Production of pellets and wood chips

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jojo30
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Production of pellets and wood chips

by jojo30 » 04/11/08, 14:56

Hello everybody

I am currently planning to create a micro-enterprise for recycling wooden pallets and various heavy packaging.
The raw material of its waste would be transformed by grinding or compacting high pressure into pellets or pellets for wood boilers. (After cleaning and deferization)
Being fully in the context of material and energy recovery, I speak directly to you.
For my feasibility study, and to verify that such a project is viable, I need as much information as possible. So, if you know where to find reliable data concerning this activity, I am interested.
Thanking you in advance.
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

wood pellet production

by bobono » 04/11/08, 18:51

http://videos.tf1.fr/video/news/0,,4147 ... gent-.html

The solution of the future give a value to our waste so that it is not waste but a raw material.

You contract with the recycling centers to collect their wood waste.

The recovery profession is supervised. It is not possible to settle down without solid training. No recuperator who wants.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 05/11/08, 11:10

It seems to me that this activity also requires a lot of investment in storage and work, machinery, labor, trucks ... I don't know if micro-enterprise is the best solution. Unless you have a very local activity, but here you are dependent on a very small number of suppliers and customers and the slightest difficulty can be fatal.

Do not hesitate to give us news of your project.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/08, 21:18

I think Christine is right, the "micro-enterprise" formula risks being unsuitable for a fairly heavy project, in particular by not allowing charges and depreciation to be passed on.

Producing shredded material to feed plate-type boilers requires inquiring about the actual and potential users as well as the suppliers currently existing, the prices charged locally ...

As for producing granules (pellets), this requires a much more considerable material: it is necessary to refine the ground product, to dry it then to press it, etc ... It seems to me delicate and very adventurous if we are not completely at made the matter.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/11/08, 21:35

transforming pallets or other wood waste into chips may be possible

in pellets or pellets I don't believe in it: fine sawdust is needed: the sawmills produce this sawdust for free, the energy consumed is already justified for the operation of the sawmill

to make sawdust with pallets it will be necessary to pay in full the energy expenditure, and to risk breakage with each forgotten nail
0 x
jojo30
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jojo30 » 07/11/08, 16:23

Thank you for your answers.
To clarify my idea a little, I thought of treating the pallets by crusher (so whole with the nails as planned for). this for heavy woods.
and on the other hand, the second part of the activity will be to reprocess green waste in order to transform it into compost.
0 x