6 steam hybrid time engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
esgege
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

6 steam hybrid time engine

by esgege » 29/11/08, 15:26

Here is another possibility of exploiting heat losses

It is a classic engine to which we add 2 times

1- intake
2- compression
3- explosion / relaxation
4- exhaust

and the 2 times added

-5 water injection
-6 steam trigger

Obviously not easy to implement, but is the idea right?

0 x
Let us say and do well
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 29/11/08, 15:45

Not stupid but I ask myself a small question ...

Is there not a risk of a torque difference between the thermal phase and the water phase?
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
esgege
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by esgege » 29/11/08, 15:50

No problem, as long as we have a couple ...
0 x
Let us say and do well
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 29/11/08, 15:55

Seen like this ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 29/11/08, 16:04

It's not stupid!
But it seems to me less effective than the Miller cycle (prolonged expansion cycle), or the excess heat is simply recovered by an extension of the expansion (the piston stroke during expansion and the exhaust is longer than during admission and compression)

Because then the cycle is longer, so the heat has more time to dissipate in the walls
0 x
esgege
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by esgege » 29/11/08, 16:24

Okay ... I think it could be applied to large long stroke engines running at low speed.

: Oops: I do not pretend to reinvent the wheel, but if that can give some idea then why not ...

The energy potential of the exhaust is around 30%
and the most efficient way to convert thermal into force remains, in my opinion, the ancient steam engine.

BMW is already applying it ...

http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/uneact ... ws_id=1010
0 x
Let us say and do well
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/11/08, 19:06

it does not replace the miller cycle at all: we could do both milling + additional steam time

I already thought about it: I call that internal cooling: the vaporization of water exploits a heat usually lost

but it is not that good: the vaporization of the water is too slow; it does not work if the engine is running too fast, the energy recovery is low: it does not pay for the loss of 1 / 3 of the main engine power

water and steam flush the cylinder lubrication

conclusion, if it is necessary to recover power with steam it is better to let the water boil in the engine block like a boiler and run a small steam engine: also put a boiler on the exhaust gases: the engine steam will be lighter than the increase in engine weight due to the additional time
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 29/11/08, 19:16

Well yes, it replaces the Miller cycle since the latter uses the residual energy of the gases to continue to push the piston (energy normally lost at the opening of the exhaust valve).
There it is the vaporization of the water that does it but it comes to the same thing.
Now an optimal Miller cycle would require a rebound stroke much greater than the intake stroke, therefore a large engine for low power, while water can recover heat over a short stroke.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/11/08, 23:48

no it's not the same: miller recovers the end of relaxation, the 2 additional steam times recover the heat from the walls

with miller we increase the detent stroke, or rather we decrease the intake stroke: it decreases the useful power of the engine: the end of detente does not need to be used in something as solid as the engine: it better to use it in a turbine or a piston of lighter construction than the main engine

the miller cycle of a normal connecting rod engine only intentionally spoils part of the intake by the valve control, but the piston rubs unnecessarily over an entire stroke

we say "miller atkinson" cycle, because atkinson invented a very long time ago an engine with a bizarre connecting rod which has a different stroke at the intake and the detent, this engine can also have different top dead center at the explosion and at the end of the escape
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 29/11/08, 23:54

Ah yes OK I did not see that there were 2 exhaust phases :!:
0 x