Energy ball V100 / V200: wind turbine with venturi effect

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Energy ball V100 / V200: wind turbine with venturi effect

by netshaman » 17/03/11, 14:27

A Swedish company has developed this new type of wind turbine which has the particularity of taking advantage of the venturi effect.

http://www.homeenergy.se/vindkraft.aspx
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/03/11, 15:38

Original, but the little I guess from Swedish and the figure, an airplane wing is also of the Venturi effect !!
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 17/03/11, 16:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3d9sks2 ... re=related

Google translation...

Energy ball ® V100 / V200

Special features of the sleek, completely silent energy ball design, is that both ends of the efficient, curved blades are attached to the rotor hub. The hub also contains the factory generator. As the energy ball spins, the rotor blades create a spherical shape. Mainly, the wind blows through the rotor, along the hub / axle - the complete opposite of the classic "propeller turbine".

As a result of the exceptional aerodynamics of the energy ball, creates a flow of wind through the rotor, where the first air tightens, converges, then accelerates it, like the rapids in a river. This phenomenon, known as the Venturi effect, is significantly higher than the aerodynamic efficiency can be achieved with conventional design wind turbines.

According to the Plan and Construction Law 1987: 10 energy balls are free from building permits in the independent assembly of the pole which can be folded within the property line.

Energy ball meets standard EN 61400-2: 2006 and IEC61400-11

Need more info on the Energy Ball V100 / V200?

Our contact details are below.

Tech Specs

Energy ball, much more than an accessory. Energy Ball is a family of wind turbines, with a single, five or sexbladig rotor. The rotor design allows the energy ball to start providing current even at low wind speeds of 2 m / s. The smaller wind turbine, the Energy Ball V100, has a rotor diameter of 110 cm and can be easily installed on a ceiling or mounted on a mast. Mastering is preferable. A V200 energy ball with a rotor diameter of 198 cm can handle up to around 50% of what a household needs normal household at an average annual wind speed of 7 m / s. (Estimated annual consumption for a house around 4500-5000 kWh).

Energy ball has a very weak sound. It emits minimal distracting shadows, and does not interfere with other electronic devices. Its unique and patented design of the superior efficiency of the rotor diameter.

Via an inverter supplies energy Ball energy produced directly to the electrical network of the building. This is carried out by a licensed electrician who also performs the pre-registration normally required by the network owner. If you choose to charge the batteries with the Energy Charger comes Ball instead of the UPS. Home Energy complete battery power and pricing system as desired.

Remember that strong winds are a prerequisite. It is a great advantage for the precise wind conditions were measured at the site installation is possible. tables and data from SMHI is not a reliable source of small-scale wind energy. The wind in the high density square is generally not favorable. An open space with no neighboring houses or trees increases production significantly.

Energy ball meets standard EN 61400-2: 2006 and IEC61400-11

Energy ball has a unique and patented design. It is very calm because it lacks the wing tip vortices which normally generate the "svoschande" sound of conventional wind turbines. Self-shadow is minimal and static since energy ball is almost transparent when it spins.

In front and rear mounting considerably reduces stress on the ankles. Without these factors also reduce the load on the bearings. Without mechanical gearbox brake and is maintained in principle nonexistent.

Model V100 has six blades, V200 has five blades.

Installation can be done in various ways. V100 on the pole in free position, on the roof or message on the wall. V200 on the autonomous pole or on the sheet metal roof. This newly developed plattaksfäste is specially designed for apartment buildings or office buildings of around 20 feet high. The foundation of the posts are about 2 meters deep and is an extension of the pole. They are drilled with an electric drill or buried. The blades do not require any support wire stabilizers. This simplifies installation, looks more pleasant and reduces the risk of damage and vandalism.
The messages are completely free and can be raised with the house to raise the tool or tap energy.
Normally, no concrete pouring.
An inverter / converter with appropriate fittings. An installation takes two people approximately 4-6 hours and is performed by the trained Home Energy installer, in collaboration with a local electrician or with the qualified electrician customer.

Remember that strong winds are a prerequisite. It is a great advantage for the precise wind conditions were measured at the site installation is possible. tables and data from SMHI is not a reliable source of small-scale wind energy. The wind in the high density square is generally not favorable. An open space with no neighboring houses or trees increases production significantly.

Home Energy can arrange for an argument for the general meeting of customers.

Energy consumption Ball ®

Energy Ball ® is a supplement and a supplement to other sources of energy.
V200 With an average annual wind speed of 7 m / s (reference conditions) produces around 1800 kWh / year. This represents about 35-50% of household electricity for an average household. V100 produces the equivalent of around 500 kWh / year. Both can produce many more favorable wind conditions. Via SMHI can find wind maps for their own place, but a measurement at the location of the proposed work is of course preferable. Small scale wind turbine is sensitive to surrounding trees and houses. A self-assessment at the installation site is the best basis for calculating production.
V100 is also that for example AC chargers, boat and cottage with the battery.
Charger for V200 is under development. The charger for the V100 uses to its advantage.

Note that the generator output is not the same as the instantaneous power. Generator power is the maximum power a wind turbine can produce. It is therefore important to see what a wind turbine actually produces at a given average wind speed for the place where it is to be installed. Peak power is therefore not the most important character.
Energy Ball ® also communicates to the environment for a step in the right direction on energy policy. This is equally important for the public and for businesses.

Product sheets for both models can be downloaded from the "Downloads" on the home page.

Call us if you want more information about the Ball ® V100 / V200 energy.

Our contact details are below.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/03/11, 20:38

The design is very Scandinavian. :P
From a mechanical point of view, I have some reservations about the solidity of this achievement. :?
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 21/03/11, 17:47

What reservations?
Can you tell me more?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/03/11, 18:31

The mounting at the base seems to me too light, as well as the tube which goes from the pivot to the fin.

It is a feeling that inspires me in the photo.

I fell in love with this object (and madam too), however I would like to see it up close before signing an order ...

I am quite surprised by the dimensions of the 2 models which are quite substantial (up to 2 m in diameter and 90 kg).

On the video, the drift seems to oscillate from left to right which would indicate an important flexibility of the curved tube which goes from the pivot to the drift (and which supports the generator).

We should research since when this product exists and if there are user feedback ...
:?:
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 21/03/11, 19:19

Hello,

Let's not speak much, but speak well !
A wind turbine of the same structure was available in Germany about five years ago ..... (commercial flop)

Let's talk technical:
http://www.home-energy.com/engels/ebv100technical.htm
Wind turbine of the class 100 Watts at 10m / s of wind ....
Power "intercepted" in the wind vein 0.5 d SVVV:
0.5 x 1.2 x Pi x Diam x V x V x V => 0.5x1.2x3.14159x1.1x10x10x10 => 2073 Watts
The wind turbine being given for 100 Watts its efficiency is therefore 100/2073 = 4%
Even a soapius made with old cans has better performance ......

Provided the price is the same barrel ....

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 21/03/11, 21:25

A ball lets the air slide around!

It doesn't inspire confidence either!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/03/11, 09:12

Alain G wrote:A ball lets the air slide around!
It doesn't inspire confidence either!
I think the idea of ​​the designer (with the design asset) lies there.

They call it a wind turbine with a venturi effect ... as opposed to a conventional wind turbine or soapius, with turbulent streak.
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 23/03/11, 12:25

I have documentation that the importer sent me for France.
If someone is interested I can make it available to you in this subject in the form of pdf files.
0 x