Request for information: 12kW electric motor on battery

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Request for information: 12kW electric motor on battery

by Blackberry » 09/06/09, 11:16

hello to all I would like to have some information, I would like to run an electric motor with a power of about 12 kw powered by lead batteries connect to a pantomized generator, could you tell me what type of engine to choose and the Necessary material ; number of battery, charger or alternator etcccc for my project thank you
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/06/09, 20:50

More questions than answers:

1) speed of use of your engine: duration, number of H / 24 h
2) DC or AC motor?
3) mono or three-phase?

your engine? what is it used for?

the more you tell us, the more we can help you. It's certainly possible: it's the power of a Clark engine. (pallet truck)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 10/06/09, 12:19

my project is to transform my ax into an electric car like a little electric kangoo with battery and generator to improve the autonomy, I wish a speed of 100km / h max because I am not a fan of speed even if I ride that 90km / h I do not care lol.
the best is it a motor ac or dc?
how much battery to make a max of 100km?
Can a battery charger charge more than one battery at a time?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/06/09, 14:12

Hello Lamure!

You should have some idea of ​​the budget you have to guide you to one system or another.

In DC the cost will be lower and the material easier to find, in CA the cost is much higher but the yield is better.

The difficulty is to recharge the batteries or to go into generator mode directly to the batteries when they are unloaded, you will have to optimize the output voltage of the gené with the batteries, if the génée provided 380 volts you will have to have 30 batteries of 12 volts , but the problem will be to find a motor and a motor controller with this voltage, for against you can use a transformer and reduce the voltage to 120 volts and use diode bridges to use only 10 batteries.

So you can see the complexity of this achievement for someone who has little or no knowledge in the field.
:D
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:re

by I Citro » 12/06/09, 14:56

lamure wrote:my project is to transform my ax into an electric car like a little electric kangoo with battery and generator to improve the autonomy, I wish a speed of 100km / h max because I am not a fan of speed even if I ride that 90km / h I do not care lol.
the best is it a motor ac or dc?
how much battery to make a max of 100km?
Can a battery charger charge more than one battery at a time?
Well, as a VE user, here is my opinion:
Find yourself an electric AX or another French and approved EV, it will be easier. You can even consider buying a "paperweight" (electric car without batteries).
Many others before you (me included) have wanted to do as you. You embark on a sacred adventure requiring technical knowledge and a minimum of ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE. Do you have them?

I was looking, he has little, an electric AX, finally I found an 2ème 106. With other members of an association, we also reflect on the best way to make an onboard generator.

For the characteristics of the electric AX / 106 / Saxo (they are identical), it is:
90kmh, 11kw nominal, 20 NiCd batteries 6V -100Ah either 120V CC. Autonomy between 50 and 130km according to use.

But we do not reason at all in the same way in electric. As far as I'm concerned, good autonomy is a sufficient autonomy.
1500km of autonomy as boasted oil car manufacturers, for me, it does not mean anything.
Oh, if ... 10 years ago, when I was running on oil, I did not rush to the station every strike oil depots, I was waiting for the strike to end.
: Lol:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/09, 15:04

: Arrow: Otherwise, since Alain G responded, an example of what Quebeckers know how to do: :D
The Green Vehicle.

And to return to France, LE forum reference in the matter:
Vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/06/09, 15:28

Blackberry

Citro is right it is a project that requires a fairly high experience in the field, it is easier to work from a paperweight vehicle and it will surely be much less expensive.

If you master the language of Shakespare, here is the best site that I have found so far, with links for all the material you would need as well as motorcycles, boats and electric vehicles of all kinds.

http://evalbum.com/
:D
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/09, 16:05

Alain G wrote:If you master the language of Shakespare, here is the best site that I have found so far, with links for all the material you would need as well as motorcycles, boats and electric vehicles of all kinds.
http://evalbum.com/ :D
Ben me, I'm just going for pictures, and have sweet dreams, before going to bed.

Start with a monthly visit, then check out the visits, if no side effects. : Lol:
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

thank you all

by Blackberry » 12/06/09, 17:50

super for the intelligence, yes I want to learn to be able to realize this kind of project was for that that I put myself back in the courses, someone would know to me towards which type of course that I must follow?
concerning the accumulation of 10 batteries in 12v so I need a transformer and a diode bridge to be able to ride with but 10 batteires will allow me to do how many kilometers?
would anyone know where to find electric vehicles even without batteries for sale?

Another question: Can a battery charger charge 2 to see more batteries at once?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/06/09, 18:25

Good evening Lamure

For the courses unfortunately I do not believe that it is of specific course for this trade, at least not here in Quebec, it is rather a course of electrical engineering which makes a vague overview of the vehicular motorization, here the experience in electric motor vehicle handling (pallet truck) can certainly helped, preceded by a course in advanced electronics.

But it remains optional since several suppliers of electric vehicle equipment can very well point you to the right hardware and data required for your project.

The difference between the experience and the non experience is the cost of the project, I started to work on 1979 handling equipment and worked for a long time in automation, it is unfortunate that such a distance separates us because I would have greatly appreciated supporting you on this project.

The autonomy of the batteries depends on the capacity on board, but in general it is about 70 km for 10 lead acid batteries of 180 amps at a speed of 70 kmh.

For the electric vehicle for sale Citro will surely be better able to guide you.

You can find a charger that will charge all the batteries at the same time.

Finally I hope you have a very good budget because this project can easily reach and exceed 8000 euros.

See you soon

Alain
0 x