Wood cogenerator and water gasifier

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Xhylit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Xhylit » 28/02/07, 22:16

Hello

1. I am contacting you because I am looking for technical information on gas generators in water with the aim of making wood cogeneration.
2. What do you think about the fact that a gas generator can supply you with gas
at. for your heating,
b. for your electricity,
vs. for your hob,
d. after compression, this same gas can be used as fuel in
your vehicle.
Do you find it interesting?
3. Is there any other biomass gasification project for small powers?
4. What are the pressures and conditions to respect to compress the gas to water? ...
thank you, all info and opinions are welcome.
0 x
fbedon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fbedon » 17/03/07, 13:45

Can you explain what you mean by:

water gasifier
et
compress gas in water?

Fred
0 x
Xhylit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Xhylit » 17/03/07, 23:02

Hello
gasifiers are systems intended to gasify organic matter rich in carbon and hydrogen. these materials can be biomass or coal. After having undergone a pyrolysis where 65% of the wood has gasified into H2 + CO + CO2, charcoal can in turn gasify. To make three ways; either with air or rather with air O2, or with CO2, or with water. Gas in water is the gas from this latter solution.
This results in a synthesis gas which is a mixture of H2, CO and CO2 and sometimes H2O depending on the quantities of product reacted.

For compression, there are compressors capable of compressing town gas for use as fuel. It should be noted that the compression energy is minimal compared to the energies in play.
Good evening
0 x
fbedon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fbedon » 18/03/07, 00:29

Bonsoir
can you tell us a little more about the reaction allowing to separate the o2 from the H2 of the water? (enthalpy equation ...)
All this with coal?
Fred
0 x
Xhylit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Xhylit » 18/03/07, 10:52

Hello
C6H9O4 = woody biomass
C6H9O4 + 2 H2O (liq) + 880 kJ => 6 CO + 6.5 H2
6 CO + 6 H2O (liq) => 6 CO2 + 6 H2
a consumption of 880 kJ to produce 12.5 H2
Or a consumption of 70 kJ / mol of H2
(see technical engineer BE 8565-9 hydrogen fuel)
A+
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 18/03/07, 11:53

it reminds me a little of the makhonine process this story of water gasifier. Except that the makhonine process involves relatively high temperatures it seems to me.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
fbedon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

gasifier

by fbedon » 18/03/07, 12:57

The reaction seems indeed interesting to produce hydrogen with coal ... it would be necessary to see the physical conditions necessary for that (pressure Temperature ...)
: Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/07, 14:03

0 x
Xhylit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Xhylit » 18/03/07, 14:08

Hello
at 600 ° C all the carbon hydrogen chains of the biomass jump at atmospheric pressure and the almost exclusive production of hydrogen is launched with the production of CO2.
This phenomenon is easily noticeable when a fire is observed at start-up.
When cold, the wood fire gives off a lot of smoke, the temperature insufficient to allow cracking of all the carbon chains releases furans and gougrons which are gaseous up to temperatures of 350 to 400 ° C. tars have long chains and are difficult to crack; it is necessary to reach more than 1000 ° c to crack them. These tars pollute the gasifier (gasifier) ​​All the quality of the gasifier depends on its ability to manage this pollutant.
As the temperature rises, we gradually arrive at 600 ° C and the fumes disappear as we approach this critical temperature. The fire becomes powerful because the H2 released becomes important (blue flame).
To increase the gasification, make sure to raise the temperature beyond 1000 ° C. Dilemma, the ashes begin to liquefy and it can be difficult to extract them from the hearth.
The makhonine process, if I understood correctly, immerses the coal in the molten iron. This technique is similar to gas bed with fluidized bed. However, It is proven that gasification is important because of the porosity of the coal (10 nm) except the iron is not fluid enough to interact in its micropores so we will prefer a gas with lower thermal inertia and more easily active even in pores.

A+
0 x
Xhylit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Xhylit » 18/03/07, 17:44

Thank you for CEA.
0 x