Improved Efficiency / Combustion Engines Explosion

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
brenamanf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Improved Efficiency / Combustion Engines Explosion

by brenamanf » 03/05/13, 11:55

Hello everyone !

I am not known to forums econology or Overunity because I never took the time to register. I regularly browse these sites for ideas and improvements to internal combustion engines.
I am currently taking advantage of my unemployment to devote myself to a project that is close to my heart: the increase of the reduction of a combustion engine.

I am therefore looking for a small team to explore what is possible and achievable by everyone, at a lower cost.

The results and advanced will be posted on Econology and Overunity.
If the project grows and a forum can not channel and present the tests and prototypes, I have a server ready to host any type of web platform necessary for good cohesion.

Questions / Why:

A team ?
To think it is better to be several, and we advance a lot faster!

At a lower cost?
Mister everyone does not necessarily have all the material necessary, it will be necessary to provide equivalent / solution to obtain or adapt easily.

Who am I and what can I bring?
I am currently unemployed and have a 205 Junior.
Refer to the 2e Station for more information.
I have knowledge in computer science and mechanics as well as some prototype has my assets in electronics (Arduino ...)

Who may be interested in joining this team?
Anyone with ideas or knowledge who can debate and / or experiment.

And what are we going on? What is the axis of development?
See 2eme posts

PS: Sorry for all misspellings, I post from Android ...
0 x
brenamanf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brenamanf » 03/05/13, 11:56

So I work on a 205 Junior:

In Bold what is achieved

What are the axes envisaged?
  1. Passage to a more fluid oil
      Reduction of oil resistance
      Switch to an 5W40 instead of 10W40
  2. Fuel modification
  3. Improved ignition
      "Multi-Spark" ignition
      60 000V Coil
      HT capacitor on coil output
  4. Improvement of the Air / Fuel mixture
  5. Improvement of the cooling circuit
  6. Removing the alternator
      Peltier cells feeding
  7. Internal modification
      Balancing the engine
      Lightening the flywheel
      Increased compression
  8. Improved exhaust
      Heat recovery (Peltier?)
      Gas Recovery (EGR?)
      Extracted air recovery (Turbo?)
  9. Water injection
  10. Hydrogen injection

[Page subject to regular changes]
Last update: the May 10 by Remundo.
Last edited by brenamanf the 03 / 05 / 13, 12: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
brenamanf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brenamanf » 03/05/13, 11:57

Published by Remundo: Post temporarily empty
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 03/05/13, 18:13

Sorry, grease is not my thing ....

However, I have to tell you that on this forum, one can only edit his messages for a period of time after their first sending.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
brenamanf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brenamanf » 10/05/13, 12:55

Le forum not allowing a regular modification, I would modify, thanks to the admins, from time to time the first 3 messages in order to have an updated summary.

A server, with a domain name, is being created.
It will allow a follow-up of the experiments and the project easier.

I started to put links to pages / photos.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/05/13, 23:42

That leaves me a bit puzzled ...

It looks like bad medicine: drug cocktail, without knowing which one is walking ....

on a junior 205: if my memories are good, it is a car of 20 years ago.
what is the interest of improving an engine as old when one has gained 10 or 20% since improving the injections. Would not it be more interesting to see if we can still get better current hyper sophisticated engines?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
brenamanf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brenamanf » 11/05/13, 11:35

Indeed, it could look like it.

I first want to explain to you the choice of vehicle:
    - 205 are a family affair for us
    - I advocate "It was better before"
    - The 205 has a very good engine and many people and parts are still findable
    - I have just redone the engine

Concerning the axes envisaged:
    I do not intend to make a mix of everything and make a monumental soup.
    It would be more to see what it is possible to do, on a vehicle still in circulation, with many engine approaches, and that mister everyone could reproduce
    Plus, it's about exploring topics already tackling on Econology or Overunity.
    But in a deeper way, by exploring various patents...
    Example of turbulence generator

Ethanol:
Pumps are available and many people would like to save money, but sometimes the lack of knowledge see the fear, can roll back some.
Some answers that we can see on the internet, of the type, not on the vehicles before 2000 because destruction of the joints, is often put forward, in spite of a lot of people who rolls with vehicles between 1987 and 1990, which have no problem!

More advanced changes:
The removal of the alternator is a major step that already allows big savings.
On a modern vehicle, its removal can be more complicated or impossible.
In addition, the available space under hood is much higher on our good old car.

In case of advanced, I do not intend to stay on an 205!
I own a Mégane Coupe RXI 1.6 16S, and intends to make him suffer the same fate.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/05/13, 12:35

Well, the choice of the 205, I do not discuss it. I had the opportunity to rent one for a few days: this car has a lot of qualities.

The "best before": blah! I will take just one example: I had a Datsun (Nissan) 120 A from the 70s, 6,5l / 100 km, with a sailboat at the bottom and 4 people on board. OK, but it polluted with NO², it rusted in 4 years and it would have made laugh the guys who spend their time doing crash tests. and I wouldn't trade a Dacia Logan for my 1969 BMW which consumed 14 liters in town, did not hold the road, started to vibrate at 120 km / h, and almost fucked my left knee so much the pedal of clutch was hard (which was itself infinitely more pleasant to drive than a VW 1600 fast back)

Other things bother me: you will not make me believe that Peltier / Seebeck modules will produce enough energy for the needs of the car. You probably have more money to have a solar panel on the roof and a second battery to relieve the alternator (for example, by unplugging it in slow motion)

As for the oil: maybe (although I guess the guys who prescribed an oil are not idiots), but would not it be better to turn to synthetic high-end lubricants: a friend of mine so rolled a diesel Transporter VW 750.000 km before reselling it, (and I know that it rolls still since 2 or 3 years)

Make no mistake: I'm not used to "busting" projects, I just want to save you some time and money.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
brenamanf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brenamanf » 11/05/13, 13:19

I think a Peltier cell can produce enough energy for the car:
    - It will produce only hot engine, so once the trip is over, the load will continue!
    - It is true that for a short journey, one might think that this is rather dangerous, but if the engine is well insulated (CF the Shell car) The heat will be produced more quickly.
    I remember reading a Shell vehicle, following a race, able to roll a lot of Kms, the engine was completely isolated.
    If anyone has the link I am interested

- When I say peltier cell, I'm talking about replacing the radiator, by a series of peltier cell. 4 cell of 100W - 10A on a height of 3 would produce 120 A?
    - Not to mention the one that can be put on the exhaust.

The second battery may be interesting if the first is full, and to power an electric motor instead of the alternator.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/05/13, 14:10

0 x