Ossetia: the new Chechnya of Caspian gas?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Ossetia: the new Chechnya of Caspian gas?

by Christophe » 12/08/08, 13:55

Everything is in the title and I have the impression that the media do not analyze the gravity of the situation ...it vaguely reminds me of the reasons for the war in Afghanistan or Chechnya : oil, gas and / or transportation of these energy resources ...

You would have to find the underside of the maps of the region, everything had to be very well explained ...

Here is already a very good updated article from Wikipedia: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerre_en_ ... tie_du_Sud
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 08 / 08, 14: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/08, 14:14

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/08, 16:31

I dream?

Nicolas Sarkozy, visiting Moscow: "It is normal that Russia wants to defend its interests"

He forgot: "oil interests"

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... re_se.html

Notice from a bushist you could hardly expect better ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/08/08, 17:32

The pipeline passes through Georgia, very close to but south of South Ossetia.

---

Georges W. Bush believed that the Russians were attacking someone close to him.

Then changed his mind, remembering his primary studies, he then believed that it was the state of Georgia in the US, his country.

And then when his companions explained to him (in Chinese please), he fought the eye then ...

He must have thought: "Surely Dick was the one who made another mess on Olympic day?
As if we only had that to do!
We are quite busy at the moment surrounding Iran with a naval blockade, with the help of the English and the French ...

Yeah! There is more to gain in this coup there! "
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/08/08, 17:59

Why fight? there is no more oil Rohhh
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/08, 18:09

Oh what if there is left ... and given the rising price per barrel I think converted into $ there is much more left than what has already been consumed ... which gives it much more value now than in the past!

https://www.econologie.com/l-argent-du-p ... -3297.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/08/08, 18:19

Here is a document which seems realistic to me on the world fossil reserves (it confirms my personal idea that there is still a lot of juice)
http://www.ulb.ac.be/sciences/intra/inf ... /preat.htm
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 12/08/08, 22:26

And There you go,

it's over ... or almost crazy ca.

I consulted the Iran-resist site and they announced 2 new aircraft carriers for Iran in addition to the two already present.
Considering that China is occupied and Russia too, the occasion makes the thief.

And then I wanted to check their source on middle east news and toc the site was infected in the manner of RSF ..

weird weird
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 00:31

1) Finished? I'm not so sure about:

The tone rises between Moscow and Washington

Russian Foreign Minister said Wednesday the United States should choose between Georgia and Russia
"We understand that the Georgian leadership is a special project of the United States," said Sergei Lavrov, believing that Washington should make a choice.

For his part, US President George W. Bush accused Moscow of not respecting its commitments and sent Ms. Rice to Tbilisi to show US "solidarity" with Georgia.

For his part, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili said he is counting on the Americans to take control of his country's ports and airports, according to his remarks reported on Wednesday by his spokesman, Vano Noniashvili.

The Pentagon immediately asserted that the US military did not intend to take control of Georgian ports and airports. "The role of the US military is strictly to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian assistance to the victims of this conflict."

http://info.france2.fr/monde/45556830-fr.php

2) Something else:

Yesterday I saw Sarko's press conference when he was in Georgia live.

President Saakashvili began to speak in French (very well indeed) and continued in English .... a voice therefore began to translate, I did say started because when he quickly spoke of ethnic cleansing and a war crime, nothing has been translated ... I did not understand everything but his accusations were not pretty pretty ... and seeing what happened in Chechnya I think they are founded ...

The article above says:

According to him (Saakachvili), "the Russian occupation forces continue their movements through Georgia despite the ceasefire". "The Russian troops are extremely aggressive, they are in the process of completing the ethnic cleansing of the population," he added. Georgia filed a complaint against Russia for "ethnic cleansing" with the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Tuesday.

ps: it is sarko (and France) which risks to pass for a clown in this story after having "negotiated" the "peace" yesterday ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 01:03

An interesting reaction found here: http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... pes_d.html
that the media STRONGLY neglects ...

The Russian trap or the Caucasus blockade

The problem is not ossetie nor georgie: the problem is the supply of the rest of the world with Central Asian oil. The Americans are doing everything to avoid the blockade in the Caucasus. But the big big problem is that Georgia has fallen into the Russian trap. Now the Americans, trapped in the Iraqi and Afghan quagmires, cannot seem to have the arm long enough to unravel this crisis. As for Russia, it will not withdraw without compensation. Sarkozy believes he can ask them to leave Georgia without anything in return. Worst of all is that Russia will keep the advantage because of the misdeeds of Saakashvili. If in addition we add China to the scale, it gives that the Europeans will have to jump very quickly from the American ship. Europe can still carve out a neutral position, become a third man, but given the lack of talent of our diplomats, we will have to suffer ...
It is now that we will have to pay the bill for Kosovo ...

By the way, subsidiary question: when we make an eco-balance of biofuel / petroleum: we take these costs into account? Obviously not ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"