Permanent magnet alternator for wind turbines

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Abennor
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Permanent magnet alternator for wind turbines

by Abennor » 30/11/09, 22:55

Bonjour à tous

I walk this forum for some time and finally decides to register : Mrgreen:

I got a 28V 55A alternator whose rotor looks completely dastardly ... but hey, it doesn't bother me since I wanted to get only the stator (without the housing and all the equipment) to make a permanent magnet alternator.

At the same time, I got the engine from a CD-ROM drive for small-scale testing. The rotor turns around the stator in these motors but the principle remains the same.

I saw, during my visits, that looping had produced such an alternator but I saw no info on the power produced. was that conclusive? (excuse me for digging up info)
On the published photos, we could see that the magnets were not "evenly distributed" in order to avoid cogging. BY studying the motor of the CD-Rom, I could see that the stator had 9 locations for the winding (an enneagone thank you Wiki). I therefore plan to place 10 neodymium magnets in order to make a decagon and therefore avoid cogging. Is this a good idea or did I understand anything about this somewhat obscure phenomenon for me?

To return from there to the auto alternator, I therefore plan to remanufacture a rotor to accommodate magnets as looping had done (by a machining box perhaps, it will depend on the price). The question is to know if it must be non-magnetic, I suppose so and in this case would you know a "plastic" (resin, etc ...) which will resist such use or then in aluminum?

Yep, I think I'm going to slow myself down a bit on the questions
: roll:

IN any case, well done for your forum, I learn it every day.

Ab
0 x
A problem
No solutions?
No problem ^^
----------------------------
Come to think of it, it was the first slacker who invented work.
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 01/12/09, 08:03

I do not think it should be that the support of the magnets are non-magnetic. what is necessary is to favor the closing of the field lines. according to the geometry, it is necessary to make so that the field lines cross the windings as well as possible and do not close on themselves.
I saw on the net wind generators made with good old metal brake drums.
0 x
Click my signature
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 01/12/09, 19:03

Good evening,

First, you must start by counting the number of notches on the stator, measuring its thickness, the diameter of the rotor, counting the number of poles, the clearance between the stator and the rotor.
Measure the diameter of the winding wire, the number of turns per coil.

Indeed, as Dirk rightly wrote, we can make a steel rotor and tilt the magnets and / or make a slightly uneven angular distribution to limit cogging.

A+
0 x