It's profitable, too profitable and that's the problem

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Lafleureaufusil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

It's profitable, too profitable and that's the problem

by Lafleureaufusil » 02/02/08, 21:36

Hello,

The installation of PV panels has become profitable in Wallonia, very profitable, and that is the problem!

It is economically profitable but environmentally unattractive.

Individuals are encouraged to make this investment with significant public assistance. The same public money invested in basic ERU or mobility measures would be 10 to 100 times more effective.

In addition, the financial means of the individual who invests in PV are no longer available for other priority measures such as insulation for example.

I have an article, very precise, with a calculation on economic profitability compared with the CO2 savings generated. If the moderator can explain to me how to make it available for download, it will be gladly.

The fact that we invest so massively in PV is most appealing in a country like Belgium where the absolute priority is improving energy efficiency.

It seems obvious that the Solwatt plan is more the result of political strategies than a rational approach aimed at saving energy / CO2.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 02/02/08, 22:19

The same post can be found here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/plan-solwa ... 29-20.html

so I lock this topic
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

Re: It's profitable, too profitable and that's the problem

by Christophe » 02/02/08, 22:44

Lafleureaufusil wrote:The installation of PV panels has become profitable in Wallonia, very profitable, and that is the problem!

We must not have the same notion of "profitability" ... see the reasoning in the link given by delnoram ... if you have any objections say it ...
0 x