Wind self-winding bi blades

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
quebecois
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind self-winding bi blades

by quebecois » 23/06/15, 22:12

https://youtu.be/AHVhf8O54Vw

my first tests at 60% of the final size .....
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/06/15, 06:41

Well done! well done.

how does cruise control work?

Thank you 8)
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
quebecois
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by quebecois » 24/06/15, 12:14

with the rotation the blade is attracted to the outside, the spring ensures the initial position, there is a slit at an angle, the guide follows the slit and when the rotation is too high it turns on itself and it is no longer caught in the air . In the second time its takes a brake which is absent on this assembly which will activate it with the rotation to raise, I test electrical or mechanical I am not fix .... at 18 km-h it begins to regulate but it does not force down to fight the spring and its click, the guides should be on rubber to avoid clicks, without it it remains very silent versus the diameter of the blades .... In the final version, the double dimension blades are why I made this model
d try, the torque will be very high .... The average wind here is low, it must be able to turn and produce a weak wind. On the other version, the blade shaft will be made of stainless steel to ensure sliding without corrosion if there is a forgetting of lubrication ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/06/15, 13:02

automatic regulation of the pitch by centrifugal force seems simple, but very complicated to develop

I prefer an electrical control of the step: it seems more complicated, but so much easier to develop

it also gives a possibility that does not have a centrifugal system: to be able to stop easily by putting at zero incidence (not infinite)

another way of seeing: the motor that regulates the pitch only turns when the electronic thing that controls decides: so it does not wear out for nothing: therefore can tolerate a simple realization

with an automatic centrifugal thing it oscillates all the time and wears out much faster if all is not of sufficient quality
0 x
quebecois
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by quebecois » 24/06/15, 13:32

(with an automatic centrifugal thing it oscillates all the time and wears out much faster if all is not of sufficient quality)

And in addition it is a two blades, when the blade arrives at the bottom gives a stronger blow, than three blades, the mast and summary and will have to be tripled in diameter, this system offers me the advantage of damping that of the bottom .. ..And yes the mechanical tolerances are important. An advantage of electrical regulation is to be able to adjust directly without having to make tests faster for implementation.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/06/15, 20:00

Hi, thank you for your answer, but I personally think the easiest method is the "Piggott" method for clearing the blades in case of too fast wind.

The blades are not in the same axis as the fin and they are on a pivot.

PS: Quebecer friend, could you be a little bit careful about the spelling (I'm also bad) : Mrgreen:
0 x

quebecois
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by quebecois » 24/06/15, 20:22

For the method, I want to but the first idea is a wind turbine (achievable) by everyone with a minimum of tools and an availability of materials and efficient .... I think it could help people in countries under develop .... I want to do a step by step video subject for the construction .... But before I want to be sure of my shot :)
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 24/06/15, 20:29

In truth, I did not understand your regulatory system.
0 x

quebecois
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by quebecois » 24/06/15, 20:53

the weight of the blade + the rotation expels it towards the outside, the spring ensures the return at low revolution, and the rotation of the blade on its axis is ensured by two guides which slides in an angle slot, which they must be mounted on rubber. At first I wanted to use weights, but the construction was more complex even if it is not a problem for me having the machine tool available .... the main shaft is machine, but the next one will be made with a diameter pipe equal to bearings and pulleys. (mechanical tube) I can recover a bit, but with new equipment I hope to stay under $ 300 can exclude the mast for the next version, $ 600 all included.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/06/15, 10:34

Quebecois wrote:the weight of the blade + the rotation expels it outwards, the spring ensures the return at low revolution
The concern that I see with this system is that with each half-turn the effect of the weight changes direction.
When the blade is down, the force exerted is "rotation + weight - spring" while when the blade is up, it is "rotation - weight - spring".

As soon as the force due to the rotation becomes high enough (greater than "spring - weight") the blade changes orientation at each half-turn which generates a periodic thrust difference and probably vibrations.
0 x