Fuel prices rise Essence and Diesel VS DGCCRF

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Fuel prices rise Essence and Diesel VS DGCCRF

by Christophe » 09/03/11, 12:23

I never really understood why the price of fuels evolve so quickly (upwards) when the crude oil increases while knowing that there is a delay of several weeks between the quotation of the crude oil and its placing on the market (4 to 8 weeks I think).

Obviously pitrouliers are based on this argument so as not to pass on the drops in crude ...

The Price and Margin Observatory will check fuel prices published on 09/03/2011 at 10:54, updated on 09/03/2011 at 10:57

PARIS - The Price and Margin Observatory will focus on fuel prices, which are currently at record levels, Secretary of State for Commerce Frédéric Lefebvre announced on Wednesday while monitoring price at a service station.

"The Observatory of margins and prices (...) will compare and control" the prices of fuel, indicated Mr. Lefebvre, during a control of the agents of the General Directorate of competition, consumption, and of the repression of fraud (DGCCRF) in a Parisian service station.

The Minister of Economy Christine Lagarde was also present.

This body will ensure "that there is no abuse in the repercussion" between the refinery prices and the prices at the pump.

"The controls are there to ensure that all the information given to consumers is transparent and verifiable," said Lefebvre, who encouraged motorists to play competition between stations.

The Price and Margin Observatory, created in 2008, was initially planned to monitor food prices.

It had to refocus on the retail prices of mass consumption products sold in supermarkets.

Ms. Lagarde meanwhile excluded any drop in taxes related to gasoline, whether the internal tax on petroleum products (TIPP) or VAT.

"On the VAT, there have been attempts in the past (...), it was of little effect, because it resulted in extremely small price reductions for, on the other hand, reductions in tax revenue for the Very strong state ", she justified.

It also encouraged consumers to practice "economical driving", in particular by moderating their speed.

Citing the example of Spain, which lowered the maximum speed of 10 km / h on motorways to limit fuel consumption, she said that this measure was not on the agenda.

"We are not considering it, nor are we ruling it out at this stage. But each individual can reduce," she said.
By AFP

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualites/1/eco ... 70310.html

As an econologist, I may be for an expensive oil, it starts to do a lot in a short time:

a) slow rise = change behavior and make alternatives competitive = YES
b) rapid rise = sinking the economy (and that's what will happen) = enriching a minority = NO

Read also: http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/151611/nos- ... r-a-letat/

Our fuels bring in 2 million a day to the State

According to the French Petroleum Institute, the state benefits greatly from the increase in fuel prices, recovering on average 2 million euros each day in tax revenue just with VAT. Explanations.

Details: https://www.econologie.com/taxation-fisc ... -3471.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/essence-re ... t5405.html
0 x
Sanson
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Rise in the prices of petrol and diesel fuels VS DGCC

by Sanson » 09/03/11, 13:25

Christophe wrote:there is a delay of several weeks between the quotation of the crude oil and its placing on the market (4 to 8 weeks I believe).
Hard to say !

I would add that if it takes a tanker a month to leave the ports of Kuwait and reach Le Havre, he can also spend a lot of time making circles in the water in the Atlantic ...

Several reasons for this:
The crude is no longer stored on land, but thanks to the boats.
The volumes are very important.

There is also a game analogous to the stock market: the constantly fluctuating prices, it is very beneficial for the oil companies to play on purchase price / sale price.

Let us not lose sight, also, of political interference in the oil ...
French politics has played a funny game for years:
- That of advancing fuel oil (advantages to automobile diesels, dirigisme towards car manufacturers to preferentially study diesel vehicles)
- That of developing a refining of essences!

France, one of the largest (and rare) refining industry is endowed with a capacity to produce gasoline strongly in surplus and a capacity to produce deficit fuel ...

So we import our (refined) fuel from northern Europe and we export our gasoline at low prices!

The markets being free, the Elf / Fina / Total companies having become private (Whereas before, they were 100% and 51% controlled by the French state) find themselves in a difficult situation in terms of adequacy with the market inside.

This imposes a readjustment of the production tool ....., while using crude oil from countries with which the state has contracted (Contracts negotiated with a lot of largesse), a country rather a supplier of petroleum crude "than a" crude oil "!!!

