The recycling of mechanical energy.

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Claude
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Claude » 09/12/04, 22:00

The recycling of mechanical energy

Like many materials, negative energy is partially recoverable and reusable.

To meet our needs, we consume energy as if it were inexhaustible, we produce what we need and evacuate in heat everything that hinders our comfort.
We behave as if we are unable to manage energy, to take only what we need and set aside the surplus for later use.

The production of mechanical energy goes through at least two stages.
Denis Papin has shown us that between A and B, we can increase the potential energy of water vapor confined in an enclosure by an external supply of heat energy.
Then James Watt showed us that between B and C we can transform the potential energy of water vapor into mechanical energy.

It is essential to distinguish and separate these two phases: between A and B the goal is to increase the potential energy of a fluid by an external supply of energy, while between B and C the goal is to transform the potential energy of the fluid into mechanical energy.
The steam engine separates these two phases and keeps a reserve of potential energy available in the form of pressurized water vapor.
Internal combustion engines combine the two phases without conserving the potential energy of the pressurized gas over time. The principle of the internal combustion engine is well suited to transform with good efficiency an energy intended for a constant load, to propel a ship or to pull a plow for example, but these engines have an efficiency which goes from mediocre to zero when the load is variable, becomes zero or negative.
By using the same fluid in high and low pressure chambers, the principle of the steam engine is better suited to control the movement of an essentially variable charge, zero or negative, because a potential energy of the fluid is conserved over time and that the transformation mechanism between B and C is reversible.
In all applications intended to control a movement, when a negative energy of deceleration or descent of a load is involved or when the load is mainly variable, it is necessary to have a first enclosure containing a fluid under high pressure connected , via a motor capable of working as a pump, to a second enclosure containing the same fluid under low pressure. Between the motor capable of working as a pump and the end use of energy, the transmission mechanism must be reversible.
As in the example of the steam engine, between A and B the aim is to use external energy to increase the potential energy of the fluid contained in the high pressure enclosure. This operation is no longer subject to the requirements of the end use and can therefore be carried out with the best performance conditions in mind, it can be managed by a computer.
In B an adequate reserve of potential energy is preserved over time.
Between B and C, a reversible mechanism is used to transform the potential energy of the fluid into mechanical energy and to control the movement.

This approach is valid for a large number of current applications of internal combustion engines and electric motors, in fact for most applications which use a braking system, including the "engine brake", to control the movement. research.

The system can be part of the transmission or be added in parallel to the transmission.

Depending on the load applied, the device behaves either as a motor consuming the energy from the hydraulic accumulator (acceleration of the load), or as a pump by returning negative energy to the hydraulic accumulator (deceleration of the charge).

The impact on the environment is not negligible.
When the fossil energy is the source of the mechanical energy used, for each mechanical Joule recycled instead of being wasted in heat by braking, we must add the saving of at least two additional Joules which would have been transformed into heat to generate the new mechanical Joule.

Hybrid-hydraulic vehicles are being developed in the USA (http://www.epa.gov/otaq/technology/420f04024.pdf) and in England (http://www.shepinc.com/).

Do you know of similar projects in France? I am developing a specific hydraulic motor / pump that would have the best characteristics for this type of application and I am trying to join my efforts with others that are going in the same direction.
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 10/12/04, 10:54

Hi Claude!

I share your analysis enough even if I have no competence in this area.
Personally, I do not know of such a project in France but I am not a reference.

Others may be aware of such projects. I invite them to share their info.

A+
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"