machine drum washing impeller

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/09, 15:27

Image Lumberjack!

Woodcutter wrote:this type of larvae, which is one of the most sensitive taxa, gives a good indication.

So I told you it wasn't bad: can I brew with it then? : Mrgreen:

Without laughing, what would your indication be?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/04/09, 15:29

Lietseu wrote:+1 Lumberjack, when we have such references, we talk kindly to the tomcat by scratching his chin :D and the tomcat who is not the most stupid, will bow to the knowledge of the biologist, but not to his unpleasant ways, cats are sentient beings :? [...]
Ben ...

I don't see in there:
Woodcutter wrote:
Lietseu wrote:[...] Good luck and it's great that there are still leeches in "your" stream!
Leeches are not an indicator of good water quality ... :?
when I show unpleasant ways ... :|

I am happy that this little dispute is resolved, but frankly, I do not understand ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 03/04/09, 16:07

I invite you to Skyper with me on occasion, we will clarify this ...

Nothing like a real conversation with someone to get to know them :D

Greetings from Gaston's cat and econology :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 03/04/09, 16:12

Woodcutter wrote:
Christophe wrote:And this one found near the ram, what is it?

Image[...]

Well, it's already much more interesting to estimate the level of quality!

It must be a plecopteran or ephemeropteran larva, maybe a Heptagenia, but I don't do enough sorting anymore to tell you that when I see a photo ...

Yep, I confirm and I nuance: It is very probably a larva of ephemeroptera, the in family Heptageneidae. As for the genus, well, the photo is a bit fair but I hesitate between Heptagenia and Ecdyonurus.

Be careful not to draw hasty conclusions: Heptageneidae can be found in rivers whose IBGN (global biotic standard index) score ranges from 5 to 18 out of 20.

More bugs are needed to get a clearer picture.
Besides, Christophe, if you are interested in taking some samples and pretty photos of the invertebrates in your stream, I am completely ready to attempt a determination and evaluation of the quality of "your" aquatic environment.

PS: Everything about the IBGN HERE
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/04/09, 16:49

highflyaddict wrote:[...] Be careful however not to draw hasty conclusions: Heptageneidae can meet in rivers whose IBGN score (standardized global biotic index) oscillates between 5 and 18 out of 20. [...]
Toutafé!
I was a little quick, I admit. The Heptageneidae are not the most demanding Ephemoptera in terms of physicochemical quality (and I no longer remember exactly their requirements in terms of physical environment! : Shock: Boh la shame ... This is far away ... :| )
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/09, 22:58

highflyaddict wrote:More bugs are needed to get a clearer picture.
Besides, Christophe, if you are interested in taking some samples and pretty photos of the invertebrates in your stream, I am completely ready to attempt a determination and evaluation of the quality of "your" aquatic environment.

PS: Everything about the IBGN HERE

Christine is doing a little "dossier" on the subject at the moment ...

I see that there are connoisseurs on the forums!

Thank you for the link it will surely help Christine but I'm not sure that the IBGN classification is "valid" in Belgium ... we'll be fine!

It should be made a specific subject in fact!

Good because it's you still a last photo "biology" and then we go back on the wheel please :)

A kind of "gobi" (Christine saw 2):

And here is the paddle wheel on his raft (there is still a float missing but it floats more or less, better than yesterday!) And the aubanes are fixed. We balanced with stones:

I hope that tomorrow morning he will still be there : Mrgreen:

The following?

a) make a test with empty "blades" and find the best blade configuration
b) find the best location on the stream
c) transmit the power to the alternator
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/09, 09:20

The "boat" has just spent its 1st night: I have just checked apparently, it has not moved and seems to like it :) : Mrgreen:

I'm going to do some tests with blades today I think ...
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 04/04/09, 10:50

Ah !!!! Nice!

Well ! The "gobi" is a sculpin (Cottus gobio), a small fish found in clear waterways in Europe. It feeds exclusively on invertebrates captured on the bottom or over the water.
Its presence testifies to a healthy environment with little disturbance and a good physico-chemical quality of the water.

And say !? Are there crayfish in this pretty stream?

To come back to the subject, does the aluminum profile which is located upstream of the wheel risk disrupting the flow and therefore reducing performance?
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
yanyan26
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yanyan26 » 04/04/09, 10:58

Bonjour Christophe

For your fish (Gobi) We do not know the size on the photo, but if this fish has a size of ten cm it could be a Chabot. They are very discreet fish that hide under the stones and I only caught one, once while fishing for trout
http://www.fnh.org/naturoscope/Faune/Poissons/Chabot/Anat1.htm
This fish likes good quality water (1st category.)
Are there trout in your stream?
0 x
http://yanyan.26.free.fr/

Nature is a balance parfait.Si you know look good, it will reveal to you can be his secret.
yanyan26
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yanyan26 » 04/04/09, 11:15

Dung, highflyaddict was faster than me : Cheesy:
0 x
http://yanyan.26.free.fr/

Nature is a balance parfait.Si you know look good, it will reveal to you can be his secret.

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."