Oil rigs and their dangers

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Oil rigs and their dangers

by the middle » 29/09/11, 09:32

Hello,
There is a lot of talk about nuclear power, but there are other energy-related activities, which are also very dangerous, I would say increasingly dangerous.
Drilling at sea is becoming more and more deep, and the number of accidents is more and more risky. (4000 meters becomes normal.)
In addition, these accidents are not reported in the press.
The sea is also our mother, finally, for many people.
The beaches in China are super polluted, this is an example.
In fact, the seas become big dumping grounds, or anything goes.
A small, and old video, which shows that the money could be used for other "cleaner" operations: platform accidents:
http://www.ina.fr/video/CAB7800264801/ecosse.fr.html
Sea pollution, in figures:
http://www.goodplanet.info/Pollutions/M ... n-des-mers
PS, I skipped the article a bit, but my goal was to focus on hidden accidents, and the high risk of drilling in extreme depths.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/09/11, 13:21

Yesterday, TV said that diesel pollution with ultra fine particles in the air kills a million people by premature death (lungs) per year on the planet. (47000 in France).
0 x
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 29/09/11, 13:48

0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/09/11, 14:10

It is much less dead than those invisible by insidious pollution in the long term everyday, just like for the dead by radioactive pollution scattered everywhere !!

Personally, also I am just beginning to realize it for petroleum and diesel, thanks to scientific studies reported on TV for example !!!
0 x