Thermolysis of water

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Aristot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Thermolysis of water

by Aristot » 17/01/07, 20:04

Bonjour à tous

I have a question regarding the separation of a water molecule into oxygen and hydrogen.
It is said that the temperature to achieve this separation is between 750 ° and 3000 °.
However when you spray water on an iron brought to red (about 1000 °) you get only steam. Why?
And so what is the exact process used by industrialists to achieve this separation?
Does the heat source have to be other? Does the water have to be in another form (wet steam, dry steam, cold steam ...)?
Thank you for your explanation for a neophyte of molecular chemistry and the thermolysis process of water.
0 x
1g experience is often worth more than 100 Kg theory
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/07, 21:27

Hello,

I don't think there is ONLY water vapor ... the proof Lavoisier himself used Thermolysis at low T ° to discover hydrogen ...

See here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/fonctionne ... t1069.html
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"