Wind turbine, size and building permit

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

Wind turbine, size and building permit

by nonoLeRobot » 27/12/05, 18:46

Hello,

I would like to know (for my father) the maximum size of a wind turbine without a building permit.

The approximate cost of a wind turbine to connect to EDF (possibly resell) the power that the wind turbine of maximum size without a building permit can produce with everything (the system generating the 220 / 400V 50Hz ....)

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/12/05, 21:35

In bulk:
1) without a license I think it's 15 m (or 5 m I have a doubt now ...)
2) installation cost of the wind turbine (all inclusive but without MT connection to EDF): 1000 to 4000 € installed kw

Attention this is valid for wind turbines "classic kw in hand" and not tinkered! The cost can of course fall by knowing how to tinker a little (see site mini eoles in the directory) but I doubt that EdF bought the current installation "non-compliant" ... then in general EdF does not buy if easily the current of individuals ... prefer to buy it back to their subsidiaries!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/12/05, 18:13

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/05, 14:37

gegyx you're completely out of the subject!

The wind turbines in your drawing are high power wind turbines (I believe :) )

Then if father noel existed it would be : Lol:

To return to the subject, here is an interesting article from libé: http://www.liberation.fr/page.php?Article=343675

I quote: "Laurent had to hang on: first step, the building permit mandatory if the mast exceeds 12 meters." So I was not so far ... 12 m is already pretty good ... with 5 blades m diameter we exceed the 15 m

Everything is well summed up: "The soaring price of crude gives wings to the small wind, many dream of acquiring their energy autonomy: electricity or hot water free.But this market stammering requires a lot of energy and obstinacy of the part of individuals who have only a vague idea of ​​the obstacle course to cross. "
0 x
Valorous
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Valorous » 05/01/06, 12:33

The permit is mandatory if the axis of the wind turbine is more than 12m from the ground.

The cost of a small wind turbine is of the order of 4 € per Watt (or 4000 € per kW).

There are no (yet) approved inverters for small wind turbines, so resale to EDF is almost impossible.

Since the wind blows mostly in winter, a wind turbine would be an excellent source of energy to power its geothermal system, with energy storage in a large hot water tank.

Valorous
0 x
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Forumecolo » 05/01/06, 21:11

Hello everyone ...
This is a subject that interests me greatly, I would like to know everything from A to Z for a personal wind turbine ...
Who can provide us at the material level? how much would the facilities for the site cost? What does it take to store the energy gained? can we build it anywhere?
In fact, I do not have a small home yet but I would love to see a wind turbine in my garden tour and tell me that my electricity comes from this machine ...

Thank you ...

@ soon
: Wink:
0 x
beast
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by beast » 05/02/07, 19:05

I just got a quote for a nominal 3kw wind turbine (mat 9 m)

doubling the basic storage for an annual production of about 8000Kw.h per year (about half of my consumption). I arrive at a cost of 18000 euros.
with the tax credit I estimate twenty years the profitability of this facility.

I do not know if storage is a good solution (pollution, volume, battery life)

I was told about resale to EDF for a purchase from them.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/02/07, 00:00

bestiole wrote:[...] with the tax credit I estimate twenty years the profitability of this installation. [...]
Do you take into account an increase in the cost of energy in your simulation?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 09/02/07, 13:05

Koen wrote:The permit is mandatory if the axis of the wind turbine is more than 12m from the ground.

Valorous

Are you sure it's the axis? :D

I thought that it was the height overall in this ca I will be able to go up my mast of three meter (project eoliene blade 6m of diameter and and mast of 9m) and to pass from 9 to 12 meter for the mast and 15m out of all
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 09/02/07, 14:07

12 m is all inclusive: blade length included.
so 9 m of mast for blades of 3 m.
0 x