Special Envoy: wood in all its states

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Christophe

Special Envoy: wood in all its states

by Christophe » 25/02/10, 18:43

Tonight on FR2, I hope it will not be too pessimistic (what is realistic?)

Wood in all its states A report by Jérôme Soulard, Valérie Lucas and Samuel Humez

Decorative trend, green trend, in construction as in development, wood today is in fashion. But buying chairs, a table, or a new wooden floor for one's bathroom can involve - without knowing it - a traffic in wood. In France, 40% of the timber traded is of illegal origin. Illegal timber is protected species and especially others from prohibited forest areas, in the Amazon, Africa, Russia and Indonesia. Every year in the world, 13 millions of hectares of forests disappear, a quarter of the surface of France, a football field every two seconds. Deforestation responsible for 20% of greenhouse gas emissions. In Brazil in the Amazon, but also in France, in supermarkets and on construction sites, we have investigated to understand how this illegal timber reaches the shelves of our stores. There are ecological certifications that ensure the traceability of wood. But they are still little used by traders and therefore almost unknown to consumers. Yet in the markets, the green trend is wood and changes are starting. The chains are being organized and local substitute woods are beginning to prevail to replace the exotic woods of imports. Illegal timber is now very much present in our country, but it is not, it seems, inevitable.

http://envoye-special.france2.fr/index- ... rique=1382
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/10, 22:00

Good it was realistic! : Mrgreen:
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

wood

by zorglub » 26/02/10, 09:56

wood is the same problem as drugs, the moment it pays, more limits ...... more laws ....
and the fashion of the exotic does the rest. people no longer have the behavior of the older generations of previous generations and in addition the merchants, whether they are particular or in specialized shops, swear by the import wood. you think it's better than anything we have
ah! if it could open the eyes a little to the potential customers of the construction or the furnishing, the French industry of the wood will be able to behave a little better
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/10, 10:07

Yes, as for ALL, it's the consumer who decides ... we still have to offer him at least one alternative!
There are more and more FSC PEFC ... if you do not want something right now ...

I liked the thermo oiling linseed oil 100% French ... I think we had already spoken I do not know where.

On the other hand I did not understand very well pkoi at the beginning, the journalist reproaches to a builder of new wooden houses to use fir of the north ... because l:

a) Northern fir has better durability properties than French pine or fir ...
b) the Scandinavian forests are far from being in danger ...
(c) this trade is ultra-regulated
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 26/02/10, 10:11

yes, but, a word of a journalist is worth what it is worth,
we can also be able to judge, and think differently and above all to act differently ........
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"