EPR: the future Chernobyl?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

EPR: the future Chernobyl?

by denis » 15/04/06, 21:26

big demo against the new EPR plant in the sleeve, this new machine produces more, with more security to produce less waste ..., we will believe it !! : Cheesy: .About Chernobyl: Sunday at 22:50 p.m. on M6, also on F5 21:45 p.m. for those who are chained. FYI, following the events, in the breeding (Charolais beef cow) of my parents in the winter 86/87 10% birth defect !! it will be said that it is just a coincidence :x .I would like to know if other observations have been made, notably in the mat. . It is true that the period of April is the time of reproduction of the animals and that they ate contaminated grass in large quantities, we were salads, mushrooms !! if we had known ... in the Grenoble region we received! but at the time it seems that we feared nothing !!. I still did not understand the interest of deceiving citizens by contaminating them: crowd movement? surely not! (there was nowhere to go) on the other hand, we would have avoided consuming risky foods : Arrow: fall of the walk? yet to see what "they" do with bird flu ... we may know more on Sunday evening.
0 x
jkg
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jkg » 15/04/06, 21:36

Hello,

One day a resident of the surroundings of Marseille told me that ala Gendarmerie had installed an alarm for them, they disconnected it because it rang all the time : Shock:
My parents have their first "big" deformity this winter.

For the EPR, it is a car with ABS. It is a normal PWR reactor except that it has a molten core recuperator.

We should jump to generation IV. (Resumption of the old concept)

@+
0 x
The earth is not ours we borrow it to our children
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

EPR: future "chernobyl"?

by denis » 15/04/06, 23:09

we saw the superphenix, an economic disaster, it had to be the future .... And what about this plant in the north of France planned for a lifespan of 20 years, which celebrates these 30 years of activity! ! :!: : Shock: everything is planned, even suicide planes. : Cry:
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Future "Chernobyl"?

by bojourvous5094 » 16/04/06, 00:03

"Denis"

I would like to know if other comments have been made ...

________

Our equipment in CANADA:

Every CANDU reactor emits large quantities of radioactive hydrogen into air and water. This radioactive hydrogen, or "Tritium" can be easily incorporated into water molecules, whether in the form of liquid or vapor. The surrounding population of a nuclear power plant, those living in downwind or downstream regions, as well as consumers of local agricultural products (including milk and meat), all absorb tritium in their bodies. In short, to expose yourself to tritium you just have to breathe contaminated air, drink contaminated milk or water, eat contaminated food or absorb this substance directly through the skin. (According to Hydro-Québec, half of the tritium suspended in the air absorbed by humans passes through the lungs while the other half passes directly through the skin.)

In 1990, the fifth Committee on the biological effects of ionizing radiation (BEIR-V) of the United States National Academy of Sciences published a careful analysis indicating that the Low-intensity radiation was seven to ten times more likely to cause cancer in humans than previously believed. Since then, in the light of irrefutable scientific evidence, the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) has been forced to recommend a reduction in the admissible radiation levels, both for nuclear workers and for the public. For its part, the Atomic Energy Control Board of Canada (traditionally unwilling to advocate tougher controls) is beginning to impose higher standards.
________
When it comes to safety, the burden of proof should be on the nuclear industry, not the public. :!:
_______
Article to read: http://www.ccnr.org/Nuke_Quebec_f.html
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

List of nuclear accidents

by bojourvous5094 » 16/04/06, 00:37

List of nuclear accidents
A Wikipedia article

This is a list of the main accidents involving nuclear material (see Nuclear accident). Because of government secrets, it is difficult to determine with certainty the extent of certain events listed below, or even sometimes, to be certain that they actually happened. : Shock:

SEE : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_ ... C3%A9aires
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/04/06, 00:45

Currently, we are opening rooms, schools, streets, in memory of the "great scientist", Hubert Curien, died 6 Feb 2005, to whom France owes a lot of programs.
Resistant, one of Ariane's fathers, director of CNES from 1976 to 1984 and at the same time director general of ESA, from 1979 to 1984, appointed Minister of Research, until 1986, then from 1988 to 1993. He will then direct CERN, the Fondation de France, and then the Academy of Sciences until 2003.

Jean-Pierre Raffarin, Prime Minister, "salutes the memory of the main architect of French space policy", while Laurent Fabius pays tribute to "a great research minister, a great researcher and a friend".

