colonialism [whether in the name of ecology or of a religion, expropriating a population of one of its resources is never defensible]. We must be able to find this on econology.

And so, socio-politically, it was, for me, a reverie of stupid engineers, I say stupid engineers in the sense that they see no further than the end of their technological passion [if you will, that is is in the same vein as the stupid agros who thought they could solve hunger in Africa with tractors and combine harvesters! In 1980, near Djenné (Mali), I took the photo of a Ferguson corpse - those legendary gray tractors from the 70s - silted up on the outskirts of the city, monument to the bullshit of "obtuse scientists" - from my point of view].

Yes, but I don't even want to talk about that, or the geopolitical risks that have unfortunately come to light since then.

It was just technically and economically stupid. Just a way for German sponsors (industrialists, bankers cited by Remundo) to deploy German technology and capital in these countries.

Desertec, to feed North Africa, or even part of sub-Saharan Africa, may one day make sense. To supply Munich or Dusseldorf, none, it was just a vague pretext.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/18, 14:38

Well, I do not find it anecdotal at all that roughly the same "righteous ecologists" are opposed to the dams in Amazonia or among the Himba in Namibia, but dream of Désertec ... These inconsistencies make me pessimistic about the capacity of human beings to make reasonable use of their reasoning skills ...

And as long as that is not resolved we will continue to make bullshit in the name of the best ideas ...

[edit: correction of typos without changing the text]
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 15:00

Did67 wrote:Well, I don't find it anecdotal at all ....

I didn't say it was anecdotal, I said I didn't even want to talk about it, as well as geopolitical risks ...

There is no industrial project that does not have advantages but also disadvantages, particularly in terms of its impact on the environment in the broad sense.

But when it's messy without even having to discuss its drawbacks, you might as well stop right away!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 15:18

the people who reason badly, it is those on the one hand who are surprised (and sneer?) that the Germans fail to keep their CO2 reduction commitment, and on the other hand who block (or villipendent behind a keyboard? ) the key projects to achieve this.

I would not want to be too brittle, but putting mirrors or PV in the desert is not likely to have much impact on the production of cacti and the pseudo-breeding of skinny camels ... neocolonialism? Perhaps true neocolonialism will be a migratory wave (tsunami?) If the populations in their country of origin are not stabilized by a minimum of co-development.

Afterwards I think that Desertec should have become (and even started with) a Eurotrec because of the geopolitical instabilities in Africa. But basically nobody really gets along, even in Europe, so let's continue the fissile-fossil bullshit and long live the philosophy on forums. I've been watching all of this for over 10 years now.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 15:29

But who here was surprised or sneered?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 15:30

the nucleus?
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."