Needs of bioclimatic home advice

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Needs of bioclimatic home advice

by tararika » 08/08/09, 22:07

Hello everyone

I am in a gironde, we have a plot of 1400 m2, we want to build a healthy and economical house.
Our land is flat, in flood zone (but this is very rare storm of 99 ...)
We have to raise the house of 1m in relation to the land.
The land is south facing slightly south east.

Our project is a single storey house of 120 m2, with a garage (according to our budget)

after seeing 2 architects, we may have opted for a mason that ecoconstructs.

He renovates the old building too.

he mainly laid in nine of the monomur.

He is open to dialogue.

he wants us to do it by our expectations to develop a quote.

we want to use a brick 20 cm

the BGV Thermo Bouyer leroux
the optibric PV 3 + of Imérys (in addition a manufacturing unit exists in Gironde)

we want insulation from the outside, the mason has never done, but he has a network of craftsmen and he will learn.

for outdoor insulation we do not really know what to choose

wood wool? what thickness? what density?

cork?

other?

how does the installation of window and shutters is better to choose shutters?

a rather old archi will make the plans he does not know bioclimatic, I would like to find data to calculate the advances of roofs and the glazed surface for an optimal direct solar contribution.

in addition, the mason offers us 30 cm wadding in the attic.

we want a crawling in the living room with which insulation?

for the foundations it will be a crawl space? which insulation?

Thank you all for your responses : Idea:
Last edited by tararika the 21 / 08 / 09, 21: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tararika » 08/08/09, 22:09

I forgot we want to put fermacell partition, which insulator can 'we put between the plates?
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 09/08/09, 11:03

All the questions you mentioned are easily clarified by bioclimatic architectswhy not appeal to them?

If your old archi is not open to these questions, it can put you in the north because the light is not dazzling ... "For the cold, just turn on the boiler!"

There are errors of conception crippling if we want to make a home thrifty, we can put all the insulation we want, it's sometimes hard to catch up!

A good bio-climatic arch you will plans, material choices, adapted, quotes, verifications of executions, and all the tralala ... It seems a little more expensive, but if it coordinates the building site, it you avoid having to repeat three times the entire second-work because it will have been done too quickly without consultation between the artisans! The additional costs related to poor workmanship of an uncoordinated site are sometimes more expensive than the fees of the coordinator ...

If your friend archi is interested in doing all this, and if he has a little interest in bio-climatism, go for it with him ... If not, look for someone who will do it for you.

Good luck.
0 x
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tararika » 09/08/09, 22:07

I consulted an arch in eco-construction, it would take me 7600 euros ttc just for the license ...
She is not interested in my budget (150 000 euros for the house) and it seems too fair ....

I'm waiting for another quote from another archi but he was less knowledgeable in bioclimatism.

our plan is already elaborated, glazed surface in the South, little in the North ... etc ..etc ...
Last edited by tararika the 10 / 08 / 09, 10: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 09/08/09, 23:38

Oki, oki ... sorry for my misplaced advice, but it's true that my colleagues seem expensive ... In fact they are among the lowest paid construction designers, but their fees are still displayed and not hidden in a global cost ... sic ...

For the choice of bricks, I do not know the differences between these two products, I can not tell you.

For the external insulation, with equivalent insulation, the wood wool is cheaper cork (unless you have a special die), but there are also possibilities of use of cellulose in walls, we have some professionals who practice and talk about it on forum [Bucheron, where are you :D ] ...

For the question the density of wood wool (if wood wool ...) with bricks carrier inside, the inertia of the building will be comfortable, no need to choose a wood wool very high density ... A medium density will suffice in the walls to prevent everything from getting stuck.

For the thickness of the insulation, it depends on the city, the overall budget, and expected performance. Currently, we are most often between 15 and 25 cm in France. A well thought house will be passive with 20 cm of insulation of the walls in Nice, while in Strasbourg it will take more than 30 cm ... For the roof, 30 cm of wadding is in the standards of what is done today in France ...

For the window, the most important thing is the look you want. If the craftsman works well, shutters rolling, sliding or flying are almost worth it. The most risky is the shutter, if the airtightness and the insulation of the trunk are poorly done, it's the drama! But normally nothing to worry about.

Good luck.
0 x
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tararika » 10/08/09, 11:23

[quote = "minguinhirigue"] Oki, oki ... sorry for my inappropriate advice, but it's true that my colleagues seem expensive ... In fact they are among the lowest paid designers of construction, but their fees remain displayed and not hidden in a global cost ... sic ...