"His competence, his diplomacy, the success of the complex projects he was able to carry out, and his exemplary dedication to public affairs earned him, from the State, well-deserved honors .... A respected scholar of his peers , an informed research administrator, a politician respected by all… "
End of Ban!…

Yep! I especially remember, Chernobyl in 1986, when he was minister, and his awkward interventions on TV, to say more or less, that the cloud did not touch France, and that later .., pressed by questions, that in fact the clouds had only passed, without damage to the territory.
In fact, crowned with his scientific medals, he lied to the French on several occasions, and I consider that he behaved during this period, as a proven assassin ... : Evil:

The day the cloud passed over our heads, we had spent, as a family, all day outside, because the weather was very nice. There was rainfall in south-eastern France, and the soil was contaminated. For him, it was barely necessary to wash the salads of the vegetable gardens.
When it is a politician who makes these kinds of statements, we say that he is stupid, that he is not informed, that he is a politician…
When he is a great scientist, he knows the dangers that this cloud represents. He lies to the French (who even realized this), and reiterates, without warning of the risks, the precautions to be taken, the meteorology, so as not to expose himself unnecessarily ...
It is all the more serious, that he was responsible for the government, that he had scientific knowledge (therefore a potential for increased confidence), and that he deceived millions of French people.
How many sick thyroids? Cancer? Any malformations since?
This still continues, with mushrooms, and even with game that feeds on contaminated plans.
How can we have the least confidence in our leaders, when they are not fulfilling their duty to inform, at the precise moment, when we need it most ...
The argument not to panic the populations, does not hold, in view of the thousands of victims who followed.
---------
jkg / We also talked about a fire station in Corsica, where the alarm kept ringing, and where the prefect declared that there was nothing to fear.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/06, 12:21

Concrete proposal to all ANTI NUCLEAR:

Phase 1:

For each electric kwh that you pay to EdF (thanks to nuclear) 5 cts, put 15 cts of € (or more) on a savings account (in order to virtually pay the real price of a "clean" kwhe)

Phase 2:

When the amount on this account is sufficient, equip yourself with renewable energy equipment (such as domestic cogeneration with oil).

So you :

- will no longer finance (or bcp less) the nuclear power against which you are fighting so much ... (a little paradoxical as a behavior, right?) and so be at peace with your conscience.

- you will participate in the development of decentralized production solutions and thus no longer condone the abuses of a centralized system (for example: the affair of the CE of Edf)

- you will pay the "fair" price of clean energy (fuel + maintenance) of around 20 cts. This "brutal" increase in cost will have been largely attenuated, physically, by phase 1.

- you will control your pollution and consumption (depending on the oil supply you choose)

ps: Between phase 1 and 2 you can also give a small part of your savings for the development of this site : Cheesy: in exchange for giving you this great idea :?:

I would like to have the opinion of an anti nuke who "mouthed" for 20 years against EdF while funding them (+ or - handsomely ... : Mrgreen: ).

Maybe it’s time to hit where it hurts? ( wallet )

Your manif and blabla misc have never changed anything in French energy policy .... Stop funding them and they will die .... sooner or later.

Econology is also that!
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 04 / 06, 19: 31, 2 edited once.
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bojourvous5094 » 16/04/06, 18:27

"Econology"
Concrete proposal to all ANTI NUCLEAR:

- will no longer finance (or bcp less) the nuclear power against which you are fighting so much ... (a little paradoxical as a behavior, right?) and so be at peace with your conscience.

- you will participate in the development of decentralized production solutions and thus no longer condone the abuses of a centralized system (for example: the affair of the CE of Edf)

Maybe it’s time to hit where it hurts? ( wallet )

Your manif and blabla misc have never changed anything in French energy policy .... Stop funding them and they will die .... sooner or later.

I look at the subject from the outside if you want, being from Quebec ....

But I agree with "econologie". Sometimes it is necessary to take action ... It is an individual responsibility ... Stop funding them, they will have to adjust ...
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 16/04/06, 21:54

I confirm the reality of the alerts from the fire station in Corsica.

I say congratulations to Christophe's proposal is interesting, because it allows you to gradually finance your future installation. It takes determination and courage to do this kind of thing. Like taking the bike for most of its trips when it is so easy to take your car ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/06, 22:58

Who moved the subject and pkoi?

"It takes determination and courage to do this kind of thing."

And yes but above all you need COHERENCE in his ideas since this was intended for anti-nuclear retarders (for me they are only that) ...

But apparently these are two values ​​that are no longer rewarded in our current society ...

Now anyone could realize this ... (I feel that EdF is going to make us look more and more ...:D )
0 x