Molecular dissociation of water by electric field

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Capt_Maloche

Molecular dissociation of water by electric field

by Capt_Maloche » 18/01/07, 10:36

Hello,

After having matured for some time this idea, born on the post "Improved electrolysis" last summer, I decided to deepen the subject provided by our favorite OuaibMaster christophe and relaunched yesterday by elephant :

The langmuir torch:
http://isimabomba.free.fr/biographies/chimistes/langmuir.htm

RADICAL MECHANISM:
http://perso.orange.fr/chimie.sup/Mecanismesradicalaires.html

Production

The first device that used free atoms was the Langmuir blowtorch. Molecules are projected into a high voltage electric field. Under the effect of this electric field, they are broken into atoms. We can therefore study the effect of these atoms on targets. (exception H®CH4).

Atomic hydrogen is thus formed. There is a release of 400 kJ upon recombination. With atomic hydrogen, the formation of hydrides and the reduction of oxides are observed. Not all are reducible. Alumina is resistant to reduction, as is zinc oxide. Metals do not react with atomic hydrogen. The hydrides formed with atomic hydrogen can, for certain metals, be saline hydrides, such as the hydrides of Ar, Cu, Au, Thallium. Phosphorus and Thallium give volatile and unstable hydrides.

Jet of atomic hydrogen on hydrocarbons (work by Bonhoeffer)

The atomic hydrogen jets on hydrocarbons lead to a decomposition of the chain to give molecules of lower molecular weight except for methane and acetylene.

Mechanism

The lifespan of atomic hydrogen is relatively long: 1/10 of a second. It can restore molecular H2 by triple shock. In fact, it is absorbed by the walls. If there are metal oxides in the reactor, these can annihilate the atomic hydrogen.

Pt = Pd> W> Fe = Cr> Ag> Cu> Pb> Hg

The action of these metals on atomic hydrogen decreases from Pt to Hg. A scale of activity of metals has therefore been represented as catalysts of the reaction.

The electric discharge can be used to form other free atoms. The discharge is too powerful to make polyatomic radicals. It is difficult to control the failure mechanisms.

Its lifespan of 1 / 10th of a second is compatible with use in an internal combustion engine

The idea is to experiment with electric fields on water in order, first of all, to ionize it H2O -> H3O + and OH- and, to measure the lifespan of these ions in aqueous media.

The still unacknowledged goal is to carry out the electrolysis of water at a lower cost (Energy : Cheesy: )

Any expertise in the field will be welcome, thank you.
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 18 / 01 / 07, 16: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/01/07, 11:03

Well, with 1 / 10th of a second, a good little THT hedgehog in the air intake pipes (very close to the engine) with 27000V DC, voluntarily limited to 1mA, that should have an effect. If in addition, there is hydrogen. I am unfortunately a little overbooked in the evening for the moment, otherwise, I am not missing the THT generator schematics.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 18/01/07, 12:50

Hello,
it is the National Naudin who worked on it (google MAHG) and of course it works : Cheesy: and yet as usual he did not continue.
All that to say that there is probably some information to go scratch on his site.
and then over there :!: https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-mahg-de-j-l-naudin-aider-moi-a-le-comprendre-t1374.html
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/01/07, 16:28

AH AH! I knew whoever was behind the topic was going to come forward :D

I beg you to correct my first line "relaunched by Christophe and taken up by Eleph" and to delete the beginning of your message as well as this line so that you do not pass for a little guy with glasses in need of recognition : Cheesy:

Your solemn, and moreover sincere:
You, christophe, yes you, you will always be our creator god who has all power over this site and our small publications.
Image we love you you know
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/01/07, 18:45

Yep, it's true, I just said that it was going to make you happy .... :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/07, 20:42

Uh ... I wasn't asking for that much ... :? :|
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 18/01/07, 23:00

A small page in English on the torch invented by Langmuir
http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/AtomicH/atomicH.html

and I believe this is the corresponding patent:
http://samsdisk.free.fr/US1746196A1.pdf
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 20/01/07, 00:18

We look forward to seeing you!

but it's not very young!

First, I need an THT circuit, I am thinking of removing one of my air ionizers :?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 02/02/07, 16:53

0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/04/07, 22:45

There is also the equipment of air ionizers, in 12 v

This weekend I tried to deflect a trickle of water with my air ionizer: it's at least as effective as a straw rubbed with wool: https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/EauD.avi

(I didn't want to approach it too much so as not to make a short juice)

What is crazy is that we consume no energy.

In this case, no current travels the fluid in motion (water) because it is already diamagnetic, and it is only necessary for a weak electrostatic charge.

Of course, the straw does not touch the water Gegyx :D

This to say that one can artificially create an equivalent electric field, and in addition variable, so that slab in energy.

and this is where I am coming from, because at the sight of the enormous influence of an electric field on the water and knowing that the water "resonates" at 2.45 Ghz I tell myself that it is in this path we must move forward (subject of this topic)
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"