Wind turbine with new Nheolis blades

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Wind turbine with new Nheolis blades

by fthanron » 22/06/09, 14:51

Hello,

for those curious about wind energy, here is a site that I had not yet seen in link on econology: http://www.nheolis.com/fr/

According to the designers
"energy production performance 2 to 3 times better than that of conventional wind turbines of the same diameter"

What do you think ?

@+
0 x
Frederic
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/06/09, 15:06

nice the Fthanron link,

We will think something of it when someone buys it : Cheesy:

it seems to be a hybrid between a Savonius, a Dareius and a three-bladed ... Quite bizarre; but in terms of wind, nothing is predictable without experience.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/09, 15:12

The shape of the blades seems to me to correct a certain number of defects of conventional blades.

By playing on the 3 dimensions, we obtain equivalent blade surfaces for a much smaller diameter which limits the problem of angular speed at the blade tip.
Moreover, the indication of max wind given for the largest model (162Km / h for the 3D 100CP) seems to confirm the best resistance to strong wind (90Km at max on average for a conventional three-bladed wind turbine).

In addition, but here it is more intuitive than anything else, it seems to me that the shape of this propeller must apply less force to the hub of the rotor.

On closer inspection, it does not seem that a flag position is possible. The blades do not seem to be mobile ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 22/06/09, 16:14

Hello,

As soon as I see a new wind turbine, it's stronger than me, I take out my calculator!
For this last vintage it gives funny assertions from the manufacturer.
I would like to know if I put my finger in the eye or if the yields are what is stated in the technical notice!

http://www.nheolis.com/fr/index.php?pag ... ind-3d-100

Obelix
Last edited by Obelix the 22 / 06 / 09, 16: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 16:17

+1 but where is this notice to start? : Cheesy:

2 to 3 times more energy supposes the exploitation of low and high speed winds ... where conventional wind turbines fish ....

Otherwise it is a surunitaire wind turbine !! : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/06/09, 16:35

Anyway, it’s not worth it if they are too clever :D

conventional three-bladed wind turbines have an aeromechanical efficiency of around 40%.

And this venerable Betz says "stop" at 59% Image, so as Christophe says, they will not do 3 times better. Even on light winds, you don't get much ... :?

Now maybe does this wind turbine better withstand strong winds ? The annual productivity in kWh can then be much higher than the three blades, even if the instantaneous output is a little lower than that of a three-bladed one (which is feathered when the power is there ...Image). On the other hand, this requires having a highly windy site.

Pascal HA PHAM and Sycomoreen are on the same issues with ROBIPLAN wind turbine.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/09, 16:41

Christophe wrote:2 to 3 times more energy supposes the exploitation of low and high speed winds ... where conventional wind turbines fish ....

Otherwise it is a surunitaire wind turbine !! : Cheesy:

If you compare the power curves of this wind turbine:

and that of the "standard" wind turbine of roughly equivalent power:

You will see that the weak winds are not exploited in any of the cases.

On the other hand, the maximum speed tested in the wind tunnel for the first one is given at 45m / s (162Km / h) which greatly exceeds the 25m / s (90Km / h) commonly accepted as maximum wind speed before a standard wind turbine does puts on a curtain.

So that, if the top curves continued to the right, the "plateau" of the top one would continue at least up to 45m / s while the lower one would plunge to 0 to 25m / s (curtain blades ).

So, theoretically, the first having a greater range of use, its yield over the year is thereby increased.

Now, in practice, count the days when the wind is between 90Km / h and 162km / h .... :?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 22/06/09, 16:49

Hello,

To be more precise, calculate the power available in the swept area:
On 3D 100CP it still works (30% efficiency)
On 3D 50 it is the last eccentric find (yield 150%)
http://www.nheolis.com/fr/index.php?page=nheowind-3d-50

Some people don't even read what they write .....

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 22/06/09, 16:51

I find that the blades are huge for a rather reduced swept surface ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/09, 16:55

Obelix wrote:Hello,

To be more precise, calculate the power available in the swept area:
On 3D 100CP it still works (30% efficiency)
On 3D 50 it is the last eccentric find (yield 150%)
http://www.nheolis.com/fr/index.php?page=nheowind-3d-50

Some people don't even read what they write .....

Obelix

I think they made an unfortunate copy / paste between the 2. Indeed, between the 100CP model and the 50, the power given is the same (1800W) for diameters of 3m in one case and 1,2m in l 'other. As for the curves, they are exactly the same.

It's not really great for their credibility, that ...
0 x