nuclear battery, portable small

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

nuclear battery, portable small

by Lietseu » 13/09/08, 00:15

A nuclear "battery", transportable, small!

Members of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will have the opportunity to discover a small, unique nuclear power module, developed by the American company Hyperion Power Generation (HPG **) and which will be presented by its CEO at the 52nd Annual IAEA Conference in Vienna, Austria (September 29 to October 3).

"We are delighted with this opportunity at the IAEA," said Mr. Deal, the CEO of the company.

“The Hyperion Power Module was originally designed to provide clean, economical power to remote industrial applications such as oil sands operations.

To date, all those who need reliable electricity for isolated communities or facing supply difficulties have expressed considerable interest. In fact, our first sales commitments come from companies that are building versatile developments in Europe.

This is a good thing because the HPM (Hyperion Power Module), which meets all the non-proliferation criteria of the Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP), is a great solution for any site. Bringing together the simple concepts of the world's drive reactors that have been operating for decades, the HPM helps deliver safe, continuous, clean, and emission-free power for a fraction of the human oversight and financial investment required for nuclear power plants. conventional. "

The license for the intellectual property portfolio of HPM, designed at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, was granted to Hyperion Power Generation for commercialization as part of the laboratory's technology transfer program.

According to HPG, "HPM uses energy from low-enriched uranium fuel, a material deemed to be essentially safe and anti-proliferation."

Each unit would be able to produce between 70 MWt or 27 MWe when connected to a steam turbine, which is enough to supply electricity to 20 average American households or their industrial equivalent.

It is expected that three factories worldwide will produce 4 units of the first design.

** The HPG exhibit is part of a civilian nuclear industry promotion sponsored by the United States Department of Commerce, State and Energy to provide information on new nuclear solutions and technologies to nuclear countries established and developing.

src.enizrenE Mail from: 11/09/2008

The question I ask myself is: when do they make us a model which consumes the radioactivity of the air or of the water of the spring which flows behind the grandmother who crèche 500m from the "Tricastingg" "as a southerner would say, although I am more inclined towards the" poisoners shop " : Evil:

If they still had the idea of ​​using it for "clean" things, but no, it's still to pollute Alaska a little more, that these crazy people are going to build this, or for the military ...

Ali santei Image
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
baptis1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

capacitor, the future of the battery ...

by baptis1 » 13/09/08, 12:41

I just pass to leave a link, very interesting on the carbon nanotubes in superconductivity ...
http://www.wat.tv/video/supraconducteur ... odjc_.html
we already see the applications on phone style batteries to store more electrons, but in capacitor, it's quite different ...
good reading
I can snoop around on the net, I can't find a follow-up to this story, either it is too huge and destabilizing for our dear companies which hold the economy or it is bluff, but I doubt ...
if anyone has info on that, i mean capacitor in superconductivity
thanks bye
0 x
baptis1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

electricity storage

by baptis1 » 13/09/08, 12:52

continuation and end
I make a mistake by saying condenser, it is rather ring of electron storage in superconductivity,
especially pass this link, it also relates to the voltaic, the wind, etc ...
http://www.wat.tv/video/supraconducteur ... odjc_.html
bye
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/09/08, 16:25

It is very interesting this link baptized1 but do you know who speaks? it sounds like Jancovici's voice.
Do you know when it dates?
Too bad we don't hear all of it.

I think it SHOULD be the subject of a new topic, you 'occupy baptis1?

For those who have not listened, and for Remundo that it might interest in connection with Desertec, it is, via a superconductivity maintained at a relatively low temperature (produced by Peltier elements), to store electricity produced everywhere in reels transportable everywhere, a storage reel of 1 m in diameter being able to be enough to supply sufficient electricity to a city for 4 days for example.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 13/09/08, 18:18

Mouais .... Already seen HERE

edit:
And in addition, apparently, the high critical temperature superconductors, well it's not for now ..... > HERE
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 13/09/08, 18:49

Say aminches, I made this post so that we can debate this roulette bombinette ...

Your considerations on superconductivity date from mathusalem!
So see this: which dates from 2006! https://www.econologie.com/forums/stockage-d ... t2736.html

And are totally irrelevant…

Are you trolls?

Thank you for staying a little in the subject ...

Sympathetic Greeting from Lietseu :P :P
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/09/08, 19:01

It's good Lietseu, we're going to break! Keep calm :D

Uh what aminches :?:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 13/09/08, 19:10

bham wrote:It's good Lietseu, we're going to break! Keep calm :D

Uh what aminches :?:

Cool, man!

The aminches in argo from the 70s and in the dialogues of Michel Audiar's films are ... friends!

A + and thank you for your move :P , I'll go, see your post it's interesting :D
0 x

baptis1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by baptis1 » 13/09/08, 22:25

Hi guys
I have no info on this link, I spend a lot of time poking around on the net from link to link, moreover, this one fortunately I had passed it on to a friend, I couldn't put the hand on it, otherwise, I continue my research of info, as soon as I have something new, I share ...
the evolution which arrives with the nanotubes of carbon with the bateries for example, it is to be the extension on the anode and the cathode to store more eletron, therefore more autonomy,
the same goes for capacitors, capacities far exceeded today,
and then for the material design, the carbon nanotubes are very resistant ... large horizons open ...
It remains to be seen what all of these nanomaterials have in store for us ... not only good I think ... bye
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 14/09/08, 10:38

Reading the title I thought it was this:

http://www.dissident-media.org/infonucl ... maker.html

Not far from 1 gram of plutonium! Several curies! : Lol: Wonderful : Lol:

It should be noted that nuclear submarines like our SNA embark a mini nuclear power plant of 48 MW thermal, the volume of which is around one hundred m3.
0 x