GAS: Europe needs Russia

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

GAS: Europe needs Russia

by jean63 » 15/03/06, 09:00

Europe worries about its energy future: we will become more and more dependent on Russia:

see here
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 15/03/06, 09:14

Well apart from the resources and their weapons, they don't have "much" to sell and they need foreign currency so they will sell their resource to the highest bidder ....

We must not forget that a study made by Japan, a country poor in natural resources to show that it could still go out anyway: geothermal energy, tide etc ... so the horizon is not so blocked (summarized by international mail) ..

And for me, I always tell myself that the man, the European (the American quickly draws) is facing a mountain, this is where he is most inventive. No?
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 15/03/06, 15:12

The last time, during the (invented) oil shock of 1974, France had found the "miracle" solution = nuclear power plants, but that apparently no longer suffices, our energy independence is badly barred as long as we have leaders as void as do not want to embark on alternative solutions.

They should look around them (Japan, Germany, Sweden), but in fact I think they will make electricity with gas power stations (hence CO2 emissions) thanks to "Gaz de France- Suez "new private company (soon) and compete eDF on its own ground with its nuclear power plants. When it comes to diesel, we haven't finished seeing it on the roads (at the moment => ad for Hdi "I am the badly loved": weird this cloclo song on this ad !!).

When will we be able to drive the mini in a non-polluting hybrid?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Mike.be
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mike.be » 15/03/06, 20:09

jean63 wrote:The last time, during the (invented) oil shock of 1974, France had found the "miracle" solution = nuclear power plants, but that apparently no longer suffices, our energy independence is badly barred as long as we have leaders as void as do not want to embark on alternative solutions.

The 73 74 oil shock followed the peak in the United States which allowed OPEC to enter the geopolitical scene. I remember that the then president of OPEC Cheik Yamani demanded: transfer of technology to third world countries against oil.
Since the third world is even poorer but they are rich
As for energy independence, it is through sobriety and efficiency in the use of it as well as the use of renewable energies that we will get there. All this before there is no more oil. Do not despair, the Swedes want to achieve it in 15 years. I doubt they can do it alone, but it's a start. As far as we are concerned, I don't think we can do it with the current leaders. All in the process of stroking the voter in the direction of the hair. Business is business.

freddau wrote:And for me, I always tell myself that the man, the European (the American quickly draws) is facing a mountain, this is where he is most inventive. No?

Facing a mountain.
Totally agree with you, but how many are aware of it, most are much more worried about the job than the energy or environmental crisis
0 x