Decreased consumption and increased power.

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Decreased consumption and increased power.

by antoinet111 » 30/04/12, 15:55

Hi guys, I have often read and heard that when you increase the power of an engine, if you do not change the way you drive, you reduce fuel consumption.

What is your opinion and what is the explanation?

Goods.

my idea (on an Opel Astra 1.9CDTI of 120cv) is the reprogramming of the calculator.

And that´s it
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 30/04/12, 16:31

Generally it is due to several factors:

More frank acceleration before arriving at a stabilized pace. It is the acceleration that consumes the more, the less it lasts, the less we consume.

Second point: Cars with more power generally have longer gear ratios. At the same speed, the most powerful engine will run slower -> less consumption.

If it is to do almost that the highway (stabilized pace) forgets, it is the gearbox ratio that plays the most. If it is to make the city, it is useless, you are anyway embarrassed by the driver in front of you.
For campaign, it may be interesting yes.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/04/12, 16:38

Big risk of surprises without detailed information on this calculator.

If not, if the engine is not optimized to the max, (likely if it is clamped), then by changing anything in it, either we increase, or consumption is reduced, taking the opposite direction from that which increases !!!

Mathematical evidence, when the derivative according to a parameter is not zero outside the maximum !!

It works as well for adding water as for modifying the programmer or anything in the engine !!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9riv%C3%A9e

if you are not at the mini, there is always a way to reduce consumption, by choosing common sense !!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/05/12, 12:24

On any motor that is not optimized to the max, (even more likely if it is oversized and flanged), any change of any parameter, choosing the right direction of change, will increase its efficiency and therefore we will decrease the consumption, especially since this engine has not been carefully optimized by its manufacturer for the use of its owner.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/05/12, 13:01

Ok, thanks for these leads.
0 x

Projéthée
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Projéthée » 01/05/12, 13:31

Dedeleco is right, we have to look at which parameters to influence.
I advise you to note in which range of regime you are most often on your average journey. Then see on the curve (future) of the new programming if there is something to gain, which is not obvious.
For example, on a journey that I often make between my home and my mother's I consume 8.5l by driving behind pegs which drag at 80 km / h meter and 7.5 by keeping 100 km / H meter as much as possible with anticipation uncontrolled braking. Paradoxically I lower the consumption while driving faster (but never more than 110). To consume less at low speed, I would have to optimize the engine consumption between 1600 and 2000 rpm, which is not very obvious especially on petrol.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/05/12, 13:47

Must say, I always wondered why we now offer cars of 140 HP, instead of doing less, for the benefit of less consumption.

Must also say, when you crush the mushroom of a van instead of accelerating cushy, it certainly consumes a lot.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/05/12, 16:26

in fact precisely, my engine is 120cv, except that it is in fact a 150cv mill flanged by the mapping, but the same engine was distributed at 180cv by opel.
all the guys who modified the cartography saw their consumption decrease, so I wonder why.
0 x

dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/05/12, 17:01

all the guys who modified the cartography saw their consumption decrease, so I wonder why.

Opel makes fun of its customers by stupidly restraining an oversized engine (180 reduced to 120CV, that's a lot of gas sucked for nothing), without optimizing its operation, and therefore it constantly runs very out of its optimum performance.
You have to know what they have clamped, to understand better, first the maximum rotation speed? , which leaves the engine always at too low speed, with too long accelerations ????.

It is likely that it would be better to change vehicles, with a much smaller displacement?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/05/12, 17:37

the trm have nothing to do, nothing prevents me from reaching 5000, it's just longer.

it's really a 150, not a 180, it is just possible to optimize it to 180hp (on the other hand, it is necessary to have a more breathable air filter (K&N or other))
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"