machine drum washing impeller

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 21:29

Tomorrow promised if it's done and if I find the time to collect the part!

Otherwise Friday!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/05/09, 14:34

Here are the pictures:

The freshly machined cone (hard to see on the photo but it is a cone) for 20 €:

White Mount" :

Tightening nut against nut (as the cone is not very "long" I think that a against nut will not be superfluous):

Security washer nut:

Everything is already assembled but I'm waiting to see what it looks like in the water.

The alignment (plan) crown gear a little boring to do but it should be fine. I put everything on threaded rods with nut against nut so easy and fairly precise settings.

General Tigger will drop by to do a general inspection this afternoon! I don't even know if we can get the bevel gear out without extractor :) When I pressed (fully) it moved 3 to 4mm!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/09, 10:20

So Maloche? No reaction on the cone?

Well, I have not been idle this weend: everything is "assembled" (we shit with Christine to couple the drum to the cage with the unbalance represented by the alternator).

a) Boat on land, 3rd float mounted and pre-assembled and pre-set alternator ("alignment" crown pinion):

b) "Assembly". Explanations: the alternator is fixed by 2 threaded rods of 8mm right through.

The upper rod also has a function of tensioner (or rather adjustment of the tension) of the chain. The lower rod is therefore a kind of pivot, but in operation everything is "fixed".

All the nuts are doubled (vibrations) + anti-loosening washers or nylstop nut. This allows, moreover, a "precise" adjustment (jme understand) of the alignment of the crown pinion planes ...

c) Detail of the gable (check the alignment of the 2 planes):

d) "oblong" chain adjustment hole (without the chain tensioner for the moment):

e) Chain "tensioner" (a simple 8 mm threaded rod with a nut / lock nut system which passes through the cage):

You notice that some operating games are weak! Hey that's what it means to be a good engineer : Mrgreen: we will see how long it takes before tightening ...

f) "Final" position: the voltage regulator is fixed to the cage, the alignment is adjusted.

We put in the water this AM or tomorrow ... I hope it will not sink : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 04/05/09, 10:37

AH yes, it's clean!

Missing more than the cable gland at the motor cables passage :D

You make us languish there, so it still floats? Image
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
yanyan26
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yanyan26 » 04/05/09, 11:00

Hello

Very nice achievement Christophe.
This proves that some engineers : Mrgreen: also know how to use their hands.
Is your paddle wheel not too braked by your multiplier gears when you turn it by hand because on the wind turbine I am trying to make (multiplier of 30) it is hard

Good luck for your tests
0 x
http://yanyan.26.free.fr/

Nature is a balance parfait.Si you know look good, it will reveal to you can be his secret.
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/09, 12:19

Thank you for the encouragements!

Not yet in the Maloche fleet! This AM if I have time ... once it's in the fleet it will be boring to get it out again so no rush! Already without the transmission I had already hurt myself the other time ... For the "plugging" of the various holes is planned.

Yanyan, yes we can feel the couple "empty", it comes from 2 factors:

- no-load torque of the alternator (1 per pole) since the excitation is permanent (unlike the alternator) and the regulator is already connected.

- couple "in" the chain.

I am unable to determine what is the% of each of these couples. But we feel the difference depending on the tension of the chain, I think I have adjusted the tension neither too loose nor too strong. Difficult to do over such a short chain distance.

For more details, I will make a no-load torque measurement this AM.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/05/09, 12:31

Hello yanyan26
yanyan26 wrote:This proves that some engineers : Mrgreen: also know how to use their hands.

Yes, well done Christoph, and yanyan26 you will notice, proof to support, that our favorite Webmunster does not have two left hands.

In fact, it is well protected the "alternator" / reduction assembly in the drum and it should make use of. 8)
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/09, 13:48

Hihihhihi Flytox! I have 2 right thumbs now, I find it hard to hit the forums, it's smart !! : Mrgreen:

Yes for protection, that's why I liked the idea of ​​using the cage (tank) and that I wanted to keep it. There are some holes to plug but it will be really easy! I do not know if I said it but I kept the original seal on the drum cage ... which allows a good seal at the water level!

Yanyan, I just measured the "empty torque" it is about 950 grams at 26 cm!

Or a "starting torque" of 0.95 * 0.26 = 0.25 daN.m

As a reminder, in this configuration of blades ("small and flat") and flow, I had measured an engine torque "in water" of 6.5 kg at 26 cm in radius, ie more than 6 times more.

1/6 of the torque at 0 RPM will therefore be "absorbed" by the transmission and the "internal friction" of the alternator (including the regulator). It's a lot but not too much of a choice ...

A priori we will therefore have a "useful" engine torque in the range of 5.5 * 0.26 = 1.4 daNm ... to see the RPM ... and the efficiency of the generator ...

In short: what matters is what we manage to produce! Answer in a few days... :?:

ps: what worries me (a little) question reliability is the few teeth "working" on the pinion but I didn't have too many other possibilities there ... On the other hand this pinion is made for a mob, which can develop 5 to 10 hp. I presume there is a coef. safety of at least 2 or 20 hp ... and therefore a much larger torque than I would ever have with about 0.5 hp ...

We will see with use!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/05/09, 14:34

: Cheesy: But that it is c .. this Flytox sometimes, : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
Ha! I had a good laugh.
I see that fly is on leave ... watch out!Image
It's Fly's fault :? :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/09, 15:06

Ah it will be paid at the end of the month : Cheesy:

Well, that's not all, but I have a boat to sink there! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."