TPE: geothermal resources

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
shmoll

TPE: geothermal resources

by shmoll » 11/12/06, 08:45

hello, I am in 1st S and my subject of TPE is "how the man takes advantage of the geothermal phenomena" to answer on this subject one will lean on the case of iceland. Personally I take care of the hydrogen cars circulating in Iceland ..... from what I know Iceland manages to isolate hydrogen atoms without using electrolysis which produces toxic waste, but thanks to geothermal phenomena !!!
How would you do it? :D
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 11/12/06, 15:34

Hello,

I know he uses a process that uses the heat directly from the magma, but I do not know much anymore. There must be some way to break 2H2O into H2 + 2O2. It's up to you to see chemistry. It may be a process using a catalyst (platinum or other?)

In your place, I would cook your physics teacher chemistry to have more details : Mrgreen:
0 x
shmoll

by shmoll » 13/12/06, 16:07

OK, thanks!
good bin I have more than harass my chemistry teacher ... lol
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: TPE

by Woodcutter » 13/12/06, 18:05

shmoll wrote:[...] Personally I take care of the cars with hydrogen which circulates in Iceland .....
Ah? :?: And you found a lot? : Cheesy:

Hey, apparently someone has already worked on it ...
http://www.mission-laique.asso.fr/pedag ... 57_p63.pdf

shmoll wrote:from what i know iceland manages to isolate hydrogen atoms without using electrolysis which produces toxic waste,
And what are these toxic wastes produced by the electrolysis of water? : Shock:

I just think that Iceland uses the electrolysis of water, interesting because of the low cost of its hydroelectric and geothermal electricity ...

Hey if you want to have fun, an article rather old (no dates but I think around 2000) who was ecstatic about Iceland ... We are still far ...
http://membres.lycos.fr/malibusurf2/att ... ogene.html
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

Re: TPE

by Christophe » 14/12/06, 21:26

I already think the subject is pretty bad because sorry but the man does not draw for the moment very little profit from the geothermal resources, on the other hand he generates billions with the geological resources (mines and fossil energy) ...

shmoll wrote:How would you do it? :D

: Shock: and your French teacher he thinks of that? : Mrgreen:
0 x
shmoll

by shmoll » 10/01/07, 19:08

sorry for this gross lack of conjugation .....

So I return my TPE January 22 and I still have more than finalize the party on hydrogen cars .... And I confess I ream a little so if you still have information ...
Thank you :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/07, 19:10

0 x