This situation exposed, the fact remains that the price of French refining is one of the cheapest on the planet.

And that our fuel is one of the most taxed!

So, we only take it to the real responsible, to the one who takes advantage of an increasingly expensive fuel and who is always paid in percentage ................ .......

The more expensive the fuel, the happier it will be!

We should not expect too much zeal from the DGCCRF .....
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/11, 14:24

The TIC is a tax per hectolitre reduced to 15 ° C of a fixed value (reviewed every ten days at the good will of the regions). The VAT on fuel is calculated on a taxable value of the product at the time of release for consumption.

Lybian oil only represents 16% of imports from Western Europe ... The increase in the refined at the pump is still only the result of foul speculation from large financial groups ... Our gasoline production is surplus only our enthusiasm for diesel added to the use of FD for heating very firmly anchored in the French mentality.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 16:18

https://www.econologie.com/taxation-fisc ... -3471.html

Christophe, you would have to update your pie charts, they smell old: the liter is no longer at 1,02 €! :D
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/03/11, 16:27

1) Indeed, I think prices are going up faster than they are going down.

But on an annual consumption, that would represent little compared to prices which would follow the course of crude in a "fair" way. Do not dream!

I don't have time, but we could do a simulation: a full 20 l every week (or 15 days) with: a) the price observed at the station; b) a "calculated" price if it followed the price of crude. And compare the annual total.

2) That said, it is only the tree that hides the forest: the upward trend in the prices of petroleum products has been constant since the 2000s, with two peaks (early 2008 and currently).

If these "peaks" served us as a sentinel, as "orange light"rather than a subject to complain about ???

So as for the carbon tax and some other debates here (photovoltaic), I will be charized by writing that there are not enough peaks!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 16:45

The current figures show that we have found a way to make us pay the carbon tax, without simply having it voted.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/11, 17:29

Leo Maximus wrote: https://www.econologie.com/taxation-fisc ... -3471.html

Christophe, you would have to update your pie charts, they smell old: the liter is no longer at 1,02 €! :D

Yes but the rates remain the same, so just make a rule of 3!

And then on a Camembert it is the% that we remember, right?

Did67 wrote:2) That said, it is only the tree that hides the forest: the upward trend in the prices of petroleum products has been constant since the 2000s, with two peaks (early 2008 and currently).

If these "peaks" served us as a sentinel, as "orange light"rather than a subject to complain about ???

So as for the carbon tax and some other debates here (photovoltaic), I will be charized by writing that there are not enough peaks!

Yes except that:

Christophe plus wrote:a) slow rise = change behavior and make alternatives competitive = YES
b) rapid rise = sinking the economy (and that's what will happen) = enriching a minority = NO

We are rather in the case b) right?
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 03 / 11, 17: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/03/11, 17:46

Christophe wrote:Yes but the rates remain the same, so just make a rule of 3!

Not quite since VAT is calculated as a percentage of the price excluding tax, whereas TIC is calculated on volume.

An increase in the HT price results in an increase in VAT without an increase in the TIC, therefore in a variation of the percentages.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/11, 17:56

This is very fair Gaston but as the VAT is applied ON the TIC (the latest news) there is also a share of the VAT therefore depending on the volume (independent of the price excluding tax), which nuances (a little) your flat. ..I am wrong?

But what really matters, I think is this:

a) As the 2ieme diagram shows, it is quite easy to simplify the cost of a liter of fuel in the following way:
- 6/10 of taxes therefore benefits for the State
- 2/10 of turnover for oil companies
- 2/10 of royalty therefore profits for the producing country

We have to distinguish between CA and benefits ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/03/11, 18:11

Christophe wrote:as the VAT is applied ON the TIC (with the last news) there is also a part of the VAT thus dependent on the volume (independent of the price HT),
Exact.
Christophe wrote:which nuances (a little) your flat ... Am I wrong?
I just wanted to point out that an increase in the HT price automatically translates into a change in the tax percentage since part of these taxes is not linked to the HT price.

Christophe wrote:But what really matters, I think is this:
Yes.
0 x