Biogas and agriculture

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Biogas and agriculture

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 07:35

Finally, after thinking about it, I was seduced by the idea of ​​turning the biogas tractors from the municipal treatment plant and all the green waste from the farmer. Do you think this economic diagram could be interesting?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 19/01/12, 08:11

if you gave us the conditions we could answer you more easily.

Bonne journée.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

municipal autarky

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 08:28

Voila, I am carrying a project on a gold currency (https://sites.google.com/site/lafindela ... monnaie-or) capable of stemming the economic crisis. But after reflection I realized that this project can only be beneficial in a favorable context. For example, when you want to convert my gold currency into euros to buy fuel, there is a tax of 17% which severely strikes the interest of the project. It is therefore obvious that it is necessary to stay as much as possible on this currency to avoid these costs. Hence the idea, at the level of a municipality for example, to ensure that the latter is as far as possible self-sufficient. I first thought, of course, of focusing on the farmers. One of the main items of expenditure for farmers is fuel. But it turns out that the farmer produces biomass which would be a good source of biogas which, added to the biogas from the municipal wastewater treatment plant, should give me enough fuel to run the tractors and thus remove a post from dependence on the euro. Can this idea be interesting or am I too optimistic?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 19/01/12, 10:04

a quick question, how do you plan to use gas? and compress it?

I think the most interesting for you would be to run generators and recover the heat and the current.
0 x

gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

biogas tractor

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 10:20

We are starting to see a new generation of tractors running on biogas appear (www.valtra.fr/news/2619.asp).
Yes, I am aware that it is necessary to compress the gas, which costs energy, it is also in particular for that I ask myself the question of profitability.
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

small calculations

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 10:37

I have fun calculating the energy autonomy of the inhabitants of a village of 3000 inhabitants with biogas.
Suppose that each inhabitant wants to travel 20000 km per year, they each do 20000 / 365 = 54 km / day
If their car consumes 8 liters per 100 km, they therefore consume 54/100 * 8 = 4,3 liters per day
Knowing that 20 kg of organic waste is required for the equivalent of a liter of fuel, our villager must therefore produce 4.3 * 20 = 86 kg of organic matter each, including the city dweller !!
to have a safety margin let's say 100 kg of organic matter per inhabitant of the municipality.
If we have 1 farmer for 10 inhabitants, each farmer must therefore produce 100 * 10 = 1 ton of biomass per day !!! or 365 tonnes per year !!
It's still a lot!
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 19/01/12, 11:40

if your calculation is correct this represents 25 ha of miscanthus per farmer.
or 250ha for the town hall
: Shock:
0 x

gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

moral of the fable

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 11:48

Yes, well it's unrealistic.

I then ask myself the question of the multiplicity of energy sources.

Imagine a large stirling engine coupled to a large alternator. We have an excellent electricity-producing system there that needs to be supplied with heat. And for that, all means are good, from the combustion of biogas, by the combustion of various wastes and why not solar dishes. Thus, each citizen, to the extent of his means can participate in producing energy while cleaning up! fun as an idea! :)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/01/12, 12:03

to burn biogas the modified gasoline engine has better performance than stirling, is cheaper, and is already available commercially without inventing anything

consuming biogas in a fixed generator is the only simple solution

the biogas is too dirty and too corrosive to be distributed in a network or compressed

it should be cleaned perfectly and it is a real gas plant
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

stirling engine

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 12:19

Yes, but the stirling engine accepts any source of heat, and you can switch from one source to another. For example, continuously supply the motor home with solar dishes while providing heat from the combustion of residents' plant waste, etc.
In short, since we have material recycling centers, we would have an energy recycling center.
And in a scheme like that, no need to purify the biogas, we burn it right away to supply this heat-power plant
0 x