I understand, but the arch that I saw does not bother to follow me because 13% 150 000 it does not interest him :|

For the choice of bricks, I do not know the differences between these two products, I can not tell you.

RT = 1 both

For the external insulation, with equivalent insulation, the wood wool is cheaper cork (unless you have a special die), but there are also possibilities of use of cellulose in walls, we have some professionals who practice and talk about it on forum [Bucheron, where are you :D ] ...

The arch that I saw advised me against this process, because it said that at the end of 10ansans there were riques of settlement and the creation of thermal bridge

For the question the density of wood wool (if wood wool ...) with bricks carrier inside, the inertia of the building will be comfortable, no need to choose a wood wool very high density ... A medium density will suffice in the walls to prevent everything from getting stuck.

I was also told to use two layers of insulation of different density of wood wool. to reduce the cost.

I am next to Bordeaux, how to find the sufficient thickness to have the best iso,

For the windows, I thought that the leaves were problematic in their attachment to the outer insulation.

Thank you for your answers, it's very hard for us because we are not in this context of trades ...
Last edited by tararika the 10 / 08 / 09, 23: 07, 1 edited once.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 10/08/09, 13:33

For packing, it's about cellulose? Yes there is a risk, but there are also wool (mineral and vegetable).

Normally the craftsmen know how to dose the product in projection or insuflation so that it does not get stuck. But if you're not sure about working with someone who has a lot of experience in the material, the safest is to use rigid or semi-rigid wool panels: Homatherm, Pavatex, Rockwool and many others. makes).

For two layers of different density, there, like that I do not know the trick. Sorry. May be that else on the forum can shed light on the question?

For shutter fasteners, offset fasteners can easily allow spot fastening through the insulation, or a bay layout.

For bricks, I do not really know these products, depending on what you tell me, I instinctively choose the one produced locally, but it is possible that the other has significant qualities that I do not know? The price, the ease of siding or fastening shutters ...

For the best thickness, I will not allow to fix it like that! The only data I have is the usual thicknesses in France, but I do not know enough houses on Bordeaux to say that it is the norm ...

The simplest is to look for similar houses, and look at what has been done, and how much they are consuming. You can go to the CAUE or the architecture house of your city, they will normally have a list of references in the area, and maybe even dates of visits. Houses can be classic, HQE or BBC ...

The most precise is to model everything, to calculate, to correlate according to the available products and the desired return on investment. I do not know what you prefer :D

Courage.
0 x
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tararika » 10/08/09, 23:20

It's a real job of titan : Shock:

But it's also exciting!

I am looking for data for the archi, for roof overhangs and glazed surfaces.

on the book of Mazria

he says that one has to count 0.11 to 0.25 m2 of south glazing by m2 of floor.

for the awning, I can not find exact data, because it takes the latitude 44 °, I am at the 45 °.

I am still searching...

Apparently after my solicitation by telephone companies that make insulation, my outer insulation will come back dear.

Many told me to privilege the insulation of the attic. and choose good windows.

The loss through the walls is less ... :?:

What is the R to get for the walls?

thank you again for your help :D
0 x
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tararika » 10/08/09, 23:43

0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 11/08/09, 11:25

Hello,

It is essential to go through a dynamic thermal design office to design a bioclimatic house. And especially to properly size the stove which is often the auxiliary heater of a bioclim home.
The dynamic thermal study (I emphasize the dynamics) and the only way to correctly size the caps. Indeed the caps allow to reduce solar gains. But the storage capacity of solar inputs depends on inertia and insulation. We can not adjust a parameter without knowing the other two.
The software indicated in the link will allow you to size the caps for a certain day, at a certain time the cap protects the window. But what day to choose 15mars 15mai ???
What we want is that the cap protects solar gain when it is too hot. And only the thermal study can tell you thanks to the averages on 10 last years in which period it is the best according to the inertia and the insulation of the house.

30cm on the roof is too little it takes at least 40 and I will say twenty for the walls the thermal study will confirm or deny.

As the house will be on crawl space (which is a shame but it is true that it is not easy to bring 60m3 gravel to enhance) it will also make heavy partitions to increase the inertia: increase in solar gains storable in winter and storage of the coolness of the night in winter so the need for heating and air conditioning decreases and smoothing of the indoor temperature so better comfort.

Remember to provide a small veranda facing south to preheat the air entering the house which is therefore in overpressure (less annoying air leakage and use of the stove facilitated)
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"