2012 rise in the price of gas in France; state interference?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

2012 rise in the price of gas in France; state interference?

by Christophe » 12/12/11, 09:35

Everything is in the title, I do not understand the legitimacy (except "shareholder legitimacy" since it remains by far the largest shareholder of GDF Suez but without having the majority, namely 35%) that the French State has in fixing the price of gas in France ... It is not the State that sets the price of oil, why should it have control over the price of gas?

- Either, if there is a state control of the price of energy, it must be on ALL energies.

- Far be it from me to overwhelm the most modest who heat with gas and who could not after 10% increase, no longer pay their gas bill (dixit journalists ... I have some doubts for the vast majority )...But the increase in the price of fossil fuels was predictable on the one hand, And on the other hand is the only method ultimately aimed at forcing savings ... in short, parsimony ! To isolate (for those who can do it), to save CO2 ...

Because there are abuses, in some low-cost housing, as energy is fixed, it is not rare to see thermostats at 25 ° C ... as long as it is "free" ... we are not careful . In electric heating, the same ...

- Controlling upward prices is a means, as for aid and subsidies (which, conversely, keeps high prices for equipment with fossil fuel savings), for the State to keep the market captive ... therefore continue to consume ... almost as before!

It is the policy of the little frog or the gradient in addition to "pro spoken": https://www.econologie.com/forums/strategie- ... 10016.html

In short the debate is launched ...

Here is an article of the day recalling the facts: http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-fin ... -a-45.html

Towards an increase in the price of gas from 4% to 4,5%

A rise in the price of gas between 4% and 4,5% "seems likely to me," said Industry Minister Éric Besson on Sunday. forum from Radio J.

"An increase of between 4% and 4,5% seems likely to me," said Minister of Industry and Energy Eric Besson on Sunday. He told Radio J: "it is subject to arbitration by the Prime Minister", stressing: "He must do it imminently." The price of gas "will reflect supply tariffs, there is no miracle". The Minister of the Economy, François Baroin, had already confirmed, on Saturday evening, the range for the increase in the price of gas on January 1, in the 20 hours newspaper of France 2. Last Tuesday, François Fillon, himself , had given an indication by specifying that the increase would be "much less" than 10%, adding: "I would even wish that it was below half."

Unpopular

The increase to come follows the invalidation at the end of November by the Council of State of the freezing of natural gas prices for individuals, decided in October by Bercy. The government had been failed for not taking into account an official calculation rule, which should have led to an increase ... from 8,8% to 10% of the rates for individuals, in order to reflect changes in GDF Suez supply costs. The Council of State had been seized by competitors of GDF Suez, like Poweo, Direct Energie or Altergaz, who challenged this measure. But GDF Suez had also filed an appeal against this rate freeze, claiming that it did not comply with the laws and regulations in force. A new calculation formula must, however, cushion the shock of such an inevitably unpopular price increase. And annoying a few months before the elections!

Alain-Gabriel Verdevoye - 12/12/2011, 08:56
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/11, 13:53

This is a "regulated tariff". Like everything that is regulated, it is the State which fixes ...

There is a commission which "calculates" and gives an opinion and the State which fixes ...

That said, we agree, it is reminiscent of national companies and State tariffs ... We are in the process of liberalization, which, if it were completed, would have resulted in a slightly faster increase. tariffs ... There, the government tried to "shoot" until the elections!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/11, 15:21

To my knowledge, the price of gas is regulated "fixed for 6 months" ... France could afford to regulate national gas prices if it were a major producer of gas ...

National production represents how much of consumption? Pau and Lacq should no longer weigh very heavy ...

Obviously, the 5% instead of the 10% "of the market" are a pre-electoral maneuver but with the UMP in power, the modest one who heats up with gas has lost more than these poor little 5% of "gift". .

Besides, everyone will have noticed the tremendous media coverage of this "gas price affair"! Otherwise the price variation does not make more than a sentence in the news ...
0 x