Power supply of a generator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
florantin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Power supply of a generator

by florantin » 16/03/05, 20:50

Slut,
I am currently building bio digesters in isolated rural areas to help the populations I have a question to ask is it possible to supply a generator with methane gas instead of fuel or diesel ?
Come do it?
Is there anything wrong with the generator and the environment
While hoping for help
cordially
Florantine
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 23/02/06, 16:53

hello florantine! o]

for gas yes it can be used as fuel, but for that you have to rely either on a large, very expensive engine, or adapt an engine according to the bi-carburetion technique, like LPG cars that start with petrol so that the engine is warm, then when hot switch to gas.

you must probably filter your gas so that it does not clog the engine? kind suffers etc? ...

I do not know if by injecting the gas instead of the gasoline + air mixture out of the carburetor (which is also a gas), or on the intake pipe, can it work?

otherwise you need the LPG adaptation: tank (good, the bottles work but it is not recommended, see motorhomes) + LPG regulator (good, you can use a bottle regulator but it is not recommended (...) ) but for the injectors you will have to work without a gasoline engine with electronic injection and use the electronic card of the injectors ...

what for ? roll? because the autonomy is not great, with a gas tank on board .... otherwise you need a compressor?

is it to make electricity? because the electricity yield is very low at the axis, with a heat engine ... prefer a diesel engine using oil! : the oil palms grow well in your corner! they produce 10 times + per hectare than rapeseed / sunflower from our good old europe!

but what's the point of getting around?

requests to MAtt on the forum surreal (www.surrealiste.org) he is studying the modification of lawnmower motors etc to run them on biogas (biogas kit available in canada, brigss & stratton)! there yes you can recover the force at the axis to make electricity! 12V alternator or "reversed" asynchronous motor ...

but hey what's the point of making electricity?

Strictly make hot water with the heat of the engine? ...

Jo jo ... jo .. jo!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/02/06, 19:59

I think we have to start on cogeneration:

Make domestic hot water using engine cooling (this may require a lot of modifications). The circulation of hot water will also have to be done by mechanical energy.

At the same time, electricity will have to be produced by running a generator. However, electricity production will have to be managed according to demand. This can allow the biomethane reserve to be replenished.

It would be the most ecological.
0